dark_kitsune

Zombie Success stories

Not a successful zombie turn, but a success concerning a revived vampire from Halloween 2014: Back then I forgot to write down or mark the dragons that were successfully revived without turning into zombies. Thanks to the action log change, I could find out now and rename this guy, to make sure I don't use him for zombie fodder again (since dragons that have been revived can't be revived again if killed).

@Katiee: Zombies can't be traded, hatchies are auto-frozen the moment they become undead. But zombie hatchies do show as tombstones during the day, that's right smile.gif

I hope someone is compiling the odd breeds and where they end up based on existing zombies. The ones that perfectly meet the classic body plans, like westerns and wyverns are easy, but I was surprised when I heard that dorsals are going for wingless western (I was planning on killing a lot of mints, since those are the only really common one I was sure was going to be wingless western). Like, where do skywings go? Amphiptere, eastern, sea serpent, somewhere else???

I was apparently really boring with my old kills, all my adults are the standard winged quadruped, and I only have one hatchling that's something else.

I hope someone is compiling the odd breeds and where they end up based on existing zombies. The ones that perfectly meet the classic body plans, like westerns and wyverns are easy, but I was surprised when I heard that dorsals are going for wingless western (I was planning on killing a lot of mints, since those are the only really common one I was sure was going to be wingless western). Like, where do skywings go? Amphiptere, eastern, sea serpent, somewhere else???

I was apparently really boring with my old kills, all my adults are the standard winged quadruped, and I only have one hatchling that's something else.

The amphiptere example was from a zombified skywing.

I personally don't think it'll be that hard to figure out what subspecies each dragon is closest to.

Dorsals have (non-water) fins, not wings. Makes sense that they wouldn't turn into a winged western.

I don't have a zombie yet, but I would like to say that the encyclopedia is updated with what subspecies of dragon some species are.

No word on 2-headed lindwyrms though.

Also because of that, I think any zombies from coppers are going to show the typical 4 limbs+2 wings western since...

user posted image

Aww, still not a sea dragon. D:

Theory/hope spot: the encyclopedia calls red-finned tidals and blusang lindwurms "Dragon". So if TJ isn't sure or the breed doesn't fit in a category or TJ's still working on it, maybe the western sprite is used so something's there. Same reason why all zombie types show the western when in lineage view, 'cause kinks being ironed out.

Although two-finned blunas say "Western" so maybe not. I suppose they're legless westerns. And um, harvests are Wingless because they... can't actually fly?

Edited by dirtytabs

I wonder what this hatchie is. I don't remember the breed. It has two pairs of limbs... maybe Eastern?

Edited by natli

I wonder what this hatchie is. I don't remember the breed. It has two pairs of limbs... maybe Eastern?

Maybe the s1 wyvern hatchie? It looks like a pair of legs and starter wings to me. That would be a big pose change, though, which the other hatchies don't have, so maybe it's just me mis-seeing!

Someone else reminded me that if you have the time/patience, you can temp sort by breed and go searching for the hatchie (just do a find for its name on every page - you could narrow it down by starting with the pages with the breed types you suspect) to find its original breed.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I'd say it's maybe a Wyvern from the look of it? Since it seems to have wings and back legs.

EDIT: Looks like Sock beat me.

Edited by ~Magpie~

Someone else reminded me that if you have the time/patience, you can temp sort by breed and go searching for the hatchie (just do a find for its name on every page - you could narrow it down by starting with the pages with the breed types you suspect) to find its original breed.

I have Custom Sort on all the breeds, I would lose it then.

I have Custom Sort on all the breeds, I would lose it then.

Top right of your scroll: user posted image

Temp sorts.

You can also choose a breed sort while NOT in custom sort and save - all you have to do to get custom sort back is go to custom sort and re-save.

Or you can choose an auto-sort while in custom sort and NOT save.

But I know a lot of people don't like the possibility of accidentally saving the wrong sort or losing stuff these ways.

Thank you for the info! smile.gif

And it appears to be a.... Skywing. Huh.

edit: Just checked - Skywing hatchies are born with legs, which turn into fins.

An S1 wyvern sprite looks like this and is apparently a Speckle-Throat, which doesn't make sense since they have 3 pairs of limbs. A mistake?

I ran a check on the rest of my zombies. Here are the results:

Winged Western: Anagallis, Blue-Banded, Brimstone, Daydream, Storm, Guardian, Nocturne, Olive, Ridgewing, Soulpeace, Tangar, Undine, Whiptail

Wingless Western: Dorsal, Waterhorse

Wyvern: Coastal Waverunner, Speckle-Throat, Falconiform

Also, zombie Pygmies and Duo-Tones use the Winged Western sprite, but that must be temporary.

Edited by natli

I never loved zombies so much in my life!! xd.png

Ditto! I'm excited for next Halloween. Although I'd love an upped kill limit, 'cause its gonna take forever to get one (or even two!) of each xd.png.

I also hope TJ updates the encyclopedia entry for zombies soon. It'd be great to unlock the different sprites.

An S1 wyvern sprite looks like this and is apparently a Speckle-Throat, which doesn't make sense since they have 3 pairs of limbs. A mistake?

They are called wyverns in the Encyclopedia

user posted image

so that's probably why.

user posted image

Updated the image.

Who knows... maybe amphiptere zombies might have legs when being s1... But it can always be moved if such is not the case.

Or if it is case of some types having more than one sprite...?

Edited by Moonlightelf

@dirtytabs

The Encyclopedia might be the key. I just checked, and Tidals are simply 'Dragons', Skywings are 'Amphipteres', Waters are 'Sea serpents'.

edit: A strange thing just occured to me, if Blusangs are 'Dragons', and Two-headed Lindwurms are 'Two-headed' in the Wiki... then what if the Lindwurm sprite doesn't exist on Dragcave yet? o.o

Edited by natli

Theory/hope spot: the encyclopedia calls red-finned tidals and blusang lindwurms "Dragon". So if TJ isn't sure or the breed doesn't fit in a category or TJ's still working on it, maybe the western sprite is used so something's there. Same reason why all zombie types show the western when in lineage view, 'cause kinks being ironed out.

Although two-finned blunas say "Western" so maybe not. I suppose they're legless westerns. And um, harvests are Wingless because they... can't actually fly?

I think there may have been an auto-set on the bulk amount of dragons. Copper and blunas are now updated on their type (although I expected sea serpent for blunas not amphipteres).

user posted image

Updated the image.

Who knows... maybe amphiptere zombies might have legs when being s1... But it can always be moved if such is not the case.

Or if it is case of some types having more than one sprite...?

I need to get one of each....October will be Cull time ^V^

Thank you for the info! smile.gif

And it appears to be a.... Skywing. Huh.

Well, whaddya know? =o

Little guy is cute. o3o

~

Was checking scrolls, and I found the s2 amphip! Came from skywing x shimmer.

user posted image

Also, this is already on the image, but I think the wikia is missing the s1 water, so here's the image so someone who can edit can upload it: user posted image

I found this hatchling. I think it's an Eastern.

The hatchlings are so ugly-cute.

user posted image

I'm sort of baffled as to why the amphiptere hatchlings have legs. >..>

I'm sort of baffled as to why the amphiptere hatchlings have legs. >..>

Probably because some of the s1 amphitere hatchies do have legs; skywing for example wink.gif

*looks at wiki* Hrm. If the entire category is just skywings and sunsongs, one has to not make sense either way. Oh well.

Does anyone have a zombie that was previously a drake?

If you mean DC Drake, one might have one, but the custom sprite for that breeding group comes later like the first post in announcement mentioned.

If meaning the Traditional Drake, then the picture in my previous post in thread showcases it beside the Western Dragon variant.