wildwindflower

Inbred Dragons

What do you think of inbred dragons?  

1,352 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't care if inbreeding happens or not. I do 'mass breeds' each week and I don't bother to pay attention to a mother-son/father-daughter breeding. Mostly because most of the dragons on my scrolls are those I bred and kept. I see little point in keeping 400+ dragons straight from who breeds with who each week and I frankly do not have the time to do so, therefore I just go at it.

Honestly I don't see why people are so picky about pixels being inbred, it doesn't effect your dragons and happens in the real world quite a lot with different animal groups from stray dogs to lion prides

i have inbreds on my scroll because i never kept track when i first started out. especially my splits. they don't bother me now to mass murder them all.

when picking eggs off the AP, i tend to look at the lineages...common eggs with messy lineage/inbreeding i pitch back because i can get a CB one, i'm sure. rare eggs, i don't care and i keep them.

hatchlings off the AP i keep no matter what. i never freeze dragons...and if they're inbred i honestly don't care if they breed with other dragons. like the saying "a dragon is a dragon" so why not treat it like all the other pixels.

i care about lineages to an extent, it depends on what i need and don't mind on having.

I'm okay with lineages, and am not truly picky. Unless I'm biting or mate-hunting, I usually catch ER eggs to hatch before chucking them back to the AP. if it's a hatchie, I don't mind if it grows up on my scroll. I keep even-gen Blunas, and also messily-lineaged Skywings. Even a Thuwed with slight inbreeding didn't faze me- the boy was pitching for a 2nd-gen Pumpkin and it was the thought that counts.

I hate long lineaged inbred dragons.

I don't mind short lineaged inbred dragons. I freeze hatchlings that have lineages or whenever I simply don't have room for them.

I am not going to kill or release a dragon because it's inbred. I won't breed it, and if I do, I won't toss the egg away anyhow. It would remain on my scroll. So I don't care if a dragon is inbred that I catch in the AP, but my own personal lineages will not be inbred from my standpoint. If I give one away and someone else inbreeds it along the way? I don't care. They aren't "live" dragons. They are pixels on a screen. They aren't "happier" or "sadder" if they are inbred, PB, or CB, and they aren't treated any different here, they grow up just the same, look the same, etc. If there was the issue of the dragons getting sick, or easier for them to die if they were inbred, then maybe it would be different.

I don't care. I have probably inbred so many times. Is there any problem with it?

I have an inbred Split, Blacksun And Darkmoon. She has the same grandparents on each side of her family tree, but as I don't have a male split she'll probably never breed- so I'm not bothered, really.

I don't care if a dragon is inbred or not - a dragon is a dragon. I collect them, breed them, raise them etc. When I freeze, it can be a CB just as well as a bred dragon, what matters to me is what I need to finish the collection.

Yup - that's what I do too.... I believe in tolerance of race, birth and religion. It isn't the eggs' fault there were Bad Things happening in their family. laugh.gifbiggrin.gif

Visit not the sins of the parents upon their children. biggrin.gif

Well, somehow I was lucky that I only had 4 or 5 inbred dragons on my scroll. I decided to release them so that I don't accidently breed them.

Recently, I found one really artfully inbred 10th even gen dragon on the AP and I decided to keep it because it was so artfully inbred: http://dragcave.net/lineage/fROH - if I ever find the matching Red, I would probably even continue breeding it. smile.gif

You could request an egg from the breeder in the Perfect Inbreeding thread.

I myself Dont like inbreeding much, though it depends. One Summer I am attatched to is horridly inbred, but I still breed it because some people actual ask me to! And my first Dorkface and White, Dewfrost, has a Silver who's Son bred with his Grandaughter (who's father was a brother to the first Son). I still breed him cause its just one dragon, and I am rather fond of him.

Generaly I tend to throw inbreds back, but a few I keep. I have also bred a Perfect Inbred line, of Pygmys! Here is my newest egg: http://dragcave.net/lineage/ZtYl

I'm up to 7th Gen, and will happily breed 3rd-6th Gen's for anyone who wants a pair of Vinbreds, provided they 1) name them propperly, 2) Dont Freeze or Kill 3.) Keep breeding my little Vinbreds!

When I started here I didn't care at all about inbred dragons. But now I care at least a bit. Still, I use to catch dragons from AP that are inbred and keep them, but I try to not breed them (though, this is quite hard for me to remember since I've almost 600 dragons by now and I my memory isn't the best).

For my own collection, I don't care if they're inbred or not.

But I do try to avoid them when it's convenient, because it seems a lot of people that have stuff I want dislike inbred dragons.

As they are basically all pixels I don't really care. ^^

However, I don't like messy lineages and as most inbreeds do have one, I reabandon them. But if the lineage is nice, I'd keep them without hesitation. wink.gif

Depends on what kind of dragon it is. If it is a uncommon or rare dragon i'll keep it. I don't care if it's inbred.

I have a lot of red dragons (almost all inbred), but i keep them because of the Incubate-function.

But if it is a common dragon i drop it back to the AP.

I don't care whether I have any inbreds or not (I know of a few off the top of my head), I like all of my dragons equally. Also, *points to signature* if you have any inbreds you don't want, feel free to contact me or click the banner to go to the Inbred Shelter thread and find someone else who will want them. smile.gif

I don't really care if a egg or hatchling is inbred i have 3 so far that's inbred i try not to breed them myself unless i have room for the inbred egg myself since i know many might kill it if they pick it up or just throw it back in the AP pile.

Well, if it's one of those loooong lineaged inbred ones, I keep them if they're rare/uncommon until I have enough non-inbreds. If they're common and I don't have hatchlings of that breed, I'll freeze them.

And then there's those inbred lineages. I only do even gen of those, but there are two races of dragons I'm purposefully inbreeding.

I try not to breed caught inbreds, though, if they don't have beautiful lineages.

I don't care about inbreeding or lineages, the only time I DO care about the lineage is if I happen to click it and I think it's pretty, then I go "Oh, that's pretty" and forget about it xd.png When I breed my dragons though I don't pay any attention to who is going with who, I click 1, I click the 1st one on the breed page, bam an egg or not. I'm sure I've inbred my dragons tons of times, but I don't even pay attention. If it has a "special" name because I traded/got gifted it and it was requested, then I usually just won't breed them because I don't want to mess up someone else's project.

I don't really mind if I pick up an inbred dragon in the AP because I want that type of dragon. I usually try to hunt for cave borns when I can, but if I can't find that dragon in the cave I'll look in the AP for them and hope that one drops there.

When I started, I didn't care about lineages and so I just picked up or bred whatever.

Now, I care about lineages, so I don't raise the inbred or messy lineaged ones anymore, except for BSAs. I don't really think inbred pixels is an issue, though, so it doesn't bother me.

I need some dragons urgently - such as Reds, Pinks or Purples - for their special functions. and now that I'm a newbie it doesn't matter whether they are inbred or not - they'll be of a great use and they'll help me to get a trophey rolleyes.gif

I also love to freeze little cute hatchies of inbred dragons smile.gif

For my own collection, I don't care if they're inbred or not.

But I do try to avoid them when it's convenient, because it seems a lot of people that have stuff I want dislike inbred dragons.

This. I don't really care except there are things that I will probably have to trade for and some people don't like it. *shrug*

Well, I generally freeze them unless I don't already have one. i caught an inbred Vine hatchie and froze it, but my only Blunas and male Split are inbred, and it doesn't bother me too much. Inbred commons = freeze them, inbred rares = Come on, they're RARES.

I have a few inbred dragons on my scroll, I keep them because they're rares or I've grown attached to them. I used to have a lot more but I released a bunch of them. If I do catch an inbred now I usually freeze the hatchling or gift it if someone else wants the breed and doesn't care about inbreeding.

I don't care about inbred dragons. So long as it completes my collection, it could be the most inbred dragon for all I care.

Though, when breeding dragons to trade, I will be careful with the lineage since I know that others care about inbreeding.