Order of odd fish

The outsiders

And many more..

I have so many books I love

Pride & Prejudice

Jane Austen

Eragon and Twilight series

Harry Potter series

- Angela & Dialbola (it's a childhood favorite of mine)

- Frankenstein

- The Time Machine

- The Bell Jar

- Girl, Interrupted

- Spot the Dog series (another childhood favorite smile.gif )

- Anything written by Robert Frost

- Fullmetal Alchemist series (not sure if that counts- just wanted to include it)

- Gathering Blue

- The Rime of the Ancient Mariner

- A list of other works that goes on and on. tongue.gif

~Harry Potter series

~Beautiful Creatures (first book of the Beautiful series)

~The Outsiders

~The Host

~Anything written by Robert Frost, Emily Dickinson, & other poets

~Graphic books: Ultra Maniac Series, Tokyo Mew Mew series, etc.

~As well as a long list of other books

(I'm going to read Pride & Prejudice, Sense & Sensibility, & Jane Eyre during this summer, so they might become one of my favorites as well)

So, a semi-complete list of my favorite books/stories/whatever, as well as authors (sometimes it's impossible to choose xd.png). The first chunk had a lot of impact on me, so expect some gushing xd.png

Ray Bradbury- it helps my introduction to his writing was through 'Zen in the Art of Writing', it actually helped kick me back into writing. I loved The Small Assassin, The Dinosaur, but my favorite story of his has to be 'There Will Come Soft Rains.'

Issac Asimov (funny story, it wasn't until I was 16 that I started reading his works, but- flawed as it was- I absolutely adored the Bicentennial Man movie when I was little xd.png)- I've had little access to most of his novels, the only ones I have are I, Robot and The Caves of Steel. The man had an amazing ability for characterization, every story just seems to come to life in the most wonderful way. I've also got the Robot Dreams story/essay collection, and borrowed a couple others from the library. Caves of Steel is an excellent novel, and of the short stories, I just can't choose xd.png Feminine Intuition, The Bicentennial Man, Escape, and Lenny are some of the ones I re-read the most, though.

Jessica Day George- I was in a pretty bad opinion of most dragon fantasy at the time I picked up her books, and actually kind of skimmed Dragon Slippers. Dragon Flight kept me gripped though, and made me re-read Slippers. And that is about the one and only case of a book that I truly did not put down for a day. (I've also read Dragon Spear, as well as Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow. The latter has a classic Mary Sue for a protagonist, and by god she works. ... yes, you just saw those words.)

Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister, by Gregory Maguire. I actually didn't care much for Wicked (loved the first few chapters, then it just lost me), but... maybe it's the artist in me, maybe it's just the characters, but it was a beautiful read.

The Dandelion Girl, by Robert F. Young. Very interesting little take on time travel, and a plain good story. I figured out the ending before too long, but it didn't make less of an impact smile.gif

And now just listing titles/authors/poets/poems

-As mentioned earlier, the Guardians of Ga'Hoole series.

-Emily Dickinson

-Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

-H.P. Lovecraft (listed here because this post would be five times as long if I went into why xd.png)

-A Series of Unfortunate Events/anything under the Lemony Snicket name

-Stephen King, mostly his short stories.

-Animal Farm

-The Ravenmaster's Secret (if anyone else has actually read that book, I would love to know xd.png)

-Holes

-The Giver/Gathering Blue/Messenger

And many more to come.

Edited by Dr. Paine

Hmmm.... I have read a lot of books... but my favorites that I can think of are:

Hunger Games,

The Trylle Trilogy,

The Maximum Ride series,

Divergent,

and many, many more... :3

Harry Potter

Mortal Instruments

Ranger's Apprentice

Anything by Robin Hobb

Sunshine (by Robin McKinley)

ANYTHING by Asimov.

Golden Compass Series

Fablehaven

I'm probably missing a ton from my mental list because I can't recall 'em all right now.

At the minute I'm loving any thing written by Charline Harris or Patricia Briggs. They're both such great writers I'm struggling to choose between them happy.gif

The Harry Potter series, the Hunger Games trilogy, the Gone saga, and House of the Scorpion

Eragon, Journey to the Center of the Earth.

I have read lot of books, so i dont have favorite, but these books are coolest.

Just reading the 'Night Angel Trilogy' and I love them. Really liked Harry Potter (1-4), 'Animal Farm', '1984' and a book called 'Das Ende ist mein Anfang' too.

My books change like my music does. Currently my favorite book is The Host by Stephanie Meyers

Edited by Eluna

Just reading the 'Night Angel Trilogy' and I love them.[...]

I read those too and loved the first two and the first half of the third book, but in the end I just laughed really, really hard. xd.png

My favorite books are the "Inheritance Trilogy" from N.K.Jemisin, "The Black Magician Trilogy" from Trudi Canavan, the Temeraire series from Naomi Novik, Harry Potter, The Demon Trilogy from Peter V. Brett and some more.

But no one can keep up with Brandon Sanderson's books. The Mistborn Trilogy were since last year my absolute favorites, but they got just beaten by Sanderson's epic work "The Stormlight Archive". In finished it last night. Great great book!

My favourite book is Black Beauty, and it seems to be the only book I read. It is worn out from being read so many times.

Ten years ago, I happen to see Harry Potter books, and picked up the first book. Since then, I have become a fan of Harry Potter.

Another favourite book is the Wheel of Time series, Eragon, and the Twilight series. I am currently waiting for the fourth book for Eragon.

Yeah, it's going to be called Inheritance and it comes out in Nov. if you don't believe me check borders.com. I look forward to it too.

Another awesome book I loooooooooooooooooooooooooooove is The Night Angel Series I'm half way through the first book and it's impossible to get it out of my head! xd.png I don't recommend it to anyone under 13- A lot of cursing and it's about assassin's.

Also the The Age of Fire Series is awesome.

Hunger Games, Black Beauty, Warriors, Guardians of Ga'hool, and i really want to read Tailchaser's Song.

My favorite book is The God Box by Alex Sanchez. It deals with a great problem in today's society, and it's just so sweet and meaningful that I can read it again and again.

I really like the Seventh Tower series and I have also read the whole Redwall series. I like any book that falls under Fantasy or Medievel Times

xd.png

I adored the Silverwing series when I was a kid. At this point in time my favourite book is The Red Tent by Anita Diamant.