Ninetails

Unusual food combinations/Stange foods you eat

smile.gif Im not that much of a seaweed type of person. (one reason that I don't eat sushi is because of the seaweed.)

Various insects are good, healthy too. Scorpion Lollypops are probably the strangest I've had. Even though they're more aimed at tourists, they're alright and just taste like candy :P

I'd never eat certain foods just to be eccentric though. Foie gras, shark, brains... no fank you.

I've always had a taste for paper and styrofoam. But that's not really food. That's just my weirdness. And I'm kinda trying not to eat it so much. :/

Weird food? I love something that my dad invented when I was little. Mom was gone, and he wasn't sure what to give my siblings and me for a snack, so... He took big dill pickles, sliced them in half, and topped them with honey and cake sprinkles. Sounds rather disgusting, but it actually tastes really good. :3

Edited by Imbecamiel

Weirdest thing I've probably eaten was a purple clover. :3

But I've also eaten frozen pickle juice on a stick (pickle cicle), doggy biscuits that taste like vanilla wafers, cheeto's with ranch dressing, and chicken ramen with cheese and pepperoni cut into it. (:

And the wrapping/cup thingies you put cupcakes in. I've chewed up and eaten one of those before. :3

I once ate lime jelly dipped in chilli soup. It was delicious. Funnily enough, my friends did not believe me.

I also really like raw peas and I used to eat raw cabbage. Have eaten paper before, but not in any large quantity. I'll try anything once tongue.gif

What's with all the people eating animal food xd.png

I guess we all try it when we're little...I tried a bit of can cat food when I was about 20. It tastes exactly how it looks and smells. I've also eaten dog biscuits. The Three dog Bakery ones can be quite interesting as cookies.

Some things I forgot: deer jerkey (and heart), alligator, cow brain...? I think I tried that, squid-fried, dried, and steamed; snail, and these things

user posted image

Which is normal to eat where I live.

OKRA?

Oooh, I had that in a curry once- ladie's fingers, right? I really liked them.

I eat raw courgette, raw broccoli, and I once ate a hymn sheet at church...

It was Harvest Festival, and I was sooooo bored.

I love fried calimari its good. Well I guess I dont eat wierd things. Oh and calimari is squid.

Strangest, yet tastiest thing I have ever been TRICKED into tasting was Bull Testicle Empanadillas. They taste great, but when I found out what the hell I was eating, I gagged and threw up.

Another thing that I love to eat is Pork Intestines filled with rice, beef and blood. It's a very common food for christmas back home.

When I make chicken patties, I put BBQ, Sweet & Sour, Taco Sauce, Swiss & Cheddar cheese. Taste great, to be honest.

My friends think that the fact that I eat raw bacon and pork is disgusting and unhealthy, but I've been doing that for years, and I'm healthy as heck o.o

Cuajito (Koo-AH-he-toe) is my absolute FAVORITE Rican dish. It's Pig skin and ear in a soup with bananas.

I like to eat Shark, Marlin, Shrimp, Dorado and Tuna in form of Alcapurrias

Raw beef, raw fish and, occasionally, raw bacon are all great, though the fresher the better on the beef and fish, and the best raw bacon is well cured.

I have all sorts of odd little snacks I've come up with- my main Sunday breakfast is something consisting of a piece of pastrami lunch meat (the circle cuts ones), wrapped like a wonton shell around garlic croutons, sliced pickle (or relish) and lettuce. Sometimes with melted cheese mixed in as well.

I also like to dip carrots in whip cream, apples in lemon juice (not terribly weird), and torn up tortilla in soy sauce.

Does Oreos submerged in milk count?

I also eat cereals with chocolate in the absence of milk...

Hmmm... hmmm...

Scalloped rutabaga is delicious.

Ummm... I'll edit this if i can think of anything actually weird that I eat.

I like to mix steak sauce with my mashed potatoes sometimes...

I've eating alligator and shark before. At first I thought the alligator was chicken, then someone told me what it was and I was like "Oh..." *goes back for more*.

I can't remember what kind of shark I had, I just remember that it was delicious.

I'm VERY fond of dried reindeer heart.

Blood foods like blood pancake and blood dumplings are okay I guess, but I don't cook it for myself usually. But they are very good for you. Healthy stuff, especially for young women.

Surströmming (AKA Scandinavian rotten, fermented herring) is also pretty good, when you get over the horrible smell.

Kaffeost/kahvijuusto ("Coffee cheese") is VERY yummy too. It's something made from unpasteurized colostrum (I think that's what it's called) from cows. You eat it with coffee and is sort of 'squeky' in consistency.

They're not strange foods around here, but others seem to be pretty icky about it for some reason. 'specially when you serve up pieces of meat that looks sorta raw and eat it as it is, and even more when you tell them it's heart.

Edited by Ripan

I like seafood. ANY kinds of seafood. There has not been a fish yet that I didn't like. Well, not just fish. Snails, clams, squid, octopus(kinda the same tasting), Scalops, Fish jerky (there's a proper name for it, but I couldn't even type it), any kind of fish, crocodile(not rly seafood I guess), sushi. In a past life, I had to have been something that ate seafood.

Cooked pork blood on rice and menudo with tripe when I get the chance, raw ripe lemon slices, plain sauerkraut, sushi, dried seaweed, and a hot dog sausage wrapped in cheese and covered in tabasco sauce.

Edited by sir_horsey_XIX

I love dipping french fries in milkshakes, most people I know like it as well though some others think it sounds pretty disgusting. tongue.gif I also like some kinds of sushi, which I know plenty of people think it's really gross.

My boyfriend's mom likes to eat spaghetti on toast/bread with jelly on it and tried to get me to try it once. I'm a really picky eater so I took one look and stepped away. >>;

I guess it's not really strange food.... it's the fact that I eat two to four almost every night. Bioed eggs. It was a pregnancy craving with my son and it just never stopped xd.png

ewwww.. some of those are creepy. ive had squid by accident!!!! not fun at all.. i also had lamb by accident UGH! ummm i loovvee sushi ohhh and holandays sauce. tongue.gif yumm

No eggspam. Please read the rules.

Edited by NixAyum

I've had alligator - it didn't taste anything special. I love love love squid and octopus (any kind of seafood actually), and I've had shark, dolphin and rays.

Of chicken, I love to eat the neck, the heart, gizzards and the liver. Beef - love liver, bone marrow and brain (coated with flour and deep fried - yum!!)

Edited by lanette