wildwindflower

Inbred Dragons

What do you think of inbred dragons?  

1,352 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I just freeze them. I don't know why but i seem to care even though it is a dragon and it doesn't matter

I use inbreds for projects (i.e.; I am a mod with an inbred freezing program)

I take sadistic pleasure in breeding my inbred blacks on purpose since I'm currently trying to get an alt, plus I like having the male and female sprites along with frozen s1 and s2 hatchies.

But I make sure the eggs don't reach the AP. If I get a rare inbred, I don't mind since its rare and I would breed them to get more.

Common inbreds I usually toss back.

Looking for CBs at the moment since I want to make a nice lineaged staircase inbred line.

-cackles evily-

Edited by Shroudroot

I don't care about inbreds and rarely about lineages. It's only when I'm trading/gifting that I want CBs and such. After all, how many people shift through your scroll and look at all the lineages?

I don't like inbreds. I prefer short, pretty Lineages.

But I do have quite a few inbreds on my scroll from when I first started playing and didn't really care about lineages, but I just can't bring myself to get rid of them. tongue.gif

Depending on what I need at the time I may abandon them, or freeze them or let them grow up into adult. It I allow them to grow into an Adult I put an "IB" at the end of their name so I realize not to breed it again. The only inbreeds I breed on my scroll would be the pink dragons because I wanna have a lot of influences xd.png but I keep all of their offspring on my scroll of I gift it to someone who doesn't care.

I wouldn't want to use one to breed with any of mine, but if I'm not going to breed it, then it's fine by me. Although, if one has a lineage that's inbred but still looks nice, I'd keep it.

A good deal of the dragons on my scroll have been inbred at some point in their lineage.

I keep them and love them because otherwise I know that they'll end up like one of my Dorsal/Pebble Dragon children.

DEAD. Because the person who caught it obviously saw the inbreeding in the great-grandparent stage of my Dorsal and somehow that made it worth a hell of a lot less. dry.gif

It was painful to check it every few days and see no views on it. I wanted to post it on my DDF, but they'd refused help and therefore... >.< scrambled egg.

It depends... if I pick up a holly of 19376428475 gen and inbred half of the way... Who cares? Silver and gold, yeah, keep that to! In commons though I either bounce them back or freeze them If they are hatchies/low time eggs. Not to release though, I don't release my dragons at all, rather have them sit there forever and not be bred/grown than release them!

Though usually the freeze is done because of a long, messy line, regardless of inbreeding.

I do also breed some of the dragons who were inbred some point down the line (usually many generations ago).

Why? To maintain the common:rare ratios.

EDIT: I do keep most of these eggs though I must add.

Edited by ZaraReaspa

I think sprites are just pixels, you know smile.gif

But when I learned that people might freeze my bred eggs because of it, I decided to avoid inbred dragons. In general, 'clean' dragons are treated better.

I think sprites are just pixels, you know smile.gif

This. happy.gif

I have a ton of inbred dragons, some of which were ones I adopted early on before I cared about lineage, some of which were rare - like a Gold Dorkface - that I wasn't about to chuck back because of it's seven times great grandparent on the other branch of the lineage, some I just liked. I actually have a massively long lineage of my own that's totally inbred, because it's based off a family tree from a fantasy book and there was a lot of cousin marrying cousin in the book. :3

If I'm breeding for someone else to adopt, I give them the option of a pair with clean lineage though, because I know it matters to some people. But if I came across an AP egg I needed, I probably wouldn't worry too much if it did have some inbreeding in it.

I think at least 25% of my dragons are inbred (or probably more). smile.gif I don't mind inbreeding, I grab what I need/want usually from the AP and usually don't bother with trying to see if it is inbreed. I've been known to throw CBs back because I'm looking for lineage (that doesn't mean that I'm not happy to get a CB rare/uncommon or a low gender rare/uncommon though).

I put other because unless its rare, i don't mind inbreeds, but i would never inbreed myself.

Freeze or bite, don't really care that much though. I wouldn't inbreed myself, but don't really see anything wrong with keeping an inbred. Personally, I just don't like a really messy lineage, call it a flaw in my character.

I really enjoy the nicely inbred dragon lines. (like the ones that Sir Barton just posted) Some that I have seen are simply stunning. I have a small collection started of even-gen inbreds and really enjoy working with them.

Ah, inbreds. The only times I don't tolerate inbreeding is in holiday dragons. Because I WILL breed them and I don't want them being released. :<

Otherwise, I tolerate them, and allow them to live peacefully on my scroll.

I don't like inbred dragons. Any I pick up are frozen or kicked back to the AP. I don't judge people who do have them, it's just a personal preference.

I bite them, unless they're rare. Then I'll release them, since I'm pretty sure someone out there will want it despite being inbred.

Sometimes I'll release a successful bite too, but I've two I kept simply because of the insane number of dragons that showed up twice in their lineages.

Wow, those are really pretty.

Thanks. xd.png I'm really proud of my inbred babies.