Branwen84

Tea

Oh, yeah, I really don't like sweet tea. I never have anything in my tea except, well, tea. hah

I swear, the best teas are the caffeinated ones. Dammit, I have class in the morning. Butbut teeeeaaaaaa ;_;

omg, I had no choice but to join the discussion! Tea is my life xd.png I ADORE it! (although because of a severe stomach flu, that I have been struggling with the past month and is still ongoing, I haven't had my favourite tea TT_TT)

Well yeah, my all time fave is the english tea with sugar and honey AND milk of course biggrin.gif I LOVE it! I usually have Typhoo or PGtips smile.gif and stew it for a little longer than recommended hehe biggrin.gif

I loovve love love straight green tea. Other kinds of hot tea aren't really my thing usually. Then there's always sweet tea tongue.gif

I loovve love love straight green tea. Other kinds of hot tea aren't really my thing usually. Then there's always sweet tea tongue.gif

hahah I know what you mean xd.png but what kind of green tea? That is something that has always confused me xd.png is it like japanese green tea, or mint tea or is it herbal tea x3 I know, maybe a stupid question, but I've always called mint tea "green" tea xd.png

hahah I know what you mean xd.png but what kind of green tea? That is something that has always confused me xd.png is it like japanese green tea, or mint tea or is it herbal tea x3 I know, maybe a stupid question, but I've always called mint tea "green" tea xd.png

Japanese green tea. Sometimes I'll get the kind that has a berry flavoring or something but usually I just get regular ol' green tea leaves and brew it loose leaf.

Japanese green tea. Sometimes I'll get the kind that has a berry flavoring or something but usually I just get regular ol' green tea leaves and brew it loose leaf.

oooh! I've always wanted to try good ol' Japanese tea smile.gif Might do that now biggrin.gif

The best green tea I ever had was in a Japanese sushi bar. Not the American kind, a really GOOD sushi bar. With real sushi. You know what I mean, there's a difference ;P and they brought it out in one of those really cool little Japanese teapots and tiny cup, OH MY GOSH it was amazing <3 true story. wink.gif

Milo's Tea!

It's a southern thing, I think. It's definitely the best. No preservatives, and I think they use brown sugar? Maybe that's what makes it so good.

Tea <3 I love tea. I drink at least two cups every day.~ <3 I actually have a whole 2' x 10' cabinet filled with different kinds.~

My current favorite is Lemon Zinger.~ (Though I'm not sure what brand it is.) It's sooo good <3

I'll drink tea straight or with a teaspoon of sugar and a touch of honey. I usually don't drink it sweeter than this - otherwise I can't taste the tea. Although it's pretty damn good without anything in it, as well.

I've yet to find a tea I don't like, although I'm not a huge fan of oolong. I also despise any tea if someone adds milk to it - it disgusts me. ;A;

I love lemon grass tea. And chamomila as well. My "good night tea" is a mix of lemon grass and chamomile tea. It can make you sleep like a baby!

A Chinese restaurant in my town serves corn tea. It sounds kind of weird, but it's so good. It's a pretty golden color and it tastes sweet and... corny. Like biting into a fresh ear of corn but with all the comfort of tea. I wish I could find it for sale because I'd love to have some at home.

My favorite tea to have at home is Licorice Spice. It's got a lovely strong anise flavor and it makes my whole throat feel good.

...Okay I'm seriously going to go make some tea now.

Edit: Made tea. Drank tea. Mmmmm.

Edited by arula

I only recently began to enjoy tea. I prefer it when it is made by kettle, but I've made it in the microwave or gotten it from a place like Starbucks.

Edited by clara954

More than 3 teas a day could kill u like u drank any alcohol.

That's what my doctor told me after blood test :/

So, I cut it down to 2 a day and lots of water. My liver return to normal now.

I think that has to be personnel to you and whatever condition you may be in, because if such a claim were true then half of the UK would be decimated by now.

And Clara...in a microwave? Really? Eww...

Agreeing with Kestra that this must be an issue personal to you. I've actualy had a bunch of blood tests recently (the only thing that came up with was a Vitamin D deficiency - seems my body must not process it properly as I actuly work outdoors most of the time) and there was no mention of tea being harmful to me. And given that I drink at least six cups a day, if not more, you really think they would have done if it was tea itself that's harmful to all humanity.

I loved English Breakfast Tea with cream and sugar when I was in the UK as a student. When I visited one of the host familys several years later they still remembered that I was the one who drank lots of tea laugh.gif . Everytime I came home at my place I brought some tea with me but it never tasted that good at home. The water is different, the milk/cream too. dry.gif

At home I don't drink so much tea. Here I prefer fennel tea with anis and caraway in it and I still try to find the right English Tea sort that matchs with the water here.

At the moment I am looking for Turkish Apple Tea. I had wonderful apple tea when I was in the Turkey some years ago and when I was in a Turkish restaurant lately. Is there anything special in it I have to look for to find the right sort? Hmm, I guess I will visit the Turkish store this afternoon.

my sisters name is Tea ;D but it's pronouns Teya...

I love tea too ;D I drink it every day at the morning before i go to school. I like winter tea most. It's a mixture of cinnamon, some other arom things, dog rose berry and some other christmasy&wintery berrys.

I like almost every sort of tea, but my favorite would be yuzu tea. (Called yuja tea where I live)

It's made from a fruit from the citron family, you coat it with sugar or honey and keep it in a jar like this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Korean.tea-Yujacha-02.jpg

You pour the thing into hot water, and voila! Instant tea.

Basically orange marmalade in hot water, really. It's my favorite winter drink.

A Chinese restaurant in my town serves corn tea.  It sounds kind of weird, but it's so good.  It's a pretty golden color and it tastes sweet and... corny.  Like biting into a fresh ear of corn but with all the comfort of tea.  I wish I could find it for sale because I'd love to have some at home.

Well, corn tea can be found in our country as well, I'm hoping this is the method the Chinese restaurant use to make corn tea (after all we are neighboring countries), it might be different though, but here's the method-

You get some corn kernels, dry them thoroughly and then roast it until it turns golden/golden brown, and after that you brew it with hot water until it turns the same color as beer(i.e pale yellow). Then you strain it and throw away the kernels, although this isn't necessary. You can add some sugar in it if you want to make it sweeter, though I personally prefer it w/o sugar.

Good luck!

Edited by ylangylang

@ ylangylang: That stuff is amazing, haha. There was this girl on exchange once, and she brought some of that citron tea for us to try - apart from the peels and nuts in it, it was pretty tasty.

@ Beastrider: Yes! Turkish Apple tea is amazing. It's funny 'cause I was just in a tea store today when some ladies were talking about it. Apparently it's the tourists who love it and the locals don't really drink it that much. XD If you're looking, perhaps try T2? They sell a Turkey Apple tisane which tastes nice though it's really sugary.

I love both tea and coffee. :) I prefer the loose leaf teas over teabags, though by default I usually drink English Breakfast. Stores like T2 makes trying tea really fun. Love the exotic flavours and combinations. <3

@ ylangylang: That stuff is amazing, haha. There was this girl on exchange once, and she brought some of that citron tea for us to try - apart from the peels and nuts in it, it was pretty tasty.

You can always choose to eat the peels, but you can always choose not to biggrin.gif I always eat the peels, though. Especially when I've come down with a cold..

@ Beastrider: Yes! Turkish Apple tea is amazing. It's funny 'cause I was just in a tea store today when some ladies were talking about it. Apparently it's the tourists who love it and the locals don't really drink it that much. xd.png If you're looking, perhaps try T2? They sell a Turkey Apple tisane which tastes nice though it's really sugary.

It's a pitty, but there is no T2 store where I live. sad.gif

But I guess I will get the real turkish apple tea in the turkish store we have in town.