tyto_alba

What is/are your favorite book(s)?

I've also recently read Burned by Ellen Hopkins. It was beautiful and tragic, and I loved it.

I'm also reading Impulse by Ellen Hopkins, and it's great so far.

When I finish it, I'll read Identical.

I'd definitely (with an I, not an A) throw Identical out there as potenially almost one of the biggest mind Fs out there. I freaking loved that book. I haven't read Impulse or Burned, but I have read Glass, bits of Crank and Fallout. But I really love Identical.

I'd also like to throw out the Uglies Trilogy. Freakin amazing books.

Also Pit Dragon Trilogy. Dragon's Blood and Heart's Blood actually, not A Sending of Dragons. Such a unique Dragon universe and it actually made me cry...Heart's Blood did. Hence the fact that I made sure to make a tribute to her the moment I got on this site.

I'd also say House of the Squirpion and Jurrasic Park(better than the movie and so incredibly deep)

Actually, I believe Zero points this out when they have the lizards all over them and are trying not to move. You know, he stares at the chest and tells him that, and he wonders if he spent the whole night thinking of that.

Actually, it was pointed out much earlier. Like... first few pages.

When I was a kid I loved The Blood Jaguar by Michael H. Payne more than anything. I read that book so often that it literally started falling apart in my hands. I don't know where it is now.

I'm also extremely fond of A Separate Peace, you know, that book everyone has to read because of high school lit? I think I like it because when we were read in class it I went to the library to read it on my own and realized that the school textbook version edited out a whole paragraph. For some reason finding out the book had been censored made it awesome in my mind.

Other than that I read a lot of non-fiction, but I can't say I've found a favorite there yet.

I think my favourite book, as of right now, has to be Life and Fate by Vasily Grossman. It's so powerful and heartbreaking, and weaves so much of the author's own experiences into the pages that it never fails to move me. It helps that the circumstances around its publishing were so intriguing, as well.

I'll also always hold a special fondness for The Secret Garden which was my favourite book when I was a little kid, and the entire Harry Potter series which practically stole eight years of my life when I was a pre-teen/teenager. (I honestly don't think I'll ever experience another series the way I did that one. It was crazy.)

Anything Star Wars related except when they turn the movies into books and John Grisham.

I have too many favorites. I have authors I've been stalking obsessively since I was old enough to have a library card and authors I only discovered recently, but who have stolen a huge place in my heart. Each author has things that make them the greatest, but at the same time, I could never pick just one.

From my younger years, I'd have to say that Diane Duane, Tamora Pierce, and Brian Jacques (safe journey to Dark Forest, your work will be missed) are probably my favorites. So You Want To Be A Wizard was probably the first fantasy I ever really got into and I've been hooked ever since. My favorite non-fantasy would have to be The Poisonwood Bible by Barbra Kingsolver. Best Artwork EVER goes to Clive Barker and his Abarat series. I don't even mind knowing that it will take him years between books because I know that each book comes with full color origional oil paintings every other page. The way he uses color and shape is just breathtaking. If I could afford his paintings, I'd decorate my whole house around his works. They are that awesome. Each of the books I'm listing is one I've read several dozen times.

Diane Duane said it best in So You Want to Be a Wizard - "Reading one books is like eating one potato chip". I'm not happy unless I have a stack of books next to me, waiting to be read.

I have a long list of favourite books

Dragon Lance novels

Black Jewel Trilogy - how those books ended up in a high school library is beyond me. Very mature content.

Right now I'm reading Eragon - awesome book to read to my niece, we're really enjoying it.

I've got a long list but I can't remember the names right now. I refuse to read Harry Potter and Twilight though. Watching the movies rotted my brain enough. (- to anyone - they just don't suit my tastes.)

I'd love to get a hold of some Warrior Cat books.

Graphic Novels I've read and enjoyed.

V for Vendetta

Kick Ass

Punisher

Dark Days in Hell

Again, long list I can't quite remember. Sadly, I wish I found the graphic novels before watching the movies, but they're still good either way xd.png.

I love Quo Vadis, by Henryk Sienkeiwicz. Also, anything written by Dostoevsky, Tolstoy, Dumas, Scott, Shakespeare, and Dickens. Ha ha, call me a classic lit geek, but I really love classic books! laugh.gif

My fave books, in order of awesomeness:

Most awesome 1st:

♥ Percy Jackson (and the last Olympian was best)

♥ Harry Potter (Deathly Hallows was fairly boring, probably the 1st one)

♥Eragon (I've only read the 1st one and halfway through the second.)

♥ I just read a pretty good book called Saffy's angel.

I just finished a book called Men Against the Sea, pertaining to the mutiny on the H.M.S. Bounty. Eighteen men set adrift in a dangerously overladen twenty-three foot boat embark on a 3600-mile journey to safety. It's an incredible true story, I highly recommend it.

Another book I really like is The Scar by China Mieville. Dark, gritty, set in a floating pirate city (what is it with me and nautical stuff?), it's a very nice read.

I was also going to bring up Verne's 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, but I think I should stop with the nautical literature >.<.

Ah, there's also House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski. Very trippy, very creepy, but once it gets going, you can't put it down for long. Just don't follow my example and read it late at night, especially if you live alone!

Do comic books count? tongue.gif

I just recently bought Gerard Way's (lead singer from My Chemical Romance) comic books and they are really good. But I've never read a comic book before so I can't compare them to anything. XP

I'm extremely picky with books so while I love to read, I don't read very often.

I haven't had a favorite book in years. I used to like the Eragon books but it's taken the author wayyyy too long to make the last book so I've kind of lost interest.

I was really into a series of books by Chrisopher Golden and Thomas E. Sniegoski but they discontinued the series because they didn't make enough sales on the books or something like that. I was really upset about that, they were really good books.

I've read a couple of books in the past year, but none really stood out. The last good book I read was My Sister's Keeper. (They absolutely butchered it in the movie dry.gif )

I totally agree with Stunning and would like to add a few of my own:

Pretty Little Liars Series

Chronicle of Narnia series

Brother Odd series

Eragon series

Harry Potter series

Blood and Chocolate

Silver kiss

Maximum Ride series

Thirst Series

Dreams of Decadence

Resident Evil Series

Tucker Max books

Star Wars-Darth Bane series

The Captive

Captive Embrace

Sherrilyn Kinion's Dark Hunter series

annnnnd I think Thats it.

(I realize most of these are repeats,I just wanted to state that I love them)

Have plenty of favourites, some are better than others.

Retribution Falls ~ Chris Wooding

Contest ~ Matthew Reilly

The Tenth Cirlce ~ Jodi Picoult

Eragon Series ~ Christopher Paolini

Maximum Ride Series ~ James Patterson

The Fury ~ Jason Pinter

The Best Revenge ~ Stephen White

Only Darkness, Night Angels, Silent Playgrounds and Bleak Water ~ Danuta Reah

There are some others I can't remember at the moment, will probably add them if I ever remember the names. Have to love library notices, found some more that were on my favourites list. I love most psychological crime novels, thrillers and horrors, along with anything like Contest.

Edited by VampiricOmen

Taggerung was my favorite Jaques book. :3

But my favorite book of all time is Tooth and Claw by Jo Walton. And now that I think about it... it's very relevant to Dragon Cave. xd.png

As a child I loved adventure literature. Jules Verne, Mark Twain and many unknown authors.

More recently I'm mostly reading fantasy. And the series that really stood out was Pullmans "His Dark Materials" (The Golden Compass, The Subtle Knife, The Ember Spyglass), I read them in english (I'm german ^^), and I loved it.

Second favorite series is the "Temeraire" series. I just have one little problem: after the 4th book the publisher changed, and the 5th book looked totally different than the first four. It might sound silly but I hate it, when the books look different in mid-series >.<

(I hope the grammar isn't too messed up ^^)

Some of my favorite book series are Pendragon, Hunger Games, and Warriors. My favorite book alone however, is Dark Life. It's an epic book biggrin.gif I loved it

The Inheritance Cycle - Christopher Paolini

This series includes:

Eragon

Eldest

Brisingr

Book 4

Best series ever.

I've got several favourites:

Temeraire-- Naomi Novik

The Lies of Locke Lamora and Red Seas Under Red Skies--Scott Lynch

Watership Down--Richard Adams

Perdido Street Station--China Miéville

Rebecca--Daphne du Maurier

Callanish--Willam Horwood

There's half a ton more, but I won't list all of them.

A Song of Ice and Fire series - George R. R. Martin

I read them 5 or 6 times by now smile.gif