tyto_alba

Books That You Want To See Made Into Movies

I'd love to see some of the Artemis Fowl books turned into movies. Specielly the first 3-4 books, since they are diffinetly the best. They go a little downhill from there on if you ask me.

There is also a lot of danish books I'd love to see turned into movies. Especially the series called 'The Devils Apprentice'. I have no idea whatsoever if they actually have ever been translated into any other language, but they are great!

I'd also love to see the Bartimaeus trilogy (or quartet. I recall there is 4 books now, haven't read the latest) xd.png

I wanted "Fifty shades of grey" and it's finally happening! wub.gif

Now I'd like to see "Fallen" by Lauren Kate. It has an interesting story that I'd love to see on the screen. smile.gif

I'd love to see Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn books made into movies, as well as Patrick Rothfuss' Kingkiller Chronicles. Not the way Hollywood makes movies, mind you. I'd like a true to the book, word for word when possible movie. smile.gif

Wings of Fire. I think it'd make for a dragon Dragon movie series. ^^

Martin Millar's Kalix the Werewolf series is good, and would translate magnificently into film. So would Carrie Vaughn's Kitty Norville books...oh god, I read too many werewolf books. I need to be stopped.

Also, The Sight by David Clement-Davies would be excellent. I wrote a script for part of it for a school assignment in the 8th grade, and it flowed beautifully.

Ooh! I know a few books I'd love to see made into movies! biggrin.gif Not that any of them will ever happen but hey, a girl can dream! wink.gif

-Luck in the Shadows and Stalking Darkness by Lynn Flewelling. <3

-The Sword of Shannara by Terry Brooks.

-Shadow's Son, Lure, and Master by Jon Sprunk.

-Prince of Thorns by Mark Lawrence.

-And the next two Maze Runner books by James Dashner! xd.png

the Nightrunner Series and Tamir Triad by Lynn Flewelling (it nearly happened with the Nightrunner Series)

I would love for Eragon to be redone and follow the story right, so the rest of the books can be done as well

Vampire Hunter D, any of the novels as long as its done right not like the Anime Movies, D would never be tempted to bite some female

1. Fablehaven

2. Rangers apprentice

3. The Martian

4. The secret history novels

I just hope they dont mess up the martian

The Wool Series, I think it would make a great mini series. Maybe not a movie because it is so blasted long. But I see it being a beautiful show.

Also Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn or Stormlight Archive series, although he packs so much plot into those books it would probably be really difficult to make a movie adaptation that wasn't forced to leave stuff out.

Another vote for Mistborn from me. The action sequences would be absolutely amazing, though I could see a lot of the details and conversations cut out just to fit the time limit.

I don't know if I'll ever be able to really condone the adaptation of a book into a movie.

Don't get me wrong, there have been breathtaking movies based on books. But these are the minority, few in number compared to the atrocities out there.

Part of it's just not wanting my favorite franchises to be "tainted" by bad movies. There are some movies that add great levels of depth to the books, but I'm too afraid of a movie making a laughingstock out of something I love to actually want a movie version of my favorite books.

A Scary Scene in a Scary Movie by Matt Blackstone could be utterly fantastic in movie form, but that greatness is much harder for me to picture than pathetic story about some emo teenager with cute obsessive tendencies.

I'm not sure. I LOVED the Coldfire Trilogy by C.S. Friedman and I think it could be a great story for a movie. But I also fear that the movie could be not as good as I would expected it to be, or that it could "ruin" the books by choosing the wrong actors or not catching some details.

I'd love to see the Myst books made into a series. The games were great, and the books added a wonderful depth and some great background. They really made the characters pop and gave you an idea as to their motivations, etc.

The Dark Tower series has been "it's going to be a movie!" and "it's going to be a series on HBO!" and "no, no movies plans right now". It's such an excellent series but I'm really nervous that they're going to royally screw it up by attempting to stuff too much in one film, or taking out vital info and glossing over pivotal points.

Where's my movie for the "Gone" series? It's the Young Adult fantasy/dystopia story that totally got overlooked.

The Leviathan series could make an interesting trilogy (Leviathan, Behemoth, Goliath). Modern CG could make the lots of very big things look very cool, and with the right actors the character interactions could work out as well on screen as they did in the books.

Necroscope by Brian Lumley

The assassin series by Brent Weeks

The Cleric Quintet by R.A. Salvatore

The New Jedi Order

Gotrek and Felix...Who doesn't like warhammer afterall?

There are probably many others if I take the time to look through all my books.

I know people have said Dragonriders of Pern becoming movies, but what about McCaffrey's other series?

Brainships

Crystal Singers

Petaybee

Doona

Talents

Freedom

So many other awesome series she wrote, not just the Pern ones, although that'd be great too so long as they don't make the dragons as ugly as that one aborted attempt to make the first book into a movie like...20 years ago.

And Warner Brothers had purchased the rights to make a movie so it might happen. A quick google shows 2014 being when they bought the rights to all the Pern books, so things got serious.

I'd like to see Doona made into a book, and the Necroscope series by Brian Lumley. I have the first 13 books of his series, and have read them 7 times so far. I love his take on Vampires! It makes them seem more... probable as a symbiote than a fantasy critter.

Oh my gosh, I can't believe it! Glen Hetrick is making the Necroscope movie!: http://moviepilot.com/posts/1318379

Magyk anyone? Septimus heap? They are going to make a movie, Angie Sage is helping make it, but it's been on the shelf for a little bit. Ugh!!! I really really REALLY want it to come out! I grew up with those books and I say it's better then Harry potter! (Die hards, don't yell at me, I have Fluffy and I will wake him! I'm a die hard too.))