Completely Different

Doctor Who

I can't really say I have a favourite doctor or companion, just some who've been much better than others!

I'm really liking Peter Capaldi. It was touch and go because I could take him or leave him in anything else I've seen him in but he didn't disappoint.

Never lucky enough to get a scarfe. sad.gif

Hubs did request a heat activated mug, where the tardis starts off at one side and ends up at the other and a T shirt for christmas, though!

My mother knitted mine for me. All I had to do was tuck the ends in where each colour changed once she'd done. I think I may have done the tassels, too.

One cousin gave me a Doctor Who Mad Libs and TARDIS-topped pen this year while her nephew gave me a t-shirt with weeping angels around the TARDIS and the caption 'Weeping Angel Death Trap'. biggrin.gif

Happy Birthday to Tom Baker who is 81 today!

"Whatever you've got planned, forget it! I'm Tom Baker. I'm 81 years old. I'm from the city of Liverpool in the county of Lancashire. I'm THE Doctor, the Bringer of Jelly Babies, and you... are basically just a cat, aren't you? Ok, carry on... just a... general... warning... Happy Birthday Tom! ~WeepingDoctor~ (found at Facebook)

Peter Capaldi is great. He is a big contrast to 10 and 11, because those two made jokes or acted silly and childish at times, while 12 is much more serious and mature. The christmas episode was awesome, and I like the end with the tangerine in the tree (or was it an orange? I don't remember). One of my favorite companions is Donna. She's one of the few companions who wasn't in love with the doctor, and I loved her personality. Not to mention her grandfather was awesome. Grrr, I really wish she could've stayed with the doctor.

Has Steven Moffat been kicked off the production team yet...?

No.........?

Okay, guess I'll keep ignoring it.

When's the next new episode? or have I been missing them since the Christmas one?

When's the next new episode? or have I been missing them since the Christmas one?

August.

August.

Thanks smile.gif I didn't realize it was that long a way. I kept checking my TV listings for Saturday and of course finding nothing new.

Did you know the character of Death in Sir Terry Pratchett's Discworld series lives in a house that's bigger on the inside with his granddaughter Susan?

D'aww. This shouldn't surprise me, given that the author used to write for Doctor Who, but I'm still tickled.

I've always been curious about this show, but the sheer number of seasons and episodes have scared me off every time.

Is it ok to start watching it from the 2005 revival season, or is there a better starting point other than the original 1963 version?

I just don't have TIME (har har) to watch the whole thing.

I've always been curious about this show, but the sheer number of seasons and episodes have scared me off every time.

Is it ok to start watching it from the 2005 revival season, or is there a better starting point other than the original 1963 version?

I just don't have TIME (har har) to watch the whole thing.

You could easily start with the 2005 season. I actually started with Tom Baker (4th Doctor) and went back and saw the past seasons later.

To my utter disgrace I have been revealed as the tumblr trash I am and got hooked on yet another fandom. xd.png Watched the revived series about 3 times by now and currently wading through the original anyway.

Haven't watched every single episode though, some simply don't interest me in the first 10 minutes so I skip over to the next one.

Also I am saddened by the fact that there are episodes no one will ever be able to see due to the stupidity of the broadcast station. Why is it there are so many idiots making bad choices in regards to television? Cancelled shows, destroyed copies of awesome shows... geez.

Please, please let that be Jenny at the end...

Yes. Absolutely.

And if it is, new companion.

It's not the same actress. Maybe it's Susan regenerated?

It's not the same actress. Maybe it's Susan regenerated?

It'd make more sense if it was Jenny that regenerated. Jenny was awesome and needs to come back and they deliberately left it open so she would.

Susan was annoying and a disgrace to Timelords. ;p

Edit:

So I was working on a thing, and if anyone else wants an awesome thing, feel free!

Doctor Who Christmas Special

Edited by zaverxi

Thanks for posting this. I hadn't seen it yet and it is also nice to know when new episodes are coming.

Jenny is basically one of the only people who could get away with calling The Doctor " Old Man" But the look reminds me of that woman from the 1800s who was partners with the reptile woman ( name and species escapes me, been up all night)

Would be funny if it was River, but we know what happened with her sad.gif

SPOILERS aka rumors and basically guesses but still SPOILERS!

Found that, it is assumptions and such on who Maisie is playing.

Edited by KuroYukia

River Song back for the Christmas special? Not entirely sure how I feel about that...I think River's story was very nicely wrapped up, and gave a lovely theme of consistency through Eleven's tenure alongside his battle with the Silence. Having her back from the dead (properly dead) is making me a little...uneasy.