Completely Different

Doctor Who

Enjoyed part 2. Notice the twist in the opening credits? xd.png

Rewatched and saw the "twist". I thought it was funny smile.gif

About the twist, that is how all the series/season was scripted. Clara centered *meh*

The only thing I liked about this final episode was the anger of the Doctor to find out that there was no Gallifrey in those coordinates, but anyway acting in front of Clara "Fine, I am always fine" style.

Moiffat said he was quitting the writing. Please hurry.

I kind of doubt Missy is dead. (They've killed off the Master loads of times before now, so, yeah) But I really hope we get to see Michelle Gomez as her again. The Master is one of the very few villains I've ever found myself rooting for, and I really liked her take on the role.

Was anyone else expecting a cyber version of victorian-era Clara to show up in the graveyard?

I'll have to look that up about Moffat quitting. I dunno, I've always had a love/hate thing for him, some of his writing is downright phenomenal (Empty child, girl in the Fireplace, Listen) but I think he's gotten a bit burned out with the show this season.

And my big theory about Clara turned out to be wrong, mostly. I was hoping she'd turn out to have been engineered, like River Song, to be the perfect companion in order for someone to gain access to something in the Doctor's timeline at Trenzalore, and that the last episode would hinge on her having unknowingly worked for Missy the entire time.

Blink was also a Steven Moffatt episode and is one of my overall favourites.

The final Doctor/Clara conversation reminded me of this:

Donna Noble: How about you, are you alright?

The Doctor: Oh, I'm always all right.

Donna Noble: Is "All right" special time-lord code for... not really all right at all?

The Doctor: Why?

Donna Noble: Because I'm alright too.

The final Doctor/Clara conversation reminded me of this:

Donna Noble: How about you, are you alright?

The Doctor: Oh, I'm always all right.

Donna Noble: Is "All right" special time-lord code for... not really all right at all?

The Doctor: Why?

Donna Noble: Because I'm alright too.

Indeed. I think it was a very nice way to end their relationship actually; through lies and trying to convince the other that everything was fine. It's kinda what friends (misguidedly) do in order to protect one another, and oneself. It's why the ending is so bittersweet for me; each leaves thinking the other is happy and has what they want, and yet the reality is both are as upset and damaged as the other by the whole experience and will probably never know the truth.

I kind of doubt Missy is dead. (They've killed off the Master loads of times before now, so, yeah) But I really hope we get to see Michelle Gomez as her again. The Master is one of the very few villains I've ever found myself rooting for, and I really liked her take on the role.

Oh agreed, she isn't. After all, one simple question: Where's her TARDIS?

Edited by Kestra15

About Missy, when she got shot by the cyberman, the blue light of the shot made me think she was being teleported.

Yes, Lagie, that was the dialogue I was thinking of.

About Moffat, he penned what might be my favourite episode ever. Silence at the Library/Forest of the Dead. He had some brilliant ones, that's why I am so mad at him for the terrible writing of late (even before this Doctor started)

About Missy, when she got shot by the cyberman, the blue light of the shot made me think she was being teleported.

This. It looked visually different to what happens to victims with the whole blue disintigration thing. Instantly guessed she was teleported away.

My opinion: A friend and I knew the Master was coming back. He/She is a Timelord so we knew he'd come back. We're still waiting for Davros to come back because apparently, it's not the first time he got killed and was revived.

I hated the way they killed Danny Pink off. I was absolutely furious. Although the twist at the end so maybe they're bringing him back? Also, I have a theory now that the Master said that he had been up and down the Doctor's time stream. Gallifrey will return to its original position once the Doctor finds it in his future so I'm guessing maybe near in the future or a long ways from now, the Doctor will find Gallifrey. I am a bit nervous though cause I read up on some of the Timelords and all of them seemed to be very crazy.

Also, did anyone like the part where the Doctor was skydiving towards his Tardis and the interface asked, "Permission to squee?"

Yes I did, Raptor smile.gif

And for a moment his way of speaking and gestures reminded me of Ten (nant) xd.png

Can I just ask if anyone would mind if we just typed normally? I know there's a risk of spoilers and such but it just seems a bit silly to me to worry about that when this is a discussion thread.

If I'm the minority, type away in white but I can't see the point.

Just MHO.

She seemed a bit too happy to be killed. Then again, she's crazy and maybe she just wanted a victory over the Doctor's soul, and didn't care about the consequences for her. I liked that it was left a bit ambiguous. This way, the Master can return at some point if someone wants to write another Master episode without needing a crazy explanation.

Can I just ask if anyone would mind if we just typed normally? I know there's a risk of spoilers and such but it just seems a bit silly to me to worry about that when this is a discussion thread.

If I'm the minority, type away in white but I can't see the point.

Just MHO.

I think we were just trying to 'protect' anyone who hadn't yet seen the episode, but since most of us seem to have done so, we really ought to be fine with regular text!

Did any of you play the whoknowswho.com game this season while the episodes were being shown?

Did anyone watch the Doctor Who extra? Near the end, Moffat admits that a supervillain doesn't die...

Whew, I FINALLY got up with Doctor Who (I got busy after The Caretaker and watched the rest of the episodes this weekend). They all seemed a bit lacking in logic to me, but still enjoyable! The finale was quite unexpected for me because I totally avoided spoilers this time.

Pssh, I didn't mean to click Submit yet. I still like Capaldi's grumpiness. >:DBut there's still too much Clara.

Edited by Dimar

Enjoyed the Christmas special (even if I was confused for much of it).

I very much enjoyed it, and surprisingly good considering how little action there actually was. Then again I do like things that test the brain a little.

Yes, must admit I enjoyed it too. Hubs said it reminded him of a Red Dwarf episode that I vaguely remember myself.

We're all dead - just dreaming...!

It reminded me of a lot of red dwarf, the psirens, the suicide squid etc... But it was a pretty good episode.

I wonder which Doctor would be the most fun in a Red Dwarf crossover. I can see 10 and 9 digging the laid back atmosphere in their own way. 2 would probably have fun, 1 would be funny to watch as he got dragged into the camaraderie kicking and screaming.

Romana and Rimmer would make quite an anti-couple; Romana pointing out her psychological evaluation of all Rimmer's neuroses while Rimmer tries hopelessly to flirt with her...

Come to think of it, it'd also be fun to watch 4 and Rimmer fight over who gets to be in charge during whatever catastrophe they encounter.

Oh, and I liked the Christmas special quite a lot. I'm surprisingly happy that Clara gets to keep traveling with the Doctor, it feels right this time instead of (might be just me) a vaguely forced/desperate choice like it did most of last season.

Edited by AlexisV

I disliked Matt Smith but he had some decent stories so I continued watching.

I love Peter Capaldi, and while Clara's far from my favourite companion, she's better with Capaldi now at the end than she was with Smith. I was still hoping she'd go, though.

My mom grew up with Doctor Who back when Tom Baker was the Doctor and it was the time that America received broadcast of the show itself. She began watching the show when Tom Baker made his first appearance as the Doctor and stopped when he left the show itself.

She got to make her own 4th Doctor scarves and a Leela cosplay and even met Tom Baker when he was a guest at a convention one time during the show's run. She didn't get his autograph-- he got hers.

I started watching Doctor Who with her with the episode where Sarah Jane makes an appearance during David Tennant's run as the Doctor, and eventually got hooked. We would watch episodes together and even watched the 50th anniversary special with her brother and his family in Las Vegas (also big Whovians as well).

So that makes us a mother-daughter Whovian duo with my uncle and his family being a group of Whovians.

My apologizes if that was too long.