Completely Different

Doctor Who

My whole family has been watching this season together for the first time and for the most part we have really enjoyed it. none of us liked Kill the moon though. that much added weight would not have had such a dramatic effect on the moon. and having a baby lay an egg that's bigger than itself just off screen was just too silly for us.

the train one was much better than i thought it would be and it was nice to see the Doctor take the spotlight again. It was kind of wired for me since I had just had a nightmare like this episode before I watched it tongue.gif

I LOVED the most recent one with the 2d creatures! It is by far my favorite of the season and easily among my all time favorites. that gif is one of the best moments ever xd.png Not to mention the teaser at the end of the episode. whats it all mean!? ahh!

I also really enjoyed the realization who what was on the walls and how the creatures got around in three dimensions. And the part with the fake door was brilliant.

Interesting episode (but really I figured out what was going on with the trees long before the Doctor did)

The Doctor does seem a little slow to figure things out, but I do like him and enjoyed the episode. It's the first one I actually sat through and watched without getting up and doing anything while it was happening. (Prerecorded and able to zoom through commercials helps!)

Yeah, I figured out the trees thing early too. It seems like the story quality is being sacrificed for the sake of character interaction scenes, not liking that much because the logic behind the character interactions seems all screwy.

It was okay I guess. I'm enjoying seeing different writers though, I must admit.

Not looking forward to this week's episode after seeing the trailer but at least with the finale coming we'll find out what it's all about. I just don't think I'm going to like it!

The moment 'Missy' came on screen we all half-guessed who she was. Still, the reveal is pretty awesome smile.gif

Enjoyed the episode. Looking forward to the conclusion.

first episode of the new doctor was that moon one, I literaly stopped everything I was doing and watched it

I liked this episode a lot and am looking forward to next week's episode. I think they should have left the cybermen out of the trailer though. It would have made the moment where we see them much better. Knowing they were going to appear in the episode made it very obvious to guess who they were.

Loved the swearing in the psychic paper! xd.png

Oh, now I know who's behind it all, I like!!

Obviously Danny'll be saved from becoming a Cyberman!

Two lines I loved:

"You have ipads and internet here"? "Of course, we have Steve Jobs"

And...

"People hear white noise and think it's the dead talking to us" "Why?" "Are they stupid?"

Edited by quinney

Just found two lovely pics.

user posted image

and...

user posted image

That second one's a good one, Mr. Kestra!

I agree, Raistlin. They're showing far too much in the trailers this season!

The MISI reveal did surprise me. Loved the Steve Jobs comment.

I tried eating breakfast while watching Dark Water. Bad idea, now I have an untouched bowl full of soggy cereal.

That part with Clara and the volcano was just... wow. I really never got Clara's thought process this season, but I totally got that. And that was one hell of a twist.

I feel like I missed a lot while trying to process all the plot twists, will definitely have to watch this episode a few more times just to catch everything.

"You have ipads and internet here"? "Of course, we have Steve Jobs"

Apropos of nothing, Steve Jobs from The War Games

Anybody want to talk about the earlier doctors?

Opinions on Six, anyone?

I'm halfway through Mark of the Rani right now. Really enjoying the writing of the episodes so far. (Vengeance on Varos especially, that episode had quite a lot of meta going on.)

I actually kind of like the sixth Doctor. When I started watching the Twin Dilemma, I absolutely hated him and was really wondering how I'd get through the next two seasons. Finally I just gave in and started up part two of the Twin Dilemma about two weeks later. I kinda figured that 'hey, he just regenerated, maybe he isn't used to this personality and doesn't realize he's being a massive jerk?'

It was what he said to Peri along the lines of "If you'd been abusing me all day the way I've been to you, I'd have been quite glad of your demise" that got me. Don't really know why, but some part of me has to admire him for having the sheer nerve to be the kind of person he is, on purpose.

As someone who wants to be cremated the part of the episode concerning that freaked me out.

Edited by rubyshoes

Enjoyed part 2. Notice the twist in the opening credits? xd.png

I'm so glad Kate's still alive.

I really don't like Missy, but I guess that's kind of the point, right?

Now to wait with bated breath for the Christmas special!

Enjoyed it (hope Missy is gone for good and glad Kate is alive)

Missed the twist in the opening credits though.

Hahaha, I was furious with the twist in the opening credits!

What did I say about them saving Danny from becoming a Cyberman? Never saw this storyline coming! I'm glad that worked out how it did, though, Clara got her just deserts in my opinion.

I'm undecided about it all. We've not really said goodbye to Clara, and Santa tells the Doctor that everything is not alright so I'm thinking they're going to tie everything up at Christmas.

How many times over the years have we wished the Doctor would kill the Master? Did Danny actually do it this time?

Mind you, everytime I think something, the opposite happens!

How many times over the years have we wished the Doctor would kill the Master? Did Danny actually do it this time?

I don't think it was Danny that fired that shot.... I think it was the Brigadier since the Doctor saluted him.

I don't think it was Danny that fired that shot.... I think it was the Brigadier since the Doctor saluted him.

Yes, I forgot about that, and it was something else that got me angry - to think that the Brigadier was now a Cyberman!

I mean come on, Mr. Moffat - is nothing sacred?

Such a lovely season ender, very appropriately bittersweet all through.

They killed Osgood?! Genuinely upset over that, I thought for a moment she was going to be the Doctor's next companion - and she, in my opinion, would have been a fantastic companion for a couple of episodes, just for the lampshade-hanging/genre savvy element she'd bring.

In summary? I really enjoyed this season. I enjoyed the development of the Doctor as a character, the thematic elements explored, and Capaldi himself makes a great Doctor. And as for Clara? She pulled off a great Doctor in the end.

Edited by Kestra15

Enjoyed part 2. Notice the twist in the opening credits? xd.png

Rewatched and saw the "twist". I thought it was funny smile.gif

About the twist, that is how all the series/season was scripted. Clara centered *meh*

The only thing I liked about this final episode was the anger of the Doctor to find out that there was no Gallifrey in those coordinates, but anyway acting in front of Clara "Fine, I am always fine" style.

Moiffat said he was quitting the writing. Please hurry.