Branwen84

Tea

Is there a Japanese tea that is sweet? Can someone recommend something?

Sweet Matcha Green Tea Powder might do the trick for you. You can find it at Rishi teas online.

Licorice Spice tea is amazingly amazing.

I've never heard of Licorice Spice tea before but I am going to find it and try it. It sounds great.

I drink normal tea, with suger, and milk........... it is very good, my mum says I am addicted to it xd.png

There's an AMAZING tea shop by me that sells all sorts of teas. I love going there because they have free samples, flavored sugar, and agave to boot. On top of selling a huge selection of tea, they sell tea MUGS. I take my mugs very seriously.

My favorite teas are Vanilla Chai, Chocolate Mint, and Peppermint. I like the sweeter teas smile.gif

Chai; Indian spices tea ninja.gif not as bad as it sounds...

I really like chai too! biggrin.gif

I generally like spiced teas and teas with berries in, but I also like green and rooibos too.

Tea = Cup of Joy biggrin.gif

I've had a good number of teas. Some I care for more than others. But generally, I prefer my tea unsweetened and without cream/milk. I like to let the flavor of the tea exist without any adornment. Unless I'm sick. Then I like it with honey. smile.gif

My regular, anytime tea is actually an herbal: rooibos (aka red tea). I don't even bother taking the bag or strainer out. I'm also fond of green tea. Japanese or Chinese, I like both. Like people who drink wine, an experienced drinker of tea can make out differences in the types of tea out there. smile.gif

I've come to decide that the proper way to brew tea is the way you like to drink it! There is no one correct way to brew tea, in other words. Just the way you like to drink it.

About the only tea I don't care for is Earl Grey. Just, no. The taste doesn't appeal to me. Xp

Edited by ytak

Figured I'd share a tiny spattering of links relevant to tea lovers!

Loose leaf blends, a lot of which are based off of Fandoms!

A "Hacker's Guide to Tea" for those just getting into the tea scene in general <3

Tea-related quotes, pleasant for tea-related art projects~

@ytak: Green tea is a beautiful thing! I prefer Japanese over Chinese, personally. As for rooibos, I unfortunately haven't had the pleasure yet. I'm going to the aforementioned tea shop in my previous post next weekend, so I'll be on the lookout for that.

How do you guys generally like your tea? Plain, milk, sugar, etc.? It depends on the tea for me, but I try to keep my tea as close to its original state as possible.

-casually sips plain chocolate mint black tea- Sweetener is for sissies.

Loose leaf blends, a lot of which are based off of Fandoms!

@ytak: Green tea is a beautiful thing! I prefer Japanese over Chinese, personally. As for rooibos, I unfortunately haven't had the pleasure yet. I'm going to the aforementioned tea shop in my previous post next weekend, so I'll be on the lookout for that.

How do you guys generally like your tea? Plain, milk, sugar, etc.? It depends on the tea for me, but I try to keep my tea as close to its original state as possible.

I've purchased from Adagio before. smile.gif They have lots of good stuff. I got an old work-buddy of mine addicted to tea first with jasmine green tea and I introduced her to the Samurai Sampler and the rest is history! She discovered that just because its all green tea does not mean it tastes the same.

I actually have a really, crazy good Chinese green tea. I constantly resteep the leaves. The 2nd and 3rd steepings taste the best! biggrin.gif I even took a bit and infused it with orange blossoms when my orange tree was blooming but I have yet to work up the guts to try it! lol!

I'm rather fond of Republic of Tea. I purchase their rooibos because I've found that other brands just don't taste right. I used to purchase their loose leaf and then it cost the same as the bags (which are whole needle anyway) so i switched to the bulk tea bags. tongue.gif But they have lots of good teas in bags and loose leaf. I admit that when I order from them, I usually wait until their twice a year free shipping on orders over $50. It's very easy to order that much tea. As I'm sure we all know.

Now, I like stopping at the Teavana shops in the various malls. It's a good way to sample different teas. I just wish they did not sweeten everything (seems like). My work-buddy had problems with them not charging correctly for the teas she would get there so I'd keep an eye out. But that could just be the local mall.

Interestingly, I'm not a fan of iced tea (unless you count a Long Island Iced Tea!). I just don't care for it (especially sweetened).

Edited by ytak

I'm weird when it comes to tea. I only like really sweet tea and I much preferred iced. Green tea or any kind of fruit is good. I like chamomile too, with lots of honey.

I'm more of a coffee person (obsessing over it), but from time to time I do like a nice and warm cup of tea (usually plain mint or chamomile with at least two teaspoons of sugar in it). And I really enjoy the smell of wild cherry tea while it's still in the bags, what a soothing smell! wub.gif

I love tea of all sorts. Of course I pick some selective favourites. My base is green tea, of course but sometimes I want to try others. Red tea is nice but not so much for my liking if it's regular. My favourite of all time would be jasmine tea. It's quite fragrant and soothing. Ginger tea is soothing and good especially for the soar throat.

I also tried cinnamon black tea once. It was alright. So goes for lemon soursop green tea.

Some tea that I tried but didn't like (confession of someone who is renown as a tea-lover almost anywhere) would be fruit tea... served hot. I tried Twinnings (English tea, see?) that is Mango-Strawberry flavor. I tried it hot. It was nauseating! I will trust my instincts from now on. That is, fruit teas are best served cold.

I drink tea every now and then, it makes me relax and feel comftable.

I don't like tea like earl grey or other 'dark' teas, I find them to often taste bitter, even if I put sugar in it.

However green tea or fruit tea taste wonderful and I love it! I have some rosenip-tea which I just love and my boyfriend have a jar of some delicious hibiscus tea; it's quite sour, but with a bit of sugar it is just so good! And the colour is beautiful ^^

I drink Earl Grey tea or normal black/breakfast tea. Fairly strong, 1/3 of a teaspoon of sugar, a dash of milk after everything else. No more than four cups a day, if I want tea after that I have honey and lemon and ginger :3

Nothing like a pot Earl Gray tea, with Scones, Jam, "jelly" and clotted cream, Ohh yummy...

Coffee gives me Migraines can't you tell I am from England laugh.gif

...........do I want to know what clotted cream is?

I like black teas. Yet I found the name a little confusing, for here in China we call the fermented ones red teas, only the post-fermented ones are called black teas.

Dianhong from Yunnan is excellent. Ceylon black tea is also something I greatly found of.

i'm still getting into tea, but i really like oolong's and .... i have no idea how to spell it but you pronounce it "poo-are" ?? it's fermented something or other... it's really tasty >_>

that and fruity teas. Or minty green tea with honey. ... i prefer cold teas tho xd.png

I am pretty sure my blood contains more tea than water in it. Oolongs are my favourite, but I also like gunpowder green, jasmine green, sencha green, and denmaicha green, as well as darjeeling black. I prefer loose leaf, but when I am on the go, bagged teas are easier.

Fun fact: In Australia, we often call the evening meal 'tea'. lol

Maybe people know that ^

I like a few types of tea :3 but I don't drink it as much as I'd like to.

I got some creme caramel tea for my birthday. :3