St. Jimmy

Where's your name from?

Zovesta is the three year old's version of Silvesta, the female version of Sylvester. =V And it's stayed with me since.

It's my name in real life. Has been since birth. My parents got it from the movie "Hawaii" based on the James Michener novel. Interesting side note: the character they named me after was played by Julie Andrews, whose voice I have always adored (and I am a singer).

I happen to like the Jedi from Star Wars and our house # is 40 so you get Jedi40 but I like to go by just Jedi.

My username is usually IceSW. Ice is just sth I randomly picked one day. SW is short for my designated "last name", which has been butchered into various things from various people including:

shortwater <-What? No!

software <- xd.png

Aww, that's so sweet and sad, Chickn Thief. Did you call the authorities on these people?

Oh, and can you fix your settings so that one doesn't have to scroll back and forth to read your post? Thanks.

And, while I think from what some people have said that many people think my user name means Classy Gal, it actually a take on classical because I'm a sometimes classical pianist.

Edited by Classycal

Ice means that i like cold places

Claw means that i like monsters/animals/etc. a lot, and i mean A LOT

935 doesn't mean anything

Felicityluff was merged from my pen name, 'Felicity Taylor', and 'love'. I first created this username on some old website when I found that the name 'Felicity' was taken; so I slapped in the 'luff' part. Eventually I got so used to the name that Felicityluff became the username I frequenlty use on most sites I've signed up on. The only exceptions are on FanfictionNet and Valenth, where I use my full pen name. c:

Oh, and while my username is based on my pen name, my pen name is based on my real name. It's a chained link. xd.png

I was learning about the Greek and Roman gods when I first made this username on some different websites. Pluto is the Roman name, Hades is the Greek name.

A different way of spelling my first name, nick name which is Kirst. Eventually one of my friends came up with a greeting she'd always say to me

"Hows that Curse, I Cursed you with, Kirst?" So Kirst changed into Kursed and I just Added Fire cause Its my fave element and it sounds cool

Kursedfire

I like the band Disturbed but I didn't want to sound like a total fangirl so I added Chic which seemed a little more unique and yet still girly.

I've used it as a user name in other places off and on for at least 7-10 years.

Aww, that's so sweet and sad, Chickn Thief. Did you call the authorities on these people?

Oh, and can you fix your settings so that one doesn't have to scroll back and forth to read your post? Thanks.

And, while I think from what some people have said that many people think my user name means Classy Gal, it actually a take on classical because I'm a sometimes classical pianist.

I did not, but I did let them know that neither I, nor anyone I knew, would ever shop with them again. And I knew a LOT of people haha. I'm sure they lost a lot of business.

I have called the authorities on another feedstore though. You wouldn't believe the carnage :'( The neglect was so distubing. And that time it wasn't a single hen, it was around 500 chicks. I originally went in there to check out what breeds they had and maybe take a couple home. There was a tub in the middle of the floor with maybe 20 Rhode Island Red chicks. All seemed well, but I asked if they had any more chicks because I wasn't particularly interested in bring home more RIRs. He nodded and led me to the back where there were 2 industrial sized brooders, stuffed to capacity with day olds. There were so many in there that several chicks had been pushed up against the heat lamp and burned to death. Others had been dead for so long that their bodies were being crushed into the chicken wire under the feet of the other chicks. Around 75% of them had fecal matter crusted onto their rear ends in such a way that they were blocked up and their wastes couldn't excape their body (this is 100% fatal if left untreated).

I have only been so angry a few times in my life. After about 5 minutes of assessing the situation, I turned on the man and let him have it. I probably yelled a good five minutes before I demanded that he bring me a bucket of warm water. I spent a good 5 or 6 hours clearing blocked chicks, removing dead ones, and checking over the seemingly healthy ones. I took home 50 of the worst ones in hopes I could save them (free of charge of course. No way in censorkip.gif was I going to pay for half dead chicks). Before I left I got the name of the man and the name of the manager and assured them that they had not seen the last of me.

That night I called the authorities and they sent someone over the next morning. The lady called me back after she left and informed me that everything seemed fine. Suspicious, I asked her what they had shown her. All they showed her was the tub of RIRs. They denied having any other birds on the premises! I met her back at the feedstore and we went in together. I led her straight to the back and showed her the brooders, as well as pictures I had taken the day before. She shut them down on the spot. I later heard that the owner lost his business license.

Of the 50 I took home, only 37 survived. But all of them managed to find good homes smile.gif I even kept a pretty little Buff Polish for myself and named her Silly.

That building is now a BBQ diner. Now THAT was a victory laugh.gif

My username? It's actually fairly new.

I'm mostly known as Koneko, which is Japanese for kitten, and I still use it in some variant WAY more often than I do my other two online 'names'.

The name 'Agent-of-Truth', or some version thereof, first took off when I infiltrated a PETA forum out of boredom/curiosity. I took on the name as I'd hoped to learn the truth about this group and the people who were a part of it. And I did learn... hoo boy did I learn...

Unfortunately, the forum was shut down before I could get contact information from the few like-minded people I met there. However, the name lived on, and I made a DeviantArt account with it.

Decided to use it here because I needed a change of pace.

My name here is the name you'll probably see me using just about anywhere else on the net; 'Tamagakure'. Its origin has long since been lost to me, and so I can only say that it was spawned somewhere within the depths of my imagination.

(I still think that I should've gone with 'Jormundgandr' for this site instead of the typical...)

As per my actual name, I share the name of Alexander with the famed Roman leader. The translation, as I've discovered, identifies with me quite well; Guardian (of Mankind).

Edited by Tamagakure

Mine's from Warriors, obviously. RiverClan is my favorite Clan from the books.

My given name means "Ruler of the elves" in some lanuage... Scottish I think. (I'm not Scottish. I've never even been to Scotland.) It's also the title of a Bread song I like.

Edited by HawktalonOfRiverClan

Stogucheme was this password-ish thing that this website made up when I wanted to upload something. I liked it, so I took it.

As for my given name...I'm named after a country that I really don't like. At least it kicked the butt of a country I hate even more...

@ChicknThief: you are an awesome person. user posted image

Gads...part of my name goes back to the 80's when I first got online. (yeah...I'm OLD. xd.png ) My first online fandom was Forever Knight. On the writing listserv, there was a yearly ficwar. Everyone who participated had to pick a "faction" that that suported one of the main characters (unless you couldn't choose...the Mercenaries would take anyone happily...or screaming for that matter..wink.gif ) I tended to lean between two of the...The Ravenettes and the Mercs.

Later, when I joined the old Rysher Highlander forum and needed to think of a name that wasn't taken...or had anything close to it (we had rules about that to keep confusion down) so I swiped from my previous fandom and became RavenMerc.

On Rysher, the fan groups had "clans" and I joined the MacFrus (we had a no flame policy that I still mostly stick to) and became RavenMerc MacFru. Which was a heck of a lot to type out every time I posted something, which we had to back then.

After that came Firefly fandom and I decided to join fireflyfans.net but decided on a shortened version of my now lenghty handle...and I typoed. user posted image And was stuck with it. Since then I've gone to a few more Firefly related sites and kept that typo for the sake of recognition...and for me not forgetting which sets of initials went where.

So, when a fellow Firefly fan got me hooked on DC, this version of my name came along with me.

@ChicknThief: you are an awesome person. user posted image

Aw shucks wub.gif I just love cluckers too much to have left em there to die. That's all smile.gif

Silri is a name I got from a Star Wars character. She's a Nightsister, a faction of Force Witches on the planet Dathomir. Not that I particularly like the character herself or anything... I know that's not very creative, but I really liked the name. And I'm a huge Star Wars nut. (Probably a little more Star Wars info than most wanted to know tongue.gif).

My actual name seems to be derived from the flower alyssum, or so wikipedia tells me. (And we all know how reliable wikipedia can be.) Apparently the Greek meaning for the word is 'not insane'.

...... Good to know! I'm sure my roommates would disagree with that, but who cares about them.

The meaning for my name that I learned when I was a kid came from the German language: truth. I think I like that meaning more, so I'm going to go with that. Even if the alyssum flowers are pretty.

Well, Xyzaq came out of no where. Plus I liked the Xyz thing going on. xd.png

My given name, Grace, is apparently of Latin origin, and basically means favor; blessing. (Actually my given name is Graciela, but the only people who ever call me that are my parents when they're mad and my adorable grandparents.)

My middle name is Thalia - my parents told me they got this from Greek mythologhy, as she is apparently one of the three Graces. Apparently, she's also the Muse of Comedy. Interesting, yeah?

My forum username is a combination of the fact I'm from the prairies, and I love orcas.

My scroll username - Fallaryn - is a name I made up in 2003 while roleplaying on Neopets, although it took many years before I started using the name on Neopets. My original pronunciation is different from what everyone else pronounces it as.

People say "Fall-uh-rin" and sometimes "Fall-ar (as in "are")-in". One guy pronounced it as "Fall-uh-run". I pronounce it as "FA (as in screaming "ahh!")-la-rin", but in contradiction the nickname is Fall (as in the word "fall").