wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

I've been trying to freeze hatchlings lately. Doing this during school is a terrible idea, because I'll forget to check the progress of my hatchlings, and several of them have wound up becoming adults while I wasn't paying attention. I don't do more than one of each sprite, so there've been quite a few unwanted releases...and maybe some failed zombies. DX

So I'm visiting relatives and I guess my brain went on standby because I traded a CB red gemshard for what I thought was a CB female blue gemshard buttt turned out to be a CB female blue fire gem. 8);; I thought that worked out a little too well to be true.

No wonder I thought it looked weird, ha.

I had the worst scary moment right now. I have two upside down mints, a breeding pair. I had bred an offspring from them to zombify which keeps dodging blade. Today I was going to try again, and I don't know in what dazed stupor I attempted kill on the original upside down mint instead of its offspring!!! OH MY GOD I am so glad it dodged attack and lived!!! I would have cried if it died, it took me so much effort to get one in trade. I think it would be so great if the first kill attempt was always a dodge, I have heard some pretty sad stories of precious dragons dying by mistake in this thread.

But they look the same o: same pose and everything, just made in a better quality.

Except the hatchlings but the adults are the same just more popped out instead of flat

I think the female looks kinda different with that extra shiny coat, but yeah pose wise not much different.

Edited by Amaterasu-sama

So I'm visiting relatives and I guess my brain went on standby because I traded a CB red gemshard for what I thought was a CB female blue gemshard buttt turned out to be a CB female blue fire gem. 8);; I thought that worked out a little too well to be true.

No wonder I thought it looked weird, ha.

OMG I offered that blue Fire Gem hatchy I though you were looking for one, I misread and you missaw ~ double fail... sad.gif When I get a CB female Blue Gemshard I will send it to you!

Today I did the most stupid thing ever. I bred Stark with White Zyumorph, but totally forgot I was egg locked. Of course they prodused Shimmer http://dragcave.net/lineage/0ETIy from the first try... xd.pngxd.pngxd.png

I think you can forget about getting it back, as it's already very sick sad.gif

oh no sad.gif

If it survives I'll look out for it in the AP... Hopefully it will be okay... Maybe you should delete the link so it doesn't get any more views.

I just released the parent of a lineage, rather then the surplus offspring.

Time to start over again. dry.gif

It's dead! D: That really sucks. sad.gif

It's dead! D: That really sucks. sad.gif

Apparently it wasn't meant to be... May be next time.

OMG I offered that blue Fire Gem hatchy I though you were looking for one, I misread and you missaw ~ double fail...  sad.gif  When I get a CB female Blue Gemshard I will send it to you!

I just sent her one smile.gif

I just stupidly collected a CB Thunder instead of the Power thingy next to it rolleyes.gif

Edited by Ruby Eyes

I hid my scroll a few days ago and forgot about it. This morning I opened it and freaked out when I saw the "you can't seem to find the scroll you're looking for" message. I thought my scroll had been burned and was almost ready to PM TJ out of confusion xd.png

A burnt scroll yields another message though ("You pick up the scroll labeled "{namehere}," only to find that it is charred and impossible to read.")

A burnt scroll yields another message though ("You pick up the scroll labeled "{namehere}," only to find that it is charred and impossible to read.")

I didn't really think about it. I went from confused to worried to confused again in about five seconds. Now I know for next time!

Not playing for 6 or 7 years was my biggest mistake. I can only imagine the number of dragons I could've collected, and lineages I could have made.

Picking up a pygmy egg thinking it's a chicken egg. I know better now.

Also, hesitating on rares. Missed a Blusang that way, and it was the first one of the species I'd ever seen in the cave. I wouldn't know what to do with myself if that had been a Silver or Gold.

Edited by Wintermute

Twice in two days I've traded for an egg only to realize later that it wasn't cb.

I just found an egg I can breed a mate for.

Forgot to check my stocks of both breeds to make sure I didn't already have a 2G of the pairing in question. Accidentally bred an egg that's related to a dragon I already have.

Just stumbled across this thread. It's great for a newbie like me to read through, to hopefully learn from all your oops and not do exactly the same thing!

Too many times have I been flicking too quickly through the biomes and missed silver and gold eggs :\

The most stupid thing I've done on dc: taking a break and having to catch up on so many new releases!

That's not that stupid, but I didn't realize I had to actively enter the raffle xd.png Now I've missed last month, but I could already enter the one this month^^

A xeno egg of mine got sick and I ended up freezing it rather than hiding it and I didn't even realize until I wondered why it wasn't sorting with the other hatchlings. *dramatic wailing* Perfectly paired, influenced and confirmed, and I screw up in its last couple hours! Got a replacement more easily than expected, though (yellows are darned hard and they were the only ones I was missing for a long time, I guess not all xenos are as hard, hallelujah xd.png), it just stings anyways because I ruined a perfect batch and didn't even want a permababy, much less CB.

Also didn't realize raffles required pressing a button, I thought it was automatic; thanks for the heads up!

Edited by FRiv