Completely Different

Doctor Who

River Song back for the Christmas special? Not entirely sure how I feel about that...I think River's story was very nicely wrapped up, and gave a lovely theme of consistency through Eleven's tenure alongside his battle with the Silence. Having her back from the dead (properly dead) is making me a little...uneasy.

Probably a flashback scene. 12th Doctor did make a reference to when he got in a fight with her and went off to sulk and ended up living with otters. xd.png

Probably a flashback scene. 12th Doctor did make a reference to when he got in a fight with her and went off to sulk and ended up living with otters. xd.png

I hope that's all...but I heard something about Kingston coming back for several episodes. So I mean, unless he's suddenly having tons of flashbacks about River, it's likely that she's coming back for a while. Even if it's only limited to a couple brief scenes per episode.

I hope that's all...but I heard something about Kingston coming back for several episodes. So I mean, unless he's suddenly having tons of flashbacks about River, it's likely that she's coming back for a while. Even if it's only limited to a couple brief scenes per episode.

I thought it was only the Christmas special that she'd be in?

I wonder which Tom Baker episodes BBC America will be showing! (And I do hope they wait till I'm back in a house with a television!)

I thought it was only the Christmas special that she'd be in?

That's what I'd seen too.

Well all his meetings with her were completely non-linear anyway. I mean his first meeting with her was her last meeting with him technically.

I wonder which Tom Baker episodes BBC America will be showing! (And I do  hope they wait till I'm back in a house with a television!)

The only Tom Baker episode I could find was for 10 AM on Monday (Zygone episode). I don't know if anyone else found others (I just scrolled through the days and may have missed one when looking at the schedule).

edit: Finally so an ad showing more times - Sun 9 AM Genesis of the Dalek and then Seeds of Doom.

edit2: Also noticed a lot more Tom Baker episodes playing at 10 AM on most of the days next week - looks like I'm going to have to change my sleep cycle to watch these

Edited by rubyshoes

The only Tom Baker episode I could find was for 10 AM on Monday (Zygone episode). I don't know if anyone else found others (I just scrolled through the days and may have missed one when looking at the schedule).

edit: Finally so an ad showing more times - Sun 9 AM Genesis of the Dalek and then Seeds of Doom.

edit2: Also noticed a lot more Tom Baker episodes playing at 10 AM on most of the days next week - looks like I'm going to have to change my sleep cycle to watch these

Thanks, Ruby! (Shame that's when I'm at work...)

It's so hard to re-find links at Facebook, but the one that passed through my feed this morning says Jemma Coleman is leaving at the end of series 9.

^ Yeah, I remember seeing that headline in the news today. I love Clara, but I kinda think it's about time that she leaves. They sorta baited and switched too much in season 8. If they're gonna do that, then just let it go.

Due to the fact that I can't really afford internet AND cable, I went with internet. As a result, all my TV watching needs are done through said internet.

I found a few good sites for stuff.

I enjoyed that. smile.gif Tonight's episode, that is.

It's so good to enjoy Doctor Who again!

Looking forward to "Genesis of the Daleks" tomorrow, too! biggrin.gif

I can definitely tell that the one who directed it was the same person who directed Blink. biggrin.gif

What a spectacular season opener smile.gif Capaldi is firmly cemented now as my second-favourite Doctor (sorry Twelve, but bow ties are cool), and I have a theory or two as to how next week will pan out.

Hmm, I'm undecided, I'm kind of fed up about Moffat rewriting history.

I was very impressed by the opening episode featuring the Daleks, as we usually have to wait for a season finale for those but Skarrow? Come on - the Daleks have always been from Skelad. And it's obvious that the Doctor's going back in time (Yes, yes, I know - he's a timelord) to stop the exterminations.

When the planet was called Skarrow, I turned to hubs with a puzzled face and said "Since when has their planet been called Skarrow"? "Well, he obviously lied in the past". Sorry - not good enough.

I didn't like the term 'handmines', either I think they could have called them something else. Handmines to me sounds like a play on the word landmines, and yes, again, I know they were deadly but still I think it felt to me like landmines were being belittled in a family show.

Just this grouche's Sunday morning opinion!

On a brighter note - I did some giggling about snakeman's hoverboard!

I was very impressed by the opening episode featuring the Daleks, as we usually have to wait for a season finale for those but Skarrow? Come on - the Daleks have always been from Skelad. And it's obvious that the Doctor's going back in time (Yes, yes, I know - he's a timelord) to stop the exterminations.

When the planet was called Skarrow, I turned to hubs with a puzzled face and said "Since when has their planet been called Skarrow"? "Well, he obviously lied in the past". Sorry - not good enough.

I'm just going to casually hover into this thread~ Been watching New!Who and Classic!Who for years and well... The planet has always been called Skaro? I've seen the original eps when the Daleks were introduced and it was called Skaro then as well... So Moffat has actually not changed anything? Just saying wink.gif

Anyway, I loved the first episode! Lots of great moments (especially when Twelve played guitar, that was hilarious) Very excited to see what this season will bring us. biggrin.gif

I didn't like the term 'handmines', either I think they could have called them something else. Handmines to me sounds like a play on the word landmines, and yes, again, I know they were deadly but still I think it felt to me like landmines were being belittled in a family show.

Just this grouche's Sunday morning opinion!

On a brighter note - I did some giggling about snakeman's hoverboard!

The Kaled is the fleshy creature inside the Dalek, and Skaro has been the home world since their inception. So it may be that the confusion came about from the name of the original creatures and that the 'Kaled Dome' was the habitat in which they lived smile.gif

As for handmines, I think that's a good name for a deadly device implanted in the ground that grabs you.

I enjoyed the season opener but what I really liked was watching the "old" Tom Baker episodes Genesis of the Dalek and Seeds of Doom (on now). Baker is my all time favorite Doctor (Tennant is second).

I'm just going to casually hover into this thread~ Been watching New!Who and Classic!Who for years and well... The planet has always been called Skaro? I've seen the original eps when the Daleks were introduced and it was called Skaro then as well... So Moffat has actually not changed anything? Just saying wink.gif

Anyway, I loved the first episode! Lots of great moments (especially when Twelve played guitar, that was hilarious) Very excited to see what this season will bring us. biggrin.gif

Yeah... I actually marathon watched most of the classic Doctor Who episodes over the past few months, and the planet's always been Skaro. And also yes, Kaleds is what the Daleks USED to be when they were humanoid and stuff, as seen in the very first season of Doctor Who. The Kaleds and uh... forgot the name of the other race, were constantly at war for centuries etc. That was alluded to in this episode as well, using some of the same mechanics (bow and arrows being used alongside laser-shooting planes and such signifying a really long war)

It's pretty obvious that something happens to save Clara and probably Missy as well but it's exciting not knowing exactly what will happen. biggrin.gif Can't wait for next weekend!

Edit for spoilers I guess. >_>

Edited by zaverxi

I enjoyed that. smile.gif Tonight's episode, that is.

It's so good to enjoy Doctor Who again!

Looking forward to "Genesis of the Daleks" tomorrow, too! biggrin.gif

I did enjoy Genesis smile.gif

This morning Pyramids of Mars was on. I love watching the old Tom Baker episodes. Tomorrow is The Hand of Fear.

I also love seeing Sarah Jane as a companion.

Ah, Sarah Jane. I enjoyed all the old!who companions, but I remember that they all seemed to scream too much, [especially] when it didn't fit their characters. Long story short, I rolled my eyes a lot when some alien would pop up and the companions started screaming.

Screaming was part of the show! xd.png

I'm very disappointed that the Tom Baker episodes this week start too late in the day for me to see them (and this house can't record).

I'm very disappointed that the Tom Baker episodes this week start too late in the day for me to see them (and this house can't record).

I got lucky with watching the Tom Baker episodes. Today was "The Brain of Morbius". I've been setting my alarm to make sure I wake up to watch the episode (and then going back to sleep after it if I was still sleepy.) Tomorrow is "The Robots of Death"

Very much so. My point is that it a, hurt my ears, and b made the female companions into steriotypical damsels in distress that the Doctor then rescues all the time. I'm not against the screaming, I'm just irritated that they couldn't find a better way to make the Doctor look all great and powerful. Women shouldn't have to be portrayed as weak so the male protagonist can show off and come majestically to their rescue, signature clothing flying in the wind.