tyto_alba

What is/are your favorite book(s)?

@tyto: Yup, it's a really good book, if confusing at times. But it makes sense, somehow . . . I really want to see the movie :<

@Dr. Paine: I've been planning to read Guardians of Ga'hoole for a while now. Never got the chance. It be good, yes?

@tyto: Yup, it's a really good book, if confusing at times. But it makes sense, somehow . . . I really want to see the movie :<

@Dr. Paine: I've been planning to read Guardians of Ga'hoole for a while now. Never got the chance. It be good, yes?

If you can accept the idea that owls can forge metal, it's a great read ^^

Started re-reading some Lovecraft. Gotta love the stuff. Not so much a book, as they're short stories, but it's a compilation, "Road to Madness."

Roger Zelazny... I just can't describe how genius and amazing he is! biggrin.gif Enjoyed all his books, especially The Chronicles Of Amber.

Roger Zelazny... I just can't describe how genius and amazing he is! biggrin.gif Enjoyed all his books, especially The Chronicles Of Amber.

Agree. I love his books. I read them over 20 years ago, but I do remember loving that series.

Slightly OT, but his short story "Unicorn Variations" was one of the first short stories I remember as being important to me.. beautiful, beautiful work n__n

Wasn't all that fond of Amber, but I loved Lord of Light.

Definitely the Wheel of Time Series, sad that Robert Jordan died but Brandon Sanderson did a pretty good job on The Gathering Storm, just messed Matt up a bit. If you like long long long series and an expansive world read this series. 12 books so far and two more on the way

Definitely the Wheel of Time Series, sad that Robert Jordan died but Brandon Sanderson did a pretty good job on The Gathering Storm, just messed Matt up a bit. If you like long long long series and an expansive world read this series. 12 books so far and two more on the way

Ohhh gosh I really didn't like The Gathering Storm. It's wonderful that the Wheel of Time is being continued, so I'm not complaining about that, but no one can replace Robert Jordan's wonderful writing for me. sad.gif

Meh, I don't like the Hunger Games anymore. >_>

Another favorite book of mine is Warriors: Bluestar's Prophecy.

Another favorite book of mine is Warriors: Bluestar's Prophecy.

I've read that one. It was pretty good. (:

I'm waiting for Skyclan's Destiny to come out in paperback.

Have you read it, too?

No; I'm waiting for my public library to get it. Heard it was messed up though. .-.

Oh really? Hmm.

I'll have to check and see if my county library has it.

Though it's been a while since I've gone to the library. >.>

On another note; I think I can add another book to my faves list. x3

1: Luna by Julie Anne Peters

It's very, very good.

The story follows a girl named Regan whose brother is a transvestite.

Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman. While I don't think it's his best - he got better at plotting with future books - it's still the one that's closest to my heart, and I never get tired of re-reading it.

I'm loving the Tiffany Aching series by Terry Pratchett, even though I'm just about old enough to be her grandmother!

I collect Christine Feehan's Dark, Ghostwalker and Drake sisters series.

And for something completely different, when I was a child I read a book called Bracken my Dog. Lovely book and I can remember it to this day.

I absolutely LOVE The Dark Tower Series, by Stephen King. It has got to be the most intricate series I've ever read!

You can always get me to read a good horror book, and my favorite authors for that are Clive Barker, Bentely Little, and Richard Laymon.

I'm completely enthralled with anything to do with Laurrel K. Hamilton right now.

And I also LOVED the Ayn Rands fiction books, The Fountainhead and Atlas Shrugged.

The Lost Hero was good. I was expecting it to be really messed up based on my friends' opinions, but it was actually nice and suspenseful and all that. smile.gif Rick Riordan does it again!

Not my favorite book, but books by Robin Mckinley are among my favorites. They were the first books I ever read that weren't dominated by male leads, and I loved to pretend I was Angharad Crewe. One of my favorite things about her books is her take on fairy tales and other old stories. She takes the traditional meek female characters and turns them into strong, capable women.