Branwen84

Tea

I love tea! I mostly drink black or oolong varieties, but I also have a decent collection of white and green teas. I also have some pu-erh teas, though I have to be in the right mood for that. (Something not helped by the fact that it sometimes me the mother of all headaches. Aleve isn't usually a standard tea condiment.)

I love iced tea. However, for hot teas, I love Earl Grey, English Breakfast and Darjeeling. Black tea with orange is another favorite, as is tea with lemon.

I can't stand coffee..

Hmm... I'm really into black teas, especially english breakfast and earl grey. I also adore jasmine and chrysanthemum, and I do love genmaicha and normal green tea. I'm not one for fruity or herbal varieties usually.

I wish you people could show me how to prepare tea in a way that makes it actually taste as good as you seem to think it does. Tea is gross. And coffee isn't much better unless it's mixed with a bit of hot chocolate.

I drink a lot of green tea through out the day. It's really good for you and I like the taste. I also love sweet tea or ice tea. tongue.gif

I wish you people could show me how to prepare tea in a way that makes it actually taste as good as you seem to think it does. Tea is gross. And coffee isn't much better unless it's mixed with a bit of hot chocolate.

Well... sometimes you just can't like something, but here goes:

-With green tea, don't heat the water completely to boiling. That will make it very bitter.

-I find that a teaspoonful of tea is good with a cup of water, BUT that changes with the tea. Boxes of tea usually have instructions that will help you out with that. Tea strength comes with practice, you learn what you like after a while.

-Black tea is really good with some milk and sugar or honey, or just one of the two. It lessens the bitter taste and gives you a sweeter drink, which might be better if you're not used to tea.

-Don't leave tea bags in, it will make the tea way too bitter after a while.

-Good tea leaves make good tea. I really like Harney & Sons teas, but Trader Joe's also sells good tea for less, if there are those in your area.

I prefer nothing in my tea unless its ice tea then I like a little sweetener.

I like all sorts of teas. Right now I'm all into oolang and herbal teas.

Meh. I want tea now.

Milk tea and Chrysanthemum tea, both with lots of sugar. : D I mostly drink Chinese teas with my family, I'm not sure what most of the english names are.

Well... sometimes you just can't like something, but here goes:

-With green tea, don't heat the water completely to boiling. That will make it very bitter.

-I find that a teaspoonful of tea is good with a cup of water, BUT that changes with the tea. Boxes of tea usually have instructions that will help you out with that. Tea strength comes with practice, you learn what you like after a while.

-Black tea is really good with some milk and sugar or honey, or just one of the two. It lessens the bitter taste and gives you a sweeter drink, which might be better if you're not used to tea.

-Don't leave tea bags in, it will make the tea way too bitter after a while.

-Good tea leaves make good tea. I really like Harney & Sons teas, but Trader Joe's also sells good tea for less, if there are those in your area.

The quality of the tea is very important, I agree. Most generic tea bags are made from the leftover bits after all of the good stuff is sent off. Also, you can try different types. I find oolongs and lady grey to be a much milder taste, and mint in with teas (such as green tea mint) can help remove some of the bitterness.

I only drink Rooibos tea or aka Bush tea.

Also I only drink it in the winter with milk and sugar happy.gif

Rooibos tea works well in ice tea's but I never make any cause mine never come out good

I do drink coffee but once a week or so

I drink a LOT of iced tea. If it's hot tea I usually prefer an herbal tea like chamomile or something to slow me down a bit. Something that helps me sleep or relaxes me some so I can at least try to sleep.

Coffee is bitter, I agree. Love the smell of it, though.

As for preparation, lazy me rubs two-three leaves over a cup of hot water (not too hot for green, near-boiling for black) and covers the cup with a dish. Steep for a minute or two, stir to settle down the tea leaves and drink. With a cookie, if one presents itself - but, generally, a carbohydrates-free stint at a hospital had got me used to unsweetened tea (sweet one now feels like syrup, with hardly a taste of tea in it. heh, I've been eating tonnes of sugar in my tea before...)

I drink a LOT of iced tea. If it's hot tea I usually prefer an herbal tea like chamomile or something to slow me down a bit. Something that helps me sleep or relaxes me some so I can at least try to sleep.

And I shock people by asking for hot tea in 30+ temperatures biggrin.gif

Edited by Snowwall

And I shock people by asking for hot tea in 30+ temperatures biggrin.gif

I drink hot tea year-round. xd.png

Bad things happen when I drink anything with caffeine.....LOL. That's why I try to stick more with the herbal teas. Coffee and me is just a nightmare....it keeps me up for days.

Hope is this isn’t considered necro’ing …

But I love tea! Currently drinking Stash’s “Christmas in Paris” tea, it is so yummy ^^

I used to really not like tea, until I started learning how to brew it better and started getter better tea. Horrid memories of Lipton tea, blech.

I like lots of types of tea, but only with sugar/if it's fruity. Especially boba tea 💜

I'm a little bit of a tea snob, I can't put milk in my tea so I have to rely on the really flavorful ones. My favorites for the summer are Jasmin ice tea, and barley tea. I have a giant 1lb canister of fresh Jasmin from China I found at my local Asian mart and I've been making huge gallon batches to drink during the week at work.

As an international student in England and the owner of a tea-based username I feel like I am required to post here. However...

confession: I don't usually drink tea. 

I do like peppermint and was gifted a box of green/peppermint from Whittard of Chelsea which is pretty bomb. Also, peppermint tea and honey is like magic for a sore throat. But... I dunno I just usually stick to cold drinks. I do very much enjoy a strong iced lemon iced tea and have acquired some Strawberry and Watermelon iced tea from Whittard which I enjoy. Does anybody have some good recipes or favorite flavors of iced tea?

I'm also curious: if you sweeten your tea, what do you sweeten it with? Sugar, honey, sweeteners... something else?

I don't know if the translation exists, but my favorite tea is "Jardin Bleu", so "Blue Garden" in english. The description is "A blend of non-smoked black teas from China and Ceylon teas. Pleasantly flavoured with rhubarb, and wild strawberries. Sprinkled with flower petals." There are a lot of samples of Dammann Tea (I really don't know if it's a well known brand outside of France) at my workplace, but I always choose this one. 

@EarlGreyGlitch I use to sweeten it with brown or regular sugar, but as I drink tea regularly I thought it was best to stop. 😅

It's not my imagination that the old standard brands for iced tea like Lipton have decreased in quality and are more bitter, is it?

despite being a lipton ice tea fiend, i took a large break from it, and when i came back to it recently i do think i noticed it to taste a bit different :o but maybe it depends on location too, i'm french.

im kind of an animal when it comes to real teas infortunately. i take my dad's earl grey and i make a super concentrated solution, and then pour two cups of milk and tons of sugar in it, and that's my cold milk tea... i'm such a lightweight the low amounts of thein and the high amounts of sugar are enough to wake me up. coffee works too well on me, i have a shaking anxiety attack when i drink it. took two months of "huh, i wonder why my anxiety always comes crashing down two hours after waking up, must be the inescapable fate of my brain ??" for me to figure that one out....

i'm much more normal about my herbal teas though. my favorite mix has orange flower, vanilla and chamomile. i "just" have to dump two sugar cubes in it every time. :D

My favorite tea as of late has been green tea, specifically sencha. The processed tea leaves are infused whole, as opposed to the powdered leaves of matcha. I've never tried matcha, myself. The closest thing to matcha that I've ever tried was an outrageously green ice cream in a Beijing McDonald's... I didn't like it very much.

I have a whole box of teas from a fancy brand that I haven't tried yet. Some of the ingredient lists are a bit offputting. I'm sure a teaspoonful of honey will sweeten the deal.

0x08, you just reminded me to go get myself some of that green tea i had a few years ago from a little shop i found at a renaissance faire.... if you do enough homework you're technically allowed to spend money as a reward afterwards right ? 😌

what ingredients feel offputting to you ? for my birthday i got a box full of herbal teas. i'm not sure if it's the oatflower or the chamomile or the anise, but whenever i open that box i get a headache. it's probably the anise. it's the only smell i can recognize in that mess, at any rate.

@hanniballecter

I actually went to check because it's been a minute... I found kiwi and cucumber in one of the fancy green teas. And flower petals! I kind of want to try one of these again now.