wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

Oh good grief. I can't believe I've gone this long before realising that this has a blue-winged 2G. And I've been wasting a perfectly good slot on it all this time. Dammit. :|

I only caught 1 Mutamore this year because...I was a silly little newbie who thought catching past year's eggs was more important :/ Still very angry at myself for this one!

Accepting a trade offer quickly because a) it was the right two dragons and cool.gif I had specifically stated what I wanted and said 'no other offers' only to discover on looking at it more closely that the pairing was the wrong way round from what I had specified and needed.

It's entirely my own fault; I'm not putting any blame at all on the other person. It was up to me to check properly and I didn't.

The irony is I always check carefully; always because I'm like that; it's what I do. Yet this time I didn't. So yes, very, very stupid.

I am really bad with egg descriptions, especially when it comes to more common dragons. I am also very lazy, too lazy to check Wiki, it seems.

Really need a cb Royal Crimson, I was hoping it wouldn't be too difficult, got all excited and grabbed a Brute egg. It wasn't a misclick, I was sure it was the correct one. Welp. Now I know.

(Still don't know Royals description though tongue.gif)

I am really bad with egg descriptions, especially when it comes to more common dragons. I am also very lazy, too lazy to check Wiki, it seems.

Really need a cb Royal Crimson, I was hoping it wouldn't be too difficult, got all excited and grabbed a Brute egg. It wasn't a misclick, I was sure it was the correct one. Welp. Now I know.

(Still don't know Royals description though tongue.gif)

Try in the Volcano instead of Alpine wink.gif You can just look for the word "crimson" there - it's the only dragon with that word in its description.

Forgot to remove a holiday mate I now have from my Holiday Mates wishlist, and ended up accepting one with the same lineage in a trade without checking what it was. sleep.gif

Stared at "This egg gives off a beautiful glow." for 5 seconds, switched to another habitat, realized my stupidity, and quickly switched back. Luckily I was able to pick it up! My first Very Rare on DC laugh.gif

Grabbing yet another Golden Wyvern from the AP due to impulse, and realizing after I clicked that there was a Gold right next to it. Still haven't managed to catch any Golds.

I do not take a single screenshot of my house from this year's Holiday event.

I do not take a single screenshot of my house from this year's Holiday event.

tj said we're gonna have viewable houses later on so no need to worry about screenshots smile.gif

Myself:

-Forgot what time the event was closing so I couldn't do my last house arranging. Slept through it.

-Then good luck: I had left a tab with Festive Expeditions open, and I was still able to play for a while past the official close date. unsure.gif I made a house I was very pleased with, and was looking forward to sharing the screenshot.

-Then bad luck returned: the page froze and I was unable to get it working again. So, none of what I so proudly did was saved. That felt worse than just having missed it.

My friend:

-Fogged her Snow hatchies in case she saw a code trade she wanted to swap for. Got busy with family stuff for a few days. She just came back and found two little tombstones instead of her Christmas release because she forgot they were left fogged.

She is devastated. I wish so much I could do something to make it better, but I can't. sad.gif

Just noticed that this one: https://dragcave.net/lineage/EV6Z2 turned female.

Thought I had my very first influence fail or something.

Then I saw in my Action Log that I actually had influenced the egg with a female Pink.

Just noticed that this one: https://dragcave.net/lineage/EV6Z2 turned female.

Thought I had my very first influence fail or something.

Then I saw in my Action Log that I actually had influenced the egg with a female Pink.

You can still make a spiral with it at least!

So, I feel really, really stupid right now. I JUST realized that Silvers have horns. I always thought they were floppy bunny ears. I have thought this for almost a decade. I am so stupid.

Picked up multiple Ember eggs thinking there were Magmas xd.png

I loathe being egg/hatchie locked, yet I keep putting myself in that situation. It drives me up the wall knowing I can't browse the AP/Cave. rolleyes.gif

I loathe being egg/hatchie locked, yet I keep putting myself in that situation. It drives me up the wall knowing I can't browse the AP/Cave. rolleyes.gif

^ This exactly...

I really really "need" to catch something rare very soon (for trade-related reasons), so I kept refreshing the cave, but then I couldn't resist an almost perfect code... and now I'm locked again.

Folks, get ready to cringe more than you've ever cringed before because BOY do I have a story to tell you all.

Years ago, I was a wee noob exploring the website on my first day. Not knowing what anything was, I clicked on any eggs that had neat descriptions. I misclicked on one that actually turned out to be a blusang egg but, unfortunately for me, I had not the slightest clue what I had just laid my hands upon. It even had a marvelous code, too, though I can't recall what it was. Anyways - There was another egg in the forest that had a "cooler" description, and I desperately looked for a way to get rid of the blusang after learning that I couldn't grab the new one. And, well... (deep breaths, deep breaths).

Because it wouldn't allow me to abandon it so soon, I killed the egg. The blusang egg.

The first dragon I ever grabbed, a CB blusang with a great code - killed from my impatience to grab an egg that wasn't worth anything.

what a great way to start life on DC.

Edited by Purpzie

Forgot I wanted to breed my zombie folder before killing them. Oops >->

Just bred an egg for a trade, but I forgot to check if I had room.

It auto abandoned. Didn't matter, because it was related to their dragon.

Also, I waited too long on 2 olives, and they grew up before I could send them off.

Do you need it for yourself? I could breed you a replacement Silver from the same pairing. ^^

Omg, it would be wonderful! Yes, I wanted to keep this one, as I have a nice mate for him wub.gif