MURDERcomplexx

Marriage Equality and Other MOGAI/Queer Rights

I don't really care either way. Gay marriage doesn't affect me and it's not my business. However I am getting frustrated with all of the media attention it's getting lately. It's overshadowing a lot of other stories in the news--and I am NOT talking about petty celebrity gossip.

I don't really care either way. Gay marriage doesn't affect me and it's not my business. However I am getting frustrated with all of the media attention it's getting lately. It's overshadowing a lot of other stories in the news--and I am NOT talking about petty celebrity gossip.

Yes, because a fight for civil rights isn't important at all. /sarcasm

I understand some frustration with it becoming more prevalent, but... the sooner we just square things for everyone, the sooner it'll die down and just be a fact of life.

Yes, because a fight for civil rights isn't important at all. /sarcasm

I understand some frustration with it becoming more prevalent, but... the sooner we just square things for everyone, the sooner it'll die down and just be a fact of life.

Soooo much this.

It's taking over the news because it's a serious issue and we are trying to stand up for our rights. If you don't want it to take over the news, maybe you could help us, sign the petitions, go to the protests, etc etc, and then it will eventually be over and the news can go back to whatever *you* think is important.

I thought that looked like Sydney...

Lovely video <3

I personally have gay friends. Some of the nicest people you would ever want to meet.

Except in the eyes of God, same sex and same marriage is wrong.

I do believe in god, and try and follow the teachings of god.

Kestra15 has a good point though ... QUOTE[i personally think the 'God doesn't approve of gays' stems from the same roots as other problems I have with parts of the Christian faith - a method of control enforced by those few who had the power to do so at the time, an outmoded concept.]QUOTE

What is wrong with this world is that everything bad goes. You can not spank your kids anymore. You can not say prayer in school etc, etc.

When I was growing up, we did not have the crime, kids killing kids or parents and all the rest of the bad stuff going on to day.

When you get away from the teachings of what is good and right in this world, you ask and bring unwanted trouble, especially when you accept any and everything.

Something to think about if you are mature enough to do so.

Heck yes! God says no! besides You lesbian girls have not seen my cowboy man!!!

haha don't you wish your boyfriend was BUILT like mine!

~Not hating on anyone Just having an opinion~

So what you're saying is that lesbians will turn straight the moment they see a man supposedly built like yours? :/

Heck yes!  God says no!  besides You lesbian girls have not seen my cowboy man!!! 

I don't think you understand what being gay is. It isn't a choice. I never chose to be lesbian, your sexuality is with you when you were born. It does not simply change like that.

I could counter your statement by saying, "You straight girls have never seen MY girl!" That doesn't sound like it would work very well, does it? That is what your statement sounds like to me.

Edited for typos.

Edited by TheDarkCynder

Wow. So many wrong assumptions here it's almost sad. No, wait, it IS sad. That's what some people think of us? That all we need to is to see your "cowboy man"?! That's insulting.

You obviously know nothing about homosexuality, so why are you even in this thread? You are free to have your own opinions of course, but when you spout crap like that, it's painfully obvious that you have no idea what being gay really *is*, so why would you come in here in the first place?

It's not as simple as "you'll see my cowboy man and think differently" or any crap like that. Would YOU fall for a girl if you saw my sexy girlfriend? No, didn't think so. Love doesn't work like that.

But...lesbians by definition wouldn't be interested in your cowboy man. And they don't have boyfriends. And their girlfriends are built like women.

Color me confused here. I've been hit on by cowboys, soldiers, football players and doctors and unless your cowboy boyfriend is the curvy, gold-eyed, redheaded woman who's sitting on my couch right now, I can't imagine what would interest me in him.

This reminds of the paper I wrote in 8th grade.

Not to hurt anyone's feelings, but from a scientific standpoint, homosexuality IS natural. In nature, there are pairs of male geese who will steal eggs and raise them as their own. For me, I take anything as natural, if they occur in nature.

I would also like to point out that I am completely straight, and have friends who are gay, and that they are some of the best people I've met.

im all for it *sorry to bring religion in a little but warning* i live with catholic people i go to a catholic school (but im atheist shhh) but if god wants you to be happy shouldnt you be able to marry the one you love? yes humans are a type of animal and to continue we have to reproduce and thats what god wants but not everyone is gonna get married and have children a ton of babies are put through abortion (kinda pointless sentence but it true) so in my perspective just marry who you love find a way smile.gif

and i saw the cutest story about gay penguins on the news they were true lovers they cleaned each other and got each other food it was so cute

Edited by DragonLoverCourtney

I'm all for gay rights.

And for those of you against it....If a group of people was against you playing with dragons on the internet, and you got it taken away just because they didn't like it....you'd be pretty mad yourself, wouldn't you?

It infuriates me to think that people should hide who they really are just because a group of people think that whatever they are is the correct thing and anyone who's even a little different is a devil's child.

If being a devil's child is what it takes to be who I really am then God, send me to hell because I'm not letting anyone's opinion change me.

TBH, it reminds me of my days in High School. I wasn't allowed to be "popular" because I wasn't large chested, in a cheerleading squad, with 10 layers of makeup and I wore glasses which apparently was "out of the question"

I believe love is love. You love a person for WHO they are, not WHAT they are. Or maybe you just have different sexual preferences and prefer to do the dew with certain types of people. Maybe masculine, tall, dark haired, large men is what interests a guy somewhere. Or curvaceous, dark, curly haired women is what interests a girl somewhere. But who are you to say what other people is allowed to like or dislike?

And if we're going at this politically...If gays can't have rights...neither should women. Why don't we just revert back to the days where women weren't allowed to leave their houses, and African-Americans were all slaves?

And I'm sorry if what I just said offended anyone. I'm not for slavery AT ALL so don't take it the wrong way. Just attempting to make a point.

Edited by MissNoShame

Ick, ew no, keep it away from me D8 You don't know what God says anyways, please.

And I don't have a boyfriend, so....no? I'll sing it the way the song was actually written ;D

That wasn't an opinion |D

mad.gif No one on earth CHOSE to be gay, lesbian, bisexual, whatever they are. It's just how they are, and if you can't accept that, get off this thread.

mad.gif No one on earth CHOSE to be gay, lesbian, bisexual, whatever they are. It's just how they are, and if you can't accept that, get off this thread.

This is a debate thread, we shouldn't be trying to kick anyone out.

Heck yes! God says no! besides You lesbian girls have not seen my cowboy man!!! haha don't you wish your boyfriend was BUILT like mine! ~Not hating on anyone Just having an opinion~

On what are you basing the idea that "God says no"? Also, ugh, boys. I went through hell trying to make myself straight, it didn't work.

This is a debate thread, we shouldn't be trying to kick anyone out.

Sorry. I was just angry and all I meant is that he has to accept that not everyone is heterosexual, or else he shouldn't be posting here.

Sorry. I was just angry and all I meant is that he has to accept that not everyone is heterosexual, or else he shouldn't be posting here.

No one has to accept it. This is a debate thread -- if everyone agrees, there is no debate. She is perfectly allowed her opinion.

So what you're saying is that lesbians will turn straight the moment they see a man supposedly built like yours? :/

not exactly but it might! not hating on lesbians or gays you feel the way you do. thats fine.

If a woman or a man is interested in partners of both genders, they're bisexual, not homosexual. And no matter what your orientation, it's gross to make a move on someone else's partner.

I'd rather not see how a man is built, because that either means he's coming on to me or that I was cheating.

So, please keep your man. I'll keep my girl when I find her.

I'm guessing all the straight guys in the world haven't seen your boyfriend either tongue.gif .

I am sorry, but "God says no" is an invalid argument in a country that claims religious freedom. This can be a basis for your opinion, and it is perfectly within your rights to decide your opinion. However, please, please don't try deny people rights due to a religion you may not share. If you don't, that is fine. Your opinion is your own.

But...lesbians by definition wouldn't be interested in your cowboy man. And they don't have boyfriends. And their girlfriends are built like women.

Color me confused here. I've been hit on by cowboys, soldiers, football players and doctors and unless your cowboy boyfriend is the curvy, gold-eyed, redheaded woman who's sitting on my couch right now, I can't imagine what would interest me in him.

i was thinking the same thing. LOL

though even if i was straight i would not be attracted to a cowboy type. xd.png i'm more attracted to interesting looking and abnormal people.

I'm guessing all the straight guys in the world haven't seen your boyfriend either tongue.gif .

I am sorry, but "God says no" is an invalid argument in a country that claims religious freedom. This can be a basis for your opinion, and it is perfectly within your rights to decide your opinion. However, please, please don't try deny people rights due to a religion you may not share. If you don't, that is fine. Your opinion is your own.

The country that claims religious freedom was based on the christian religion. People came to get away from religious persecution. I respect other peoples belief i was just stating my opinion. sorry if i offended anyone. xd.png