tyto_alba

What is/are your favorite book(s)?

Oooh, you're asking me to pick a favorite book? xd.png That's harsh! JK. I'd have to go with Sword of Shannara by Terry Brooks. It's the best of the series, because the other ones start to sound a bit repetitive. I also am a fan of Kristen Britain's Green Rider novels. Unfortunately, hardly anyone I know reads these.

Never heard of that one. Another favorite of mine id the House of Night series by PC and Kristen Cast.

Every Soul a Star is about three kids who meet in unusual circumstances to witness a total eclipse... it's kinda hard to explain. You should read it - it's really interesting.

Yeah, I looked it up on Barnes and Noble. xd.png Any book title that seems interesting I immediately look up. Let's see, I also like the Belgariad and Mallorean series by David/Leigh Eddings. As you can see, I'm a fantasy nerd. wink.gif

I would say I have three favorite books:

The Adoration of Jenna Fox By Mary E. Pearson

Liar By Justine Larbalestier

Double Helix by Nancy Werlin

Jenna Fox and Double Helix are both very similar, sort of a sci-fi mystery with a lot of ethics involved. Liar is like nothing else I have seen, but it is really good. Back when I was little I really liked The Tale of Despereaux by Kate DiCamillo

My absolute favorite book series is the Wheel of Time. I also enjoy Tolkien, Dragonlance, and Narnia. Fantasy is one of my favorite catagories.

I also often read Ender's Game and Harry Potter.

I'd recommend The Girl Who Could Fly to anybody. It became my favorite overnight.

My all-time favorite, though, has got to be Holes. Everything weaves into everything else so perfectly~

I don't have on favorite book...but I have a few favorite series

Inheritance (Eragon, Eldest, Brsingr)

Age of Fire (Dragon Champion, Dragon Avenger, Dragon Outcast,...)

Warriors (all of 'em)

Immortals (Wild Magic, Wolf Speaker, Emporer Mage, ...)

Maximum Ride (The Angel Experiment, Schools Out FOREVER, Saving the World and other Extreme Sports, ...)

My all-time favorite, though, has got to be Holes. Everything weaves into everything else so perfectly~

Yes!!!!! Holes is an amazing book. I am sure you have noticed this but have you noticed that Yelnats is Stanley backwards? I have heard Louis Sachar actually put Yelnats as a filler name and then ended up liking it. I haven't read that book for so long, it is about time I re-read it.

Lord of the Rings (Tolkien)

Pride and Prejudice (Austen) - I like the other Austen-novels almost as well, but this is definitely the one I like best

Agatha Christie, but here I can't decide which one I like best wink.gif

I wonder about anything a little more modern, but ... fail.

So many books, so little time.

I tend to love series of books.

David Weber's Honor Harrington, heirs to Armagedon,

Mercedes Lackey Elven and bardic voices books and her Valdemar based books.

Elizabeth Moon's Serrano series

Harry Potter

Ally Carter's Gallagher Girl Books

Joanne Fluke, Dianne mott Davidson, Carolyn Hart, Ellen Hart mysteries

Catherine Coulter, Suzanne Brockmann, Patricia Cornwell and Tom Clancy Thrillers.

I like books with well written lovable characters and a good plot. I have some issues with most writers who seem to have fallen into a plug in plot way of writing, the good writers don't sell their falls from grace and the ones who do realize their errors and stop doing what makes their books not worth the reading or I sadly stop gwetting their books.

Flowers in the Attic.

I think it's by V.C. Andrews, but I forgot.

Some of the Forgotten Realms books are quite nice, too.

Edit:

Oh, and the unedited version of Dracula, and some of Poe's works.

Edited by Qwackie

I've finally gotten around to reading Tailchaser's Song.

It was excellent, and gets five stars from me. (:

The writing is great, but not done in a way that goes over peoples heads, and the plot is both simple and complex at once.

I'd suggest anyone who likes books like Redwall, Warriors, and Watership down read this book as soon as they're able.

I've also recently read Burned by Ellen Hopkins. It was beautiful and tragic, and I loved it.

I'm also reading Impulse by Ellen Hopkins, and it's great so far.

When I finish it, I'll read Identical.

Don't remember if I wrote this here yet but as of this November my favourite book is The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy.

Yes!!!!! Holes is an amazing book. I am sure you have noticed this but have you noticed that Yelnats is Stanley backwards? I have heard Louis Sachar actually put Yelnats as a filler name and then ended up liking it. I haven't read that book for so long, it is about time I re-read it.

Actually, I believe Zero points this out when they have the lizards all over them and are trying not to move. You know, he stares at the chest and tells him that, and he wonders if he spent the whole night thinking of that.

Danse Macabre~Laurell K. Hamilton

Dead and Gone~Charlaine Harris

A Kiss of Shadows~Laurell K. Hamilton

A Game of Thrones~George R. R. Martin

Dating the Damned~Charles Phipps (my hubby biggrin.gif)