wildwindflower

Inbred Dragons

What do you think of inbred dragons?  

1,352 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Honestly I don't really care. Dragon is a dragon. It's the breeders problem, not mine.

I've accidentally bred one or two myself, but I won't deliberately inbreed. I don't mind other people doing it if they want.

I don't really care about inbreeding as far as my dragons go. I am not going to inbreed my own dragons if I can avoid it but I am not going to toss, kill, bite, or otherwise harm an egg/hatchling that happens to be inbred any more than I would a non-inbred egg/hatchling. I am still going to breed a dragon even if it happens to be inbred. If I do Neglected or Zombie experiments, I won't select a dragon based on inbreeding.

I don't inbreed my dragons myself, but I don't care if there is inbreeding my dragon's lineage. I care a lot more about inbreeding now than I used to, though. It really doesn't matter, when I think about it, because they're just... pixels on a screen. No actual breeding or mating is going on.

I really don't care much if the dragons are inbred or not. It's just a game and since there's no negative in game consequences to the dragons being inbred, I don't see any reason to get rid of them or not to breed them.

I think it's enough of a challenge trying to collect all the different dragons without adding extra difficulty that comes from discriminating against inbreds.

If inbreeding is done correctly, then I don't mind keeping the dragon. But if a dragon I get off the AP has inbreeding/or has a messy lineage, then I usually toss back, even if it is rare.

And lots of inbreeding occured long before we had the lineage page to check with, so lots of instances could have been accidental.

I have several inbred dragons from before there was any easy way to check for that sort of thing still on my scroll, and they will remain there. The only inbred adults I have since then are metallics. Now I tend to toss back inbred eggs when I find them, unless I picked them up as an ER - I don't even check ER eggs until after they're hatched and frozen.

For me, it depends. I don't have a huge problems with inbreds, but it makes the offspring less desirable to other players, so I try to avoid it. A lot of times I will freeze an inbred hatchling to avoid breeding it accidentally. Sometimes I let them grow up if I am low on freezes. I also will bite them with my vampires and re-release them onto the AP. People still snatch up vampire eggs like candy.

I do have one inbred dragon that I breed regularly because she is one of three magmas I have. I made sure to partner her with a red so her children would have a home regardless of being inbred.

I like some of the inbred dragons I have. However, due to many people's take on inbreeding, I keep them to myself. I mean, honestly, if people will just chuck a lovely little black egg back, just because it has a bit of inbreeding, I don't see why I should put it there in the first place. It's often the same with my common dragons as well. Heck, I had a little egg with a lovely lineage, but I couldn't keep it 'cause it was a twin. So I put it in the AP.

I checked it several minutes later, to see if it was getting chucked back or not, and I find that it was killed. Not a vamp bite either. The person had no vamps on their scroll. It wasn't inbred, it had a pure-bred lineage, even-gen... Just gorgeous, and they killed the little thing!

Frankly, inbreeding is WAAAAY less of a problem than people killing commons. I'd love to see people at least taking on the eggs and freezing them as hatchlings than just throwing the commons and inbreds back to the AP or killing them.

I try to not inbreed my dragons, though I don´t care much about that when I pick eggs from the AP.

When I started I´ve inbred many of the dragons I got.

I get rid of them if they have long lineages but I freeze them usually. I love pretty inbred lineages though

I've never checked my dragons' lineages until today. But usually I try not to breed a dragon with its child.

Just an hour ago I checked the status of my dragons, and then named the inbred dragons something that contained "Unreactive" so that I would not breed them in the future (I like to give them scientific/chemical names).

I don't really mind inbreds though. I wouldn't abandon an egg/hatching just because it is inbred. I care more about their breeds. tongue.gif

The longer I play this game, the more I care about inbreds. I don't really hate the, I just don't prefer them. If I notice that a dragon is inbred (or has a really long and/or messy lineage) as soon as I grab it from the AP, I'll abandon it right away. However, if I don't notice it or I'm planning to do something with the egg (like bite it), I'll keep it. I have quite a few grown or frozen inbreds on my scroll and I'm not about to get rid of them because of that.

Inbreeding doesn't bother me at all. Even though I'm involved in a few lineage projects, I don't see any difference between my CBs and my inbreds. Even if they don't have a value to others they are of value to me and that's what counts in the end.

Depends what I'm looking for. If I'm looking for particular lineages, I toss them back to the AP. If I just want another egg to fill up my slot, probably of a certain kind (with a BSA or something), I keep it. Right now, I have a couple of inbreds, but I try to not produce more of them. (Not alway successfully...)

I don't care. I'm not interested in any linages or anything. I'm just collecting the dragons because I think they look nice, and it's something cute and fun to have in my signature on forums.

I try not to keep inbreds that I catch, but I don't care about the ones already on my scroll. I just don't like messy lineages in general, and a lot of inbred lineages are just that.

If it's a pretty intentional inbreeding project, I'd probably keep it.

I hardly pick up from the AP, but when I do and it's an inbreed, I abandon it right away. Yet there's still that massively inbreed Silver I can't get rid of and still breed hoping to get another silver ._.

But I think there should be a little chance to get a "special" dragon, if you know what I mean, when you hatch an inbred egg (or when the hatchie genders or grows up). That would make inbreeds more interesting to keep and inbreeding would finally make sense.

Indeed. Inbreeding lineages can be very pretty if done right. Here's a massively inbred lineage of my creation.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/vKco

There's nothing wrong with inbreds in the game...no genetic issue or anything...so it all depends on the person's view I suppose. I have no issues with them, but I won't really breed a messy inbred line.

I don't inbreed but I usually keep them if I find them on the AP, I either let them grow up or I freeze them. I only breed the "newest" dragons for other people to catch.

I honestly don't care about inbreeding, but I would avoid doing it if possible.

I'll probally keep a inbred, but not breed it with other dragons.

I really can't breed any dragons right now, since I'm new and all the dragons I've been getting have turned out to be male. I recently got a pink, and I'm considering about what dragon to breed it with.