Branwen84

Tea

Oh my god. Tea. I love it!

I drink mostly green tea, pretty light, but I also like black tea :3

I love tea. I grew up with tea. I currently have in my collection:

- Jasmine Silver Needle white tea, along with regular silver needle white.

- Some earl grey white tea

- Jasmine dragon pearls(green), regular jasmine green tea, and some jasmine green tea tied in butterfly shapes

- Japanese green teas

- Rose-scented and Jasmine-scented yunnan black teas

- Several herbal tisanes, including a sleepytime blend, crysanthemum, and multiple fruit bleds

- Flavored milk oolong tea

I'm currently in the market for an excellent keemun or yunnan black tea and a good small raw puerh cake to drink and store, but I promised myself I won't buy anything until the big sale holiday season, so around christmas or chinese new year.

sad.gif But I want moooore

The only tea I've ever really loved is a nice cold glass of sweet tea with lemon in it. I love Japanese stuff and have tried some of there teas and I just can't seem to like it. I've tried putting honey in it and stuff but it just won't work.

Is there a Japanese tea that is sweet? Can someone recommend something?

The only tea I've ever really loved is a nice cold glass of sweet tea with lemon in it. I love Japanese stuff and have tried some of there teas and I just can't seem to like it. I've tried putting honey in it  and stuff but it just won't work.

Is there a Japanese tea that is sweet? Can someone recommend something?

There are some bottled green Japanese teas that are sweetened. You might do well with those. You can search for them on Amazon or find them in an Asian food/ anime store (online or in person), or sometimes stores like Big Lots carry specialty brands. I'm pretty sure if you search Japanese green tea something will come up.

I know it's hard getting used to tea that isn't sweetened. I'm in Florida now, but I lived in North Carolina for a long time and whenever I ordered an iced tea, it came sweet (which is what I liked). Down in Florida, I have to specify that I want sweet tea and places that I go don't always have it.

While I love sweet tea, I drink mostly hot tea. Sometimes I add cream or milk, but most of the time I drink it on its own. Green and chai are my favorites. I also like trying different herbal teas.

Edited by Jazeki

I have so much tea. Currently, my favorite black tea is Irish Breakfast,favorite green tea is matcha (I like making lattes out of it), favorite white tea is white raspberry tea. Rooibos tea with almond milk and a little bit of vanilla is great!

Currently have Twinnings strawberry and mango tea. I prefer having it iced tea though to be honest whereas most teas I am good with either hot or cold.

WE HAVE A TEA THREAD WHAT WE HAVE A TEA THREAD WHAT WHAT WHEN WHERE

Ahem. I'm sorry. I'm rather passionate about my tea. biggrin.gif

Currently, my favorite tea is probably the Republic of Tea's Ginger Peach black tea. I drink it with a bit of milk and a teaspoon of brown sugar. Most of my favorite teas are black or rooibos, though I have been known to sample greens, whites, and herbals (usually raspberry leaf, which is kind of gross but good for you). In fact, I think I'm going to go make some tea now. Om nom nom.

I like tea. I like iced teas and hot tea, but not so much liking of green or the chai things. mI drink it sweetened, no milk and rarely with lemon or alcohol added. I started drinking tea as a child with milk and sugar. Mom liked to brew pots of tea on fall and winter days and we children had to have milk added. I wasn't all that fond of milky tea. I prefered plain orange pekoe and constant comet as an elementary school kid. I then found English Breakfast and Earl Gray.

Toast, cinnamon toast, scones, biscuits-American style or English aka cookies with it are great.

wink.gif Tea lovers who are also book lovers might like Laura Childs Tea Shoppe Murder Mysteries. Great recipes, fun stories and ideas for teas.

I quite like tea, especially in the mornings. I used to have Earl Grey with a bit of milk and honey in the morning, but now I've switched over to Green Tea (actually, it's green tea "with lemon ginseng flavor") with no milk or honey. It's actually quite fragrant and good.

Best tea I've ever had though? Celestial Seasonings "Apple Cinnamon Spice" mmmmmmmmm.......I love the smell of cinnamon, so it was heaven for me. I've tried recreating it with actual cinnamon in my tea, but it's just not the same.

I drink tea every day.

My favorites are

Sadaf in the red box

Sadaf in the green box

Green jasmine

Assam

Lipton Black Pearl

my absolute favorite:

Thai Iced Tea

I've always loved ice tea or sweet tea. Specifically Arizona ice tea.

I drink green tea every morning, and have fully substituted my old morning dose of coffee with it. It surprised me how Tea seemed to wake me up more effectively then caffeine, but luckily, it does. I now have my morning tea at 6AM before I start work, and while still drowsy for a while, it's still a far cry better then being wired and feeling like the walking dead, then hitting the caffine low I'm sure a lot of you are familiar with.

Which is not to say I don't like coffee any more. I still have one every odd day, just a moccacino or a latte, instead of those espressos that I chugged every morning.

I used to drink tea a lot, then for some reason black tea started to really upset my stomach when I drank it. I drink black tea rarely and coffee more.

But I will drink green teas and herbal infusions. I like lemon teas, orange teas or fruity teas. I can't actually remember if I drink black tea with sugar. I don't think so. I think I suddenly thought it tasted blegh and went off sugar. That was not long before it started to turn my stomach. I will usually add milk to my tea. I miss tea. I loved it.

I will often make teas - infusions with other things. Typically if I am ill a mix of honey, fresh lemon and ginger. fenugreek seeds to make a nice soothing, stomach settling head clearing cold medicine. I use this if I am at work because I need a clear head that is not fogged with cold meds.

I have Meyer Lemon tea in my cupboard.

I have a cup of black tea every morning with 3 teaspoons of sugar and a splash of milk. Twinings is my favorite brand though I'll drink almost any of them. Irish or Earl Grey will do in a pinch but they aren't something I want to drink every day. Not really a fan of the flavored teas.

I'm a big fan of sweet tea as long as it's fresh brewed and there is LOTS of ice. With lemon, without lemon, doesn't matter biggrin.gif

The tea I tasted that smelled bad, and tasted as bad as it smelled was some monkey picked oolong tea. Sort of smelled... like it was picked with a dirty monkey hand... (I am trying to be polite) I like their youthberry. But as I said earlier, I like fruity.

I'm fondest of, Twinings Earl Grey, Darjeeling, Lap Sang. I started ordering loose from Adagio teas and got a earl grey they call, Earl Grey Moonlight. It has bits of citrus (orange) and vanilla in it. It's very tasty.

As far as mixing tea with things, I started baking my own bread this year and went looking to see if anyone had tried mixing tea into it. They had!. So far the one everyone seems to like is Chamomile + something. And I've been using honey to sweeten it instead of sugar. Makes very nice toast. <3

But here's my sadly neglected blog post on making it: Tea Bread

Not a fan of hot tea, I prefer coffee. I do enjoy ice tea (Arizona green tea.)

But here's my sadly neglected blog post on making it: Tea Bread

rolls around the thread. I must try this tea bread sometime. sounds great!

I don't like tea of any kind, except certain Brisk flavors where I can't taste the tea at all!

Licorice Spice tea is amazingly amazing. I like Chai, but I don't like caffeine... I like a lot of various fruit/peppermint teas, as well.