XLaurentX

Zombies

There is a Zombie thread? Really? xd.png

You guys made my day. *^-^*

No, I have no plan in case of a Zombie flashmob. Maybe screaming? Yeah screaming is good.

Then to the discussion, whether it is likely that so many corpses manage to rise again and infect others.. Well if the "infection" only goes for human bodies.. we are safe enough. If the infection should also transform animals we are doomed. xd.png You can fight a nice big human but can you kill off insects quickly enough before they bite you? haha oh that would be bad

My friend has ferrets and I don't know why but everyone I sit with at lunch calls them The Zombie Ferrets. We were over her house once and one bit her, so make sure to get your guns, the signs of infection are showing xd.png

True. But really, killing people could be easier.

You would have to engineer some serious mind control virus that somehow kills someone AND THEN animates their corpse? Or simply controls their mind, which is much more feasible but then they die quicker.

I agree, an outbreak of traditional zombies would be stopped quite easily for those exact reasons there and others you've brought up.

But of the more modern zombies, some wouldn't even be considered dead. Infected would be a accurate term. Of the kind that 'die quicker' I suppose. Like 28 days later. However, they don't have to live for a long time, only long enough to infect others. They would lack staying power, but would have to be contained faster to stop them from spreading.

If enough people got infected before local authorities responded, then further before the CDC could make an effective quarantine zone to buffer the spread. Or if they had an incubation period before the mind control, but was asymptomatic, and transferred sexually(and via direct fluid contact like blood transfers) it could spread well beyond the 'danger zone' and no one would even suspect.

I guess there isn't much point in deciding if a full invasion is possible with something like this. Too many variables. Too fantastic.

In a zombie invasion,

Break into a gun store,

take guns and bullets

Check dragons,

put all eggs in click sites

Get food, water and a fridge

run into an underground shelter

Pray they have internet

That's odd, right after I left this thread a commercial for the movie"I am Legend" came on. No infected peopls, don't eat Will Smith, take Bieber or Lindsey Lohan instead!

xd.png I actually have a sign on my door that says: Warning, Zombies inside. Enter at your own risk. I have an odd obsession with zombies, actually. My friends fail to understand it.

My kid is hooked on zombies. Shes also hooked on "what would you do?" type questions.

"discussing with my 4 year old the proper way to kill a zombie. She just loves asking hypothetical questions."-husband's twitter post.

The best thing ever was "Survive Johnson City", a city-wide game of zombie tag that drew a crowd of a few thousand people. Pretty legit premise, bad location. A train ran right through downtown as well... couple people almost got hit xd.png

~Please use the edit button near the top of all your posts instead of double posting to up your post count~

Zombies are creepy.

I was thinking, Hmm, there is no Zombie thread so what the heck!

If a zombie invasion came I would die last... I promise you.

And to motivate you:

user posted image

Discuss

Nah I would I know the perfect place to go lol

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

It is possible for Zombies to rise. There is already a disease that broke out years ago that actually zombie-lizes insects. If a disease like that ever rose in humans, we would all die because it would most likely be air-borne. If not, we might have a chance.

Frankly, I don't see how people could be scared of zombies.

1. They walk slowly

2. They can't operate machinery

3. You can operate machinery

4. You can walk to your car and run them over.

Really, you would have to be really stupid or really unlucky to get infected, so they would all die pretty quickly. Easy as that.

Well, I agree with Stromboli:

Well. You have to sleep and eat regularly. They don't.

There are way more of them than there are of you.

What happens if your car gets stuck, or broken? Horde of zombies surrounds you and beats the thing in.

Also, you're facing the psychological trauma of the apocalypse, and either wondering if your friends and family are dead, or having watched some of them die.

And not all zombies fallow the slow-shambley archetype.

Not to mention about other needs of the body. A survivor wouldn't eat food and drink water enough, they'd have to use more of your energy than they have, and with their stress, emotional/mind messed up, their overall health would probably be messed up too. No shower, no bath, and probably no new, clean clothes for months.

I think people actually would barely want to eat either, as all they see is blood, corpses, rotten things, fear, scared people, sick people, damaged things and horrible, horrible smells everywhere. Some would even think the food is infected or something like that, in other words a good moment to "enhance phobias".

They'd have to be cold-blooded in many ways. Also they'd have to deal with people they don't even know, whom could either help you (help each other) or trick you into becoming their decoy/shield against the zombies.

Even though the zombie is stupid, slow, clumsy - it is still terribly ugly and foul smelling, that would make anyone throw up xd.png

If a survivor has a pet animal -- they can say goodbye to the poor animal, which also is very sad. :/

----

Not every survivor has skills, is athletic, can run for a long time and/or has nice weapons to use against the zombies (well, actually many everyday things can be used as weapons, but they won't last long or be very effective?).

For real, you never know how the virus can be transmitted, how you can effectively kill them and so on. Things can be a little different. So you'd not be sure if that "camouflage" style would work either (if you've played/watched all The Walking Dead video games, remember when Lee finds out that if you smell, look (?) and walk like the zombies, they won't attack you).

Yeah, a gun/rifle would be pretty effective against zombies but its noise would only attract more of them -- and the ammo would run out eventually (wow, I sound like a really pessimist person in this post!) so I guess a crowbar or other melee weapons would be the best choice, and would be useful not only to kill zombies (even though you'd have to deal with a bloody, foul smelling weapon all the time).

I know about the article on Cracked.com about how a zombie apocalypse would fail xd.png and I agree with it!

Thank God a zombie apocalypse will never happen -- at least I don't believe in the possibility at all, and I'm not alone. A zombie apocalypse would really suck!

Edited by Slytherin7

Okay, I'm so sorry for the bump, but I have been a fan of zombies for a while. And I remember going on an old website of mine, and I found this epic post that is relevant.

It is a long one though so...

Depends on how I found out. Lets assume one breaks into my house and I'm lucky enough to kill it through use of the baseball bat in my room. My parents are safely out of the country on one of their usual recreational trips so it is my duty to survive. I'll assume it's 6 o' clock, daylight savings time.

Step one would be to lock up my house, get my dogs (should they be alive) inside, and close the blinds so the Zombies are unable to see in. I take a fast, ice-cold shower in my small bathroom. This serves two purposes: the cold water will shock me awake if I'm fatigued and make my skin sensitive to movements in the air, and it eliminates my scent for the time being. Afterwards I get dressed in long pants with black socks, running shoes, and a leather belt which I can use as a weapon if it comes down to it. I would wear a bright shirt and top that off with my long raincoat for extra arm and torso protection as well as more pocket space. The outfit would be finished off with my Vietnam era U.S. Army helmet for head protection. Outfit doesn't match, but I don't care. Zombies.

Cautiously sweep my garage and close the door to the outside. Once this is complete (If I am still alive at this point) I would grab all the food I can manage to fit into my pockets, grab an apple and eat it to tide me over and provide a boost to energy, and grab my shovel. The bat is at that point dropped. I would also grab a pair of gardening gloves

REASONS FOR THE SHOVEL:

-Long reach, much like a midevil period Polearm. Much longer than the bat, and much longer than any of the kitchen utensils in my house such as knives.

-multi role blade allows me to thrust, bash, and slash a zombie as I so choose. The mass of the weapon ensures great inertia.

-In addition to its use as a weapon, I can use it as a tool to bash open windows, pry open locked doors, move earth, or any number of things I could not do with a knife or sword.

After retrieving supplies from my garage I get back in the house and lock the door. I put the dogs on leashes, call my friend since Kindergarten; Morgan. If no one answers, I weep, take off the leashes, and continue fortifying the house. I use the phone to call everyone on the contact list to try and get help. If that fails, I try to use the internet. If that fails, it's Phelps' last stand, baby.

But if he does pick up, thank the lord, we will negotiate a plan. This will likely involve me leaving the relative safety of the house and making my way up Gramercy Pl. for two blocks until I get to his house. This trip would be less than a quarter kilometer and I would not be exposed for very long. I give my dogs treats, stuff all I can in whatever pocket space I have left, and depart into the world with my shovel, my make-shift armor, and my Dogs whom I love as if they were human beings.

It's starting to get dark at this point, so I have to hurry. I did not save room for a flashlight because I'm stupid, and even if I did the light would not serve as much help. Hopefully I cover the distance to Morgan's house before actual nightfall, which I don't doubt for a second. But then it occurs to me; the smaller and much older of my two dogs, Jordan, is fiercely loyal to me and will fanatically attack a zombie that comes for us. No matter how the fight goes, it will end in him being infected since the ideal attack for a dog is to bite. It also occurs to me that my selection of weapon is not ideal for one-handed combat.

I get the keys to the car, and I go get the Maglight flashlight in my dad's room. I would prefer not to use it since some maniacs may be on the street, but I have no other option. Dogs go in the back seat, windows remain rolled up. I must check on my next door neighbor who is a sweet old lady. This begins my first field-op:

For this mission, I have both of my hands free to use the shovel in whatever way I need to If I come across a zombie, he will be coming after an opponent fully covered with only his face exposed. The thick raincoat is bite resistant and made of tough material. I have a full range of motion with the shovel. My battle strategy is to use the range of the shovel to keep the zombie back then use long, sweeping strikes with the blade to incapacitate and neutralize him. If he gets inside the shovels range, I am an accomplished purple belt in Karate. Not a black belt to be sure,but I can deliver a thrusting kick with little difficulty that would knock someone on their butts. Alternatively I can use the butt of the shovel to smack the Zombie's head and hopefully reset the status quo in my favor.

If the neighbor is dead, I leave. If she is alive, I instruct her to get ready to leave to a safe-house. She needs to drop whats in her purse or bag and fill it with foodstuffs.I offer her protection while she does this and for the trip back to the car. She gets stuffed in the passenger seat My dog, Sasha, will be overly friendly but I don't care and neither will she. An overly friendly dog is better than being zombie food. Assuming I can get to my destination in relative peace, it's less than a 20 second drive to my friends house.

I'm likely to pick up a few zombies on the way, especially a dog that some dumb idiot who lives behind me likes to let sit out in his front yard without a leash. This is where things are going to get complicated. I pull up to my Friend's house, hopefully having left the zombies behind far enough to give us some time to get out of the car. I slam the horn twice, open the door, get my weapon ready. Morgan and his father, both honorable men, will be out in no-time undoubtedly with their own armor and weaponry. If there is time, we get my Neighbor and the dogs in the house. If not, it's a fight. The zombie dog is the most worrying for obvious reasons. Lucky my friend owns a magnum pistol with adequate stopping power. Humanoid zombies out in the open are simple enough. My friend is likely to have a two-handed sledge hammer. It doesn't have nearly the range of my shovel, but it IS somewhat ranged the kinetic force would be enough to easily crush bone. It has more contact area so Morgan would be able to use it in a thrusting action to push the zombie to the ground before delivering an over-head strike to drive the heavy head of the sledge through the ribcage of the offending zombie. My tactics remain the same.

We evacuate the dogs and old lady into the house. We add our pillaged food to the food stored by my friends family. This residential structure is much more defensible than mine. We move heavy furniture over the entrances after putting the house on lockdown.

Assuming that all goes well, the list of personnel a the end of the day goes like this:

3 males fit to carry weapons.

2 females fit to carry weapons.

1 elderly female.

miscellaneous pets.

Dogs are used as alarms in case anything tries to get in. Men are armed with weapons. T.V. is kept on for as long as there is news. When night comes, Men carry first watch. Day one over, hopefully no casualties.

What? How did I get a survival rank of Z+, I can't run, I can't ride and I can't shoot. xd.png And I came here expecting Zombie Dragons...

I never really understood the zombie craze. They don't really interest me that much.

They've gotten so cookiecutter and generic that they are insanely boring now.

mfw people say actual traditional zombies are possible. The only way something like that could happen is if it was like some crazy rabieslike thing. Dead stuff can't move around on its own, for a million biological reasons.

Or human cordyceps. Human cordyceps would be horrifying and would obliterate most of the human population pretty quickly.

The only way something like that could happen is if it was like some crazy rabieslike thing.

I think rabies is probably where the original idea for zombies came from.

I am personally terrified of the idea of zombies, mainly for moral reasons.

I think rabies is probably where the original idea for zombies came from.

Maybe indirectly, if rabies led to ideas of witchcraft. The "original" zombies were corpses re-animated by voodoo priests (or rather, people who were given a drug that made them believe they were undead and under the voodoo priest's command).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zombie

Edited by dustpuppy

I really don't like zombies. Mainly because they look scary and they eat people. I would prefer being eaten by a T-rex than a zombie because the T-rex could swallow you whole so it's a quick death.

I really don't like zombies. Mainly because they look scary and they eat people. I would prefer being eaten by a T-rex than a zombie because the T-rex could swallow you whole so it's a quick death.

You probably wouldn't die instantly either way.

You probably wouldn't die instantly either way.

Well the T-rex has a big mouth and I'm quite small for my age let alone I'm still a child so I would guess that I would be eaten quicker and so I wouldn't have to bear as much pain.

Physical - B

Mental - B

Experience - C

Emotional - F

Overall - Z+

Yeah baby...

Well the T-rex has a big mouth and I'm quite small for my age let alone I'm still a child so I would guess that I would be eaten quicker and so I wouldn't have to bear as much pain.

Being swallowed by T-Rex might be quite ... incomfortable... Imagine yourself, being still alive and choking, while moving down the pipe to a stomach, full of acid... laugh.gif