Completely Different

Doctor Who

Both Clara and Courtney get on my nerves, but I did actually liked this episode, even with the dodgy science of the brand new baby moon critter laying a moon-size egg.

It was okay. I think the doctor should count his blessings and get as far away from Clara as he can!

I still think they're making her a pain so we won't all miss her!

I haven't got to see it yet but should be able to see later this week on free on demand.

I loved this last episode and am liking this Doctor more every day.

Seeing the companion in the Doctor's shoes was interesting. She got to see what's like to be the Doctor and make all the difficult decissions and not be able to ask for another opinion.

This. I really enjoyed that episode, and I think it would appeal to fans of the original Who series because it wasn't about explosions or running around or the Doctor being a warrior; it was a moral quandry that makes us think and examine what we are. Very TOS.

Finally got to watch Kill the moon and I did enjoy it (although Clara was really annoying especially at the end)

I liked Kill the Moon, wish we'd got to see more of the moon creature though.

I think Clara had a pretty good point at the end. (Although, typical Moffat, it wasn't well explained.) I think the Doctor's choice to leave and let humanity sort out it's own problems was well intended, and the idea that he was letting humans choose their own destiny rather than deciding it for them makes sense. But the way he did it was not particularly well thought out, since he basically forced Clara to decide the fate of the moon and the entire human race by herself. That he was trying to teach her a lesson by doing this kind of makes sense, but he apparently never really considered how she'd feel about it.

That said, I think it made a good story. I like it that we sometimes get to see the Doctor screw stuff up (IMHO, yes he did a little), instead of always making the right decisions.

It wasn't written by Moffat, although I can't remember what the name was, no one I knew.

To be honest, the more I think about it, the more annoyed I become.

The Doctor always arrives in the middle of a scenario, and goes on to save everyone from the danger and sometimes from themselves.

So why didn't he want to save Earth? I would expect him to bounce in and say something like 'guys, this is happening and this is what you must do to save the world...'

He left a teacher to make a decision for a whole planet. That's not the Doctor I know.

I'm hoping Clara getting upset and leaving will be something of a wakeup call for him.

Any speculation as to what the next companion will be like, assuming Courtney doesn't stick around? (I don't watch the previews so this may be a pointless question.) I think one that's a combination of Donna, Jo, and Leela would be fun. Someone free spirited enough to keep the Doctor on his toes and sassy enough to deal with his rudeness.

True to his word, the Doctor only needed a minute with this week's monster. Another episode I quite enjoyed, and made a lovely link to last week's episode about how sometimes the only choices are bad ones.

Choice and decisions does seem to be the theme with this season, demonstrating that what makes the Doctor 'the Doctor' is that he's willing to make the difficult choices, even though he also has to live with the consequences of those choices.

My favourite line of the episode (it's also my favourite in The Poison Sky): "Are you my mummy?"

I think I might actually be liking this Doctor now that he's settling down a bit.

Finally watched and I did enjoy the episode and the Doctor. Clara was a bit less annoying in this one.

My favourite line of the episode (it's also my favourite in The Poison Sky): "Are you my mummy?"

I think I might actually be liking this Doctor now that he's settling down a bit.

Did you not like his lovely references to Tom Baker? smile.gif

"Are you my mummy?" tongue.gif lol

I was just thinking of that. It was one of my favorite lines.

Just watched it. Yes, I enjoyed it, one of the better ones.

I'd have loved Frank Skinner to join him though!

Did you not like his lovely references to Tom Baker? smile.gif

Jelly babies! biggrin.gif That was brilliant! smile.gif

Jelly babies! biggrin.gif That was brilliant! smile.gif

And the bubble wrap rolleyes.gif

I got to try jelly babies IRL just recently. It's a shame nobody sells them in the US (at least nowhere I've ever seen) because they're pretty darn tasty. Kind of like swedish fish but softer and slightly crunchy because the sugar is semi-crystallized.

Oh man, I think I figured out this season's plot twist. If my theory turns out to be true, it's gonna have some big implications for the Gallifrey story arc.

Edited by AlexisV

Just watched it and yes, it was good.

My worst nightmare - Clara ending up in the heaven or whatever they call it and being around in the background whenever...

Best gif ever.

user posted image

Edited by Kestra15

lol

that's disturbing

I haven't got to watch this weeks episode yet. I'm looking forward to it as it seems most liked it.

Finally got around to watching and now understand the gif. It was an ok episode but not one of my favorites