Completely Different

Doctor Who

Yep, three episodes are out so far.

For those who missed it, (I went back and paused in my amazon account) here's what the rest of those cards were:

I completely understand why it was difficult not to get captured

It was my fault, I should have known you didn't live in Aberdeen

I didn't mean to imply that I don't care

No one is going to get eaten / vaporised / exterminated / upgraded / possessed / mortally wounded / turned into jelly. We'll all get through this unharmed.

Easier to cosplay, at least. cool.gif

And hey, why not let him go hands-free?

But yes I did love the cards, and the various lines, and his insistence that he knew sign language when he actually didn't have a clue.

Dat cliffhanger though hnnnnnngh

I bet It's not actually his ghost but another hologram designed to do... something.

CALLED IT

That opening for Before the Flood though  wub.gif  wub.gif

Indeed. Squueeee! wub.gifcool.gif

CALLED IT

A shiny for you. tongue.gif

Interesting, this isn't the first time we've seen a bootstrap paradox in Doctor Who (or as I've heard them called elsewhere, Moffat loops) There was a big one in Listen last year with Clara telling the Doctor it was okay to be afraid, after hearing him repeat that same dialogue to someone else before she said it.

Excellent pacing and mystery for this two-parter. The dialogue in part 1 was kind of 'eh?' but part two was great. (I got genuinely a bit freaked out when the Doctor was convinced he had to die.)

Indeed. Squueeee! wub.gifcool.gif

A shiny for you. tongue.gif

Interesting, this isn't the first time we've seen a bootstrap paradox in Doctor Who (or as I've heard them called elsewhere, Moffat loops) There was a big one in Listen last year with Clara telling the Doctor it was okay to be afraid, after hearing him repeat that same dialogue to someone else before she said it.

Excellent pacing and mystery for this two-parter. The dialogue in part 1 was kind of 'eh?' but part two was great. (I got genuinely a bit freaked out when the Doctor was convinced he had to die.)

It was seen a few times in the original series too. I mean, it pretty much has to happen if time travel is ever involved in a show. xd.png

And yaaaaaaay shinies!

CALLED IT

Yup, you did. I had money on it being him using the spirit projection technology and producing an artificial 'ghost,' so close enough for me tongue.gif

That opening...I really did enjoy it. It struck me as a bit off since it directly broke the fourth wall, but I am not going to cry about it. It was epic and reminded me of

. I wonder how long Capadli had petitioned to get to rock out the intro tongue.gif

Finally managed to watch it last night.

Totally going to ignore the (in my opinion) irrelevant Beethoven scenario, there was no need to try to change history yet again.

That aside, I loved it! This was Dr. Who at its best - finding a group of people with a life-threatening problem and sorting it out.

The Doctor and friends running away from a monster until he was ready to confront and destroy it, along with the time travel overlapse brought back loads of childhood memories.

And he didn't go completely hands free. If he'd had a screwdriver in his pocket, he could've had his glasses on when he had to use them to lock a door (I think that was what he did with the side, anyway)

I hope we get more of these kind of storylines!

This was a good episode and finally explains the Peter Capaldi multi-part thing. xd.png

10th Doctor/Donna cameo woot woot! Those two should've had more than one season together, best Doctor/Companion pairing ever.

I very much enjoyed this episode, once again there's something about this series that is simply...epic.

slightly off-topic Dragoncave whovian thing:

I don't play DC nearly as much as I used to, and I have a bunch of timelord dragon names I'm giving away:

The Doctor of Gallifrey

Borusa of Gallifrey

Salyavin of Gallifrey

The Master of Gallifrey

River Song of the TARDIS

Susan of Gallifrey

Mortimus of Gallifrey

The Corsair of Gallifrey

PM me if you'd like any or all of these, first-come-first-serve, I'll de-name them for you. (and please keep replies in PM's so as not to derail the thread.)

Edited by AlexisV

Interesting article here:

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2015/1...social_facebook

I'm not sure I liked the Maisie Williams character but there were parts of last night's episode I enjoyed. At least I'm managing to watch them all the way through again instead of drifting off to the laptop as I did for much of Doctor Eleven.

Drat. I'm so used to BBC America running nature shows on Sunday mornings, I completely forgot that Keeper of Traken and Logopolis were on! (And the latter is about to end.) rolleyes.gif

Edited by Lagie

Oh man, I stopped watching after Eleven regenerated because the plot became too ridiculous and Clara wasn't much of a companion imo. I've been meaning to watch Twelves episodes for a while now but I've been too lazy for that, I might just rewatch from Nine as he and Ten were my faves.

Just watched this week's concluding part. It was okay. The best part was the end selfie twist, though!

I enjoyed this weeks episode. It was nice to see Osgood again.

And Kate Stewart, too. I did enjoy this week's (didn't even watch the repeat of last week's).

Yes, it's all good.

Kind of reminds me of when the doctor used to work with the Brigadeer!

Now that's a cliffhanger!

I'm really intrigued about where the alien hybrid concept is leading to as well. But I'm liking that this season's long arc isn't nearly as overt or obvious as the last few.

Also, I'm enjoying the heck out of the Doctor's guitar solos. Crazy awesome how good of a player Capaldi is! cool.gif

Kind of reminds me of when the doctor used to work with the Brigadeer!

Ah, good times. wink.gif

Once again, a good episode yesterday, though again they missed a golden opportunity to have Clara mention souffles. tongue.gif

I also watched most of today's "Day of the Daleks" marathon on BBC America. Great way to spend a quiet Sunday working around the house!

Nice anti-war lecture...

Yeah, I liked that speech. I rarely tear up for stuff I see on TV but I'll admit I did for that...

I'd been missing 12's angry side a tiny bit too. 'Cause say what you will, Capaldi rocks that kind of acting better than anyone I've ever seen. *fangirl*

I wasn't feeling it with that last episode. There were some good ideas there, the whole idea that conquering sleep will have consequences, and I thought there was the elements there of what could have been a very effective horror episode. But instead...meh.

But in my books, every series is allowed to have an 'off' episode tongue.gif

Well that was a bit meta. Not digging the shakey cam footage, but mixing up the story format was nice.