sailing101

Portal 2

OMG GUYs. You all are going to hate me. Especially Dr.Paine.

user posted image

Yes I did.

I got the name GLaDOS for a dragon.

I've been stalking the scroll that had it, because they only had 3 adult dragons. I knew it would go inactive...

I was right. I win the game. I have GLaDOS on my scroll. Ahaha.

Meh. I've got my own GLaDOS and then some >D

And I agree with Sins- I haven't made it through all of the co-op, but I think GLaDOS does enjoy watching humans test more than robots... simply because when they die, they die x3. Who knows, if you want to add some layer of faux deepness, you could even say that she wants to watch them die because she wishes she could die.

... which is kind of dumb, since GLaDOS is strictly a machine. (... I am firmly convinced Caroline is gone, and GLaDOS herself is a different consciousness that manifested as time went on. There may be some bits that were influenced by Caroline being the foundation, but in the end, she's her own... er... person.) You could also say she wants to see as many deaths of others as she saw of herself. Which could be quite a lot of people...

I wouldn't be quite so sure about simply wanting to kill all her test subjects. She lives for Science, after all. If she kills off all the humans, she is ultimately back to just Atlas and P-Body again and she likely does have enough foresight to know this.

I'm more of the opinion that she wants to have more tests going on at once; two little robots running co-operative testing gauntlets is just one test at a time. She has a lot of cameras which are watching nothing while the test subjects are in a different area of the facility. She's a computer, she can multitask. More likely that she's trying to get more testing done more efficiently.

Edited by Lythiaren

I wouldn't be quite so sure about simply wanting to kill all her test subjects. She lives for Science, after all. If she kills off all the humans, she is ultimately back to just Atlas and P-Body again and she likely does have enough foresight to know this.

I'm more of the opinion that she wants to have more tests going on at once; two little robots running co-operative testing gauntlets is just one test at a time. She has a lot of cameras which are watching nothing while the test subjects are in a different area of the facility. She's a computer, she can multitask. More likely that she's trying to get more testing done more efficiently.

That too x3 But there's no denying GLaDOS is a bit of a sadist and enjoys seeing people at least suffer.

And Lab Rat did mention that Aperture had cloning tech, so... there's always that.

I was going to say the same thing about the cloning tech. In my mind, she would probably eventually get bored of cloning, too, but I think she'd enjoy watching endless variations of the same clone testing more than she would enjoy watching Atlas and P-Body test forever. Not that she might not continue testing them.

A more farfetched possibility is that she enjoyed her time with Chell so much (not that she'll ever admit it) that she's planning on taking other test subjects through similar gauntlets and allowing the most intelligent/resourceful/tenacious of them to earn their freedom. And everyone else can go burn in goo.

Because, well, some people are hard to kill. She certainly doesn't want to be put in a potato again, much less fed to birds.

Edited by Lythiaren

See, I think Chell would be just... one of a kind xd.png Sure, others might do well on the test, but I don't think any of them would earn GLaDOS' respect- no matter how grudging- like Chell.

... and even if she set them free, it'd still be to their deaths, I haven't seen much to convince me that humanity's still around x3

Ambiguous timeline is ambiguous!

But hey, if it's still during the events of Half-Life, those people who earn freedom could possibly join the fight, yah? xd.png

Ambiguous timeline is ambiguous!

But hey, if it's still during the events of Half-Life, those people who earn freedom could possibly join the fight, yah? xd.png

Actually, ambiguous as it is, P2 is a considerable time after the events of HL2. I'm pretty sure humanity kicked the Combine off the planet, but I think the numbers were just too beat down to survive for too much longer.

Edited by Dr. Paine

A more farfetched possibility is that she enjoyed her time with Chell so much (not that she'll ever admit it) that she's planning on taking other test subjects through similar gauntlets and allowing the most intelligent/resourceful/tenacious of them to earn their freedom. And everyone else can go burn in lemons.

Fixed that for you.

Just reminding all of you: GLaDOS mentioned taking up on a new hobby. It has relation to cloning humans, I think...

Fixed that for you.

Just reminding all of you: GLaDOS mentioned taking up on a new hobby. It has relation to cloning humans, I think...

Reanimating the dead biggrin.gif

OMG GUYs. You all are going to hate me. Especially Dr.Paine.

user posted image

Yes I did.

I got the name GLaDOS for a dragon.

I've been stalking the scroll that had it, because they only had 3 adult dragons. I knew it would go inactive...

I was right. I win the game. I have GLaDOS on my scroll. Ahaha.

Thanks for the links by the way.

So your the one who got it. *pouts*

http://dragcave.net/lineage/DfBG

I got it! biggrin.gif

Okay, a wile back I managed to buy the game, one hour later, it was installed.

I pressed play, and the game started updating itself.

Half an our later, it finished updating.

I pressed play again.

ERROR/:;

I pressed play again.

I pressed play again.

I uninstalled and reinstalled

Half an hour later, I pressed play again.

I uninstalled and reinstalled

Ten minutes later, I pressed play again.

I get my dad's help, and he figures out that my 6 year old excuse for a computer does not have a core duo processor.

My dad decides to build for me a new computer sometime (He can do that, but it usually takes him a while to start on projects like that, but I can wait, I have other games)

The image card burns out (Ironically it was added to the computer so i could play the original Portal)

Without a computer or Nintendo Wii (The disk drive overheated due to it being under a heating vent, not my idea) My dad moves building the new computer higher on his list of priorities, and it's ready in under a week.

It was installed.

It updated.

I pressed play.

I trembled in terror as GLaDOS woke up.

I had started playing at five, took a break for dinner and finished at nine.

the next day I went over the river and through the woods. (Can you guess who i visited?)

I just got back saturday, and have since finished the coop mode.

My steam ID is sailing 94. (For some reason steam didn't like 101)

I LOVE PORTAL 2!

Most people do not believe that Portal 2 can be completed in four hours, and if it is, you rushed past all the best dialouge.

I stayed in one room with Wheatley just to hear him talk...Then he said that I should go get a crap turret and I said(Out loud, I think they're real people for some reason), "Oh! Good idea!" I was trying to get the thing to scan ME.

I'm having fun. http://dragcave.net/lineage/riWsQ *glares at Paine for having 'Wheatley'

.... creepy! xd.png

Beats Chell and Wheatley though. (And oh yes. I got Wheatley as soon as I could after the trailer came out, I knew it would be very wanted xd.png)

Ah... I need to re-play this game soon.

.... creepy! xd.png

Beats Chell and Wheatley though. (And oh yes. I got Wheatley as soon as I could after the trailer came out, I knew it would be very wanted xd.png)

Ah... I need to re-play this game soon.

Yea I know xd.png Couldn't help it mate.

Grr D:< Wanted Wheatley. I was late to the party.

I just bought this:

user posted image

Why THAT pairing? xd.png lol

I call cave Wonton. I'm also looking for other people who have steam and portal 2 because i'm bored out of my mind and want to play co-op with someone.

Why THAT pairing? xd.png lol

I call cave Wonton. I'm also looking for other people who have steam and portal 2 because i'm bored out of my mind and want to play co-op with someone.

Have you played Co-op before? I'm looking to get the Professor Portal achievement.

Have you played Co-op before? I'm looking to get the Professor Portal achievement.

Yes, wonton plays with me sometimes xd.png

I want professor portal too ;_;

I got the Professor Portal!

I only need to hug one more friend and complete course 4 without dying.

and complete course 4 without dying.

Wonton and I got really close to doing that >.< but let me tell you, its hard and takes 2 really good players and a lot of time x3

Edited by Kaini

GLaDOS' voice- created because Valve wanted to be cheap biggrin.gif

Edited by Dr. Paine