tyto_alba

What is/are your favorite book(s)?

I Like a lot of books but I will always LOVE The Edge Chronicles! Very good stories, adventure, fun... wood trolls, bander-bears, floating cities and sky pirates!! if you like adventure give it a read biggrin.gif

I Like a lot of books but I will always LOVE The Edge Chronicles! Very good stories, adventure, fun... wood trolls, bander-bears, floating cities and sky pirates!! if you like adventure give it a read :D

I read a few of those books when I was in about the seventh grade. They were prett awesome. (:

Thinking about them, now I want to read them again. XD

I may have posted here before, but I'm not sure xd.png

I think my favorites are The Chronicles of Narnia series, the LotR books, Madeline L'engle's Time Trilogy, the Harry Potter books, and Ender's Game. I can't pick just one xd.png

Second to those is the Percy Jackson series, the Hunger Games (I firmly believe the Hunger Games will be the "classic" literature of our era, along with HP), and the Artemis Fowl series. I won't put The Inheritance Cycle (Eragon) on here because while I like them a lot, the writing is rather atrocious xd.png

Edited by philpot123

my favorite books are the Tapestry(henry neff) and Percy Jackson, and the Ranger's apprentice. the Inheritance cycle was okay but, its writing is pretty bad.

D: I don't think I can pick A favourite.

Anything by Brandon Sanderson. The day I picked up Mistborn, I knew I would be buying his novels for the rest of my life.

Dresden Files by Jim Butcher, ah, Charles Stross in general, Anne McCaffrey's Harper-centric books, Crystal Singer and the Talent universe, Rob Thurman's Leandro brothers series, Thomas E. Sniegoski's Fallen and Remy Chandler series, Terry Brooks Shannara verse and...oh heck, a gabillion other books Dx

99.9% of my favourites are SFF though but I do enjoy the In Death series by J.D. Robb and a couple of older Judith Mcnaught titles.

I have a lot.

the Redwall series

The Edge Chronicles.

Deltora Quest

Maximum Ride - but only the first two or three books

Ranger's Apprentice

Incarceron

Sapphique

The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn

I Like a lot of books but I will always LOVE The Edge Chronicles! Very good stories, adventure, fun... wood trolls, bander-bears, floating cities and sky pirates!! if you like adventure give it a read biggrin.gif

I know, right? I like Xanth best. smile.gif

I also like that book, I think it's number 7, best.

Hmmm.... so many.....

Redwall by Brian Jacques

Eragon (just finished the first one today) by Christopher Paolini

LoTR + the Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien

Percy Jackson + the Red Pyramid by Rick Roiridan

Watership Down by Richard Adams

+ many more of books I can't think of right now tongue.gif

I don't know why everyone keeps saying the Inheritance books are badly written unsure.gifsad.gif .

Edited by Fennel

If you don't read a lot, Inheritance can seem like a revelation. On the other hand, anyone who's even remotely familiar with fantasy (or Star Wars...) can and will recognize where virtually all of his plot/world elements come from. There are other reasons as well, among them the fact that they really aren't well written, but that's another discussion entirely.

As for favorites, I go mainly by author or series these days, rather than individual novels. I include among them:

Michael Crichton

Steven Erikson

Scott Lynch

Kristen Britain

Kevin Hearne

Peter V. Brett

Joe Abercrombie

Jim Butcher, Codex Alera, I've actually never read any of the Dresden novels.

As you can see, most of my favorites are fantasy. I'll read any genre, it just so happens than fantasy is my favorite so I read more of it.

While I don't have a definite favourite book, I can say with confidence that The House of the Scorpion by Nancy Farmer, Unwind by Neal Shusterman, and The Book Thief by Markus Zusak are all strong contenders.

So i just wanted to create a topic so i could see what kind of books other people read besides eragon, the cat who, redwall, the hunger games etc....

i don't have one favorte book i have like several series that i think are my favorte ones.

-Eragon

-artemis fowl

-Dawn of war books (Mostly the Novals and series about eldar, tau, Commissar Cain and the likes)

-halo books

-the softwire

-Gregor the Overlander

I have a gazillion of them. Here are some of my most favorites:

Redwall series

Incarceron

Sapphique

The 13th Reality

The Edge Chronicles

Horus Rising, from the Horus Heresy series.

Thud! by Sir Terry Pratchett. (Also has the same of my favourite kid's book...)

Temeraire by Naomi Novick.

The Hobbit by J.R.R Tolkien.

Silence Of The Lambs by Thomas Harris.

Blood And Ice by someone I don't remember.

The Last Hero by Sir Terry Pratchett.

The Prince by Machivelli. (Spelling fail...)

Rommel! Gunner Who? by Spike Milligan.

I just recently read

Dean Koontz Frankenstein series it was an interesting take on the classic story.

I like basically all sad books. i am very stubborn about this, and thus have not read Percy Jackson, eragon, etc. some of my favorites are:

tigers curse series

poison study series

love aubrey

help

I like basically all sad books. i am very stubborn about this, and thus have not read Percy Jackson, eragon, etc. some of my favorites are:

tigers curse series

poison study series

love aubrey

help

Poison study! I've read that smile.gif

Magic study and Fire study too biggrin.gif That was actually a pretty good series.

There is also a spin off trilogy of "glass" Sea Glass, Spy Glass and I can't remember the other one .. but they're not as good as the first 3.

My all time fav books are the Dresden Files by Jim Butcher wub.gif

That man is a censorkip.gif Genius. Each book in the series gets better and better.

TD.x.

Edited by Twilightdreamer1979

Poison study! I've read that smile.gif

Magic study and Fire study too biggrin.gif That was actually a pretty good series.

There is also a spin off trilogy of "glass" Sea Glass, Spy Glass and I can't remember the other one .. but they're not as good as the first 3.

My all time fav books are the Dresden Files by Jim Butcher wub.gif

That man is a censorkip.gif Genius. Each book in the series gets better and better.

TD.x.

I've only read Poison Study and Magic Study and it was a while ago i should read them again

The dragon rider of Pern Series by Anne McCafferey - some are better then others love most of the books.

The enchanted Forest Chronicles- Patricia C Werde - Lovely fantasy stories

Jodi Pichoult books - My Sister's Keeper, and Nineteen minutes are my absolute favourites very good reads.

George R.R Martin - A Game of thrones, Clash of Kings, Storm of Swords, Feast for Crows. Well written fantasy stories.

Terry Pratchett - discworld books fantastic!

I love reading, I'll have to pick just a few of my favorites...

The Thief by Megan Whalen Turner (and the rest of the books in that series <3)

The Bartimaeus Trilogy by Jonathan Stroud

The Uglies Trilogy by Scott Westerfeld

I could go on, there are a lot of books I've really enjoyed, and should read again. I'm reading the Foundations Trilogy now, but it hasn't really grabbed me the way some others have. I see a vote for Incarceron, that's another book on my "to read" list; I may have to move it up a spot or two.

I see a vote for Incarceron, that's another book on my "to read" list; I may have to move it up a spot or two.

Read Incarceron. Lots of plot twists and characters jumping around the line between good and bad.