I read a lot of series'

In Death series-J.d.Robb

Sookie stackhouse books

Anita Blake novels

Stephanie plum boks

Legend of Drizzt books

Nora roberts

Kresley Cole etc

i even write the title of every book i can remember reading, yes i need bttr hobbies lol

For me, it would have to be...

-World War Z by Max Brooks

-Bartimaeus series by Jonathan Stroud (I actually own most of the series save for Ptolemy's Gate)

-The Book Thief

-Everlost

-Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

-The Hungry Cities chronicles by Philip Reeve

And a bunch more I can't really remember off the top of my head. I am such a sucker for fantasy and sci-fi, steampunk included~

I read a lot of series'

In Death series-J.d.Robb

Sookie stackhouse books

Anita Blake novels

Stephanie plum boks

Legend of Drizzt books

Nora roberts

Kresley Cole etc

i even write the title of every book i can remember reading, yes i need bttr hobbies lol

don't worry i do the same thing..

i am actually collecting the anita blake and sookie stackhouse series

The Hunger Games series.

For the win.

I've heard of The Hunger Games series. A few friends (and a teacher) have told me it's really good. I need to give the books a try sometime, I think. From what I've read about them, they seem interesting.

On another note, I've recently read two books I'd suggest to anyone who wants a good read.

The first was Parrotfish, a book about a transgender teen named Grady (formerly Angela) who deals with the stress of coming out to friends and family, and does her best to overcome adversity. I loved this book.

The second was a book called Godless, which was about a boy who creates his one religion, Chutengodianism. The members of this religion worship the towns water tower, or the Ten-Legged One. The book follows the main character through his attempts to keep his friends alive (and sane), and shows how a good thing can spoil when it's not controlled. I loved this book, too.

List of books or series I loved enough to read at least 4 times through:

The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas - long but totally worth it

Green Rider Series by Kristen Britain - Great books to read if you like female protagonists, adventure, horses/nature

Tortall Series by Tamora Pierce - Female protagonists, coming of age, action/romance

Of course I grew up reading Harry Potter and, to a lesser extent, Lord of the Rings and the Eragon books but the three above are ones that I consistently revisit.

My choice:

1. Bartimaeus trilogy by Jonathan Stroud

2. His Dark Matherials

3. Kay Scarcpetta

4. Time traveler's wife

5. The Neverending Story

6. The Last of the Mohicans

7. Uncle Tom's Cabin

And so on.

Oh man, I could never get interested in Inkheart. Something about it just... bleh. I tried reading it, at least.

When I was younger, though, my favoritestestest series was Animorphs, closely followed by Harry Potter. My only complaint with the latter is that there's such a lack of creativity with the names.

Nowadays I like things like Uglies, 1984, Animal Farm, and The Secret Life of Bees.

Lovelovelove the Secret Life of Bees, too. Loved it before it was a movie, though the movie was really good.

Nowadays I like things like Uglies, 1984, Animal Farm, and The Secret Life of Bees.

Lovelovelove the Secret Life of Bees, too. Loved it before it was a movie, though the movie was really good.

I've read the Secret Life of Bees about... Three times. I saw the movie first, and saw it was based on a book. I went to school and saw my teacher had the book on her shelf, borrowed it, read it, and fell in love. <3 xd.png

Good hobby, makes for good English (if the reader makes an effort to use English, not leet tongue.gif ) and a lot of useful (occasionally useless, but fun) information. I wish I was as organised in my book reading cool.gif

The books I remember anyway:

The Magic Thief (series)

The Poison Master

The phantom tollbooth

Floors (the Whippet hotel one, by Patrick Carman. Hard to look for a book with this kind of name wink.gif)

The mouse and the motorcycle (the first one in a series of at least 3)

God bless this mouse

Captain Blood odyssey (set by Rafael Sabatini, for me it's hard to read in original English, but who says you have to do that? Go (good) translations!)

Jack of Kinrowan

Worzel Gummidge (thanks to Jon Pertwee, without his rendition of Dr. Who I'd probably never see his rendition of Worzel and the actual book. The library copy lives at my place (not like anybody else wants it), the pictures are awesome, the text - too)

Silverwing (bat story series by Kenneth Oppel)

Chronicles of Narnia (read first 4 in translation, remember fondly. Too heavy in the edition I found in the library, both in language and paper weight smile.gif Watched Tom Baker's rendition of Puddleglum, fell in love with the "Silver Chair". In self-printed "book" it doesn't look a collector's item at all, is not heavy enough to be an offensive weapon... and imagining Sir Baker's voice in the right places makes old-fashioned English quite bearable =))

The Dark Is Rising (series by Susan Cooper. Not a big fan, but there were nice points)

Swordbird (by Nancy Yi Fan)

The Spook's Apprentice (although it looks like being on the way to "too grim for my liking" by book 3 and I haven't been further yet)

Wolf Tower (byTanith Lee)

The Ranger's Apprentice

The Assassin's Apprentice (only read the first book and in patches, at that, but goes well with a certain mood)

All books by

Diana Wynn Jones

Terry Pratchett

Tamora Pierce

Robert Asprin (although the first MYTHs are better than the forced-write later ones :/)

Former fan of

Ursula Le Guin

Dragonriders of Pern

("Former" referring to my inability to read them in English or to find and re-read the translation)

However, I'm sure I missed some gems, forgetting them...

BTW, does anybody know the book... I remember a lady going around a colonised planet, looking at natives. Mostly I remember two points - the yoga-like class, which was abruptly turned into a fitness-loud-music-jump class when the "civilised" police came past and the library the natives are collecting, sorting and rewriting in a far-away cave. I think the book had something about powers in its title, but no searches support that claim. Anybody?

There are so many!

-Inkheart trilogy

-Dragon Rider

-Lord of the Rings

-Eragon

-Ender's Game

-pretty much anything by Isaac Asimov

-The Phantom Tollbooth

-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

-Macbeth (yes I know it's a play, but it's one of my favorite Shakespeare plays ever)

-King Lear

Favorites?

-Lord of the Rings

-House of the Scorpion

-The Graveyard Book

-Harry Potter

-The Secret

-Grass

-Chronicles of Narnia

-The 39 clues: Medusa Plot (just go the first book so i haven't really read the series yet)

Hmm... It's too hard to say which one book is my favourite, so...

-This Alien Shore by C.S. Friedman

-In Conquest Born also by C.S. Friedman

-The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan

Oh, and The Book of Tea from non-fiction (by Okakura Kakuzo). biggrin.gif

Hmm... It's too hard to say which one book is my favourite, so...

-This Alien Shore by C.S. Friedman

-In Conquest Born also by C.S. Friedman

-The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan

Oh, and The Book of Tea from non-fiction (by Okakura Kakuzo). biggrin.gif

i have read the wheel of time series and now I'm waiting for the last book to come out.

• Harry Potter
  • Warriors
  • Goosebumps
  • Babysitters club
  • Nancy Drew
  • American Girl
  • Babymouse
  • Allie Finkle

Favourite? mmm

many books are my favourite but.. so,the top is:

The lord of the ring

Dorian Gray's Portrait

all the books of Tiaziano Terzani

generally, shakespeare

Plauto's commedies

It, Shining and The House of the Dark (i hope is the right title in english..) of S.King

La fine del mondo storto (The wrong end of the world) of Mauro Corona

The book of camping, Living well in the tents, a present when i was six..

The books of George Simmel...

Ray Bradboury's stories...

If I had to pick just one then it would be

Skulduggery Pleasant ; Death Bringer

My favorite series is Skulduggery Pleasant

My first favorite book series was the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. After that I got really into Percy Jackson, and when I got the Hunger Games a few years ago I became obsessed with that, and still am. <3

I also really like the books Ship Breaker, Carpe Diem, Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, and photography books.

My favorites:

The Hunger Games trilogy

Inkheart trilogy

Percy Jackson and the Olympians series

Mazerunner series

Fablehaven series

Bartimaeus trilogy

If I had to choose a LEAST favorite book, it would be Harry Potter

1. Hunger Games

2. Fablehaven

3. Eragon

4. Harry Potter

5. Twilight

6. Last Dragon Chronicles

7. Circle of Magic

8. 13 Treasures

9. Kane Chronicles

10. Percy Jackson

11. Heros of Olympus

12. Septimus Heap

13. Warriors

14. May Bird

15. Lord of the Rings

16. Narnia

17. Princess Series

And alot.png more, but those are my top ones. I recommend them ALL to ANYONE who enjoys fantasy!!!

I'm a voracious reader so this list is only the best of the best of my large book collection.

1. Lone survivor-Marcus lutrell(I hope I spelled that right)

2. Dragons In Our Midst series-Bryan Davis

3. The hunger games

4. Harry potter

5. Inheritance cycle(fifth place because the last book stunk)

6. Percy Jackson

7. Kane chronicles

8. The chronicles of Narnia

9. The 39 clues

And I probably managed to forget an important one, so I left a spot for that once I remember it.

Oh okay! I can do this. I'm an active reader XP

1. Lord of the Rings - J. R. R. Tolkien (Series)

2. Odd Thomas - Dean Koontz (Series)

3. The Taking - Dean Koontz

4. Frankenstein - Dean Koontz (series)

5. By the light of the moon - Dean Koontz

6. Demon Seed - Dean Koontz [it's a worthy note to make that he is my favourite author and there are more but I will move on..]

7. Anita Blake vampire hunter - Laurell K. Hamilton (series)

8. The crowfield curse - Pat Walsh

9. Maximum Ride - James Patterson (series)

10. I, Coriander - Sally Gardner

11. Purple Hibiscus - Chimamanda Adichie. [so I had to read this for school as part of my English syllabus, but I really like it as a book!]

It's first thing in the morning (well no... but I've only just got up ;D) and these are just what I can think of off the top of my head. I'll add some more soon (:

-Warriors

-The Inkheart trilogy

-The Hunger Games trilogy

-Fablehaven

-Percy Jackson and the Olympians

-The Heroes of Olympus

-The Kane Chronicles

-Lord of the Rings trilogy

There are others, but that's all I can think of ATM.

Edited by HawktalonOfRiverClan