Rosedamai

November and/or January releases

Would u like September/November/January releases  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Personally, I was curious as to how many people prefer having a November/January release compared to not having one. I see discussions like this pop up often-there have been times when there was no September release either and I've seen people clamoring for one-and was wondering as to how diverse people's scroll goals were and if there was a noticeable lack of activity during those months as compared to, say, June or July when we nearly always have a release.

Thoughts?

For me it can get pretty boring-my goal is to collect one sprite each mostly-so not having a release can be frustrating.

Please don't say stuff like "you must be new" or stuff like that to me or the other participants in this discussion, it's pretty patronizing and I'd like newbies to be able to freely voice their opinion as well.

Edited by ylangylang

I would like there to be releases every month except for the holidays. There's plenty of dragons in the completed list, in the secret artist section and dragons that tj pulled from the list months ago that are waiting to be released.

I would like there to be releases every month except for the holidays. There's plenty of dragons in the completed list, in the secret artist section and dragons that tj pulled from the list months ago that are waiting to be released.

We actually used to have this a couple of years ago - first Saturday every month. But TJ got bored (or thought it got boring or something) and stopped it. Honestly I found every month a little too often, I think about every 6 weeks would be better.

But the gap from Hallloween through to March that we so often get (there have been November/January releases in the past) is too long and it does tend to stagnate a bit. So something in there would be nice.

Well it wouldn't have to be the first saturday of every month it could be a random day as long as it was every month

I remember Harvest dragons were released back in November and there was another dragon that was released (someone did mention it in another thread) Maybe having one release during the holidays would be fine if TJ allows it. Maybe we can have a release at the end of November as it would give us something to collect while we wait for the Christmas release. January would have to be in the middle of the month I suppose. It wouldn't feel right to have the release at the end of January only to have a release 2 weeks later :/

But that's just my thoughts on it

I voted it doesn't matter. On the one hand it would be nice every now and then to be surprised with a new release, but on the other hand it would become too predictable if we start expecting new releases every single month. I'm inclined to agree about the approx every 6 weeks thing. Also, just because there are no new releases out that doesn't mean the site has to be boring. In my experience, these are the months that give me more time to work on my lineage projects.

Personally I'm not in favor of this because I have so many things I need to catch up on, and I don't mean breeding. I have a long list of things I need to catch from the cave, and so on, and I look forward to the holiday season as being a little bit of a breather to try and get my collection done a bit more without worrying about more dragons to put on my list of 'things I need'.

But that's just me, and tbh when I get bored here I tend to just focus more on one of my other hobbies /shrug.

I'm not against having new releases in November/January or in September like we did this year but I'm not desperate for them either. Every holiday season has me so busy with lineage building that personally I'm not bored at all. smile.gif So to me it doesn't matter, and that's how I voted.

Personally I'm not in favor of this because I have so many things I need to catch up on, and I don't mean breeding.

Same here.

Especially with multi breed releases, I just dislike (to say the closest polite word) them. More than one breed released at the same time means trouble for me, I actually have a personal breeding project that I'll never finish, ever, and at the same time I look up for certaing CB dragons I like to collect.

I try not to miss new releases becase you never know when the next rare dragon is going to arrive, anyway, I'm just hoping there won't be a november-january, even march release. We non hunting players need to keep up with our scroll goals too.

I enjoy the time between the releases to do some lineage work and sort the holiday goodies. It is great to spend some time in the AP during this time as well and see what others are breeding to tempt me with.

I vote no on releases in November/January.

Personally, I would prefer new releases each month. Simply because there is such a large amount of Dragon's in the completed list waiting to be released.

If there were releases less often, there should, imo, be more dragons released with each release, just so that all the ones that are waiting for release aren't sat there for months and months, and possibly forgotten about when newer dragon requests are completed, ect.

I could never get bored with new dragons, I can't understand why anyone would o.O xd.png

Personally, I am grateful for the no-release period, because that's when I can catch up on my projects and do more breeding and less hunting. So my vote is no.

Overall, I'm inclined to say no, and I'm not even the sort of player that has a huge amount of lineage projects going on. Maybe a dozen at my most ambitious, but that's still time consuming, and I like the breather we get during Event Season where I have space to do my own thing, as well as having the room to try breeding things for other people without having to worry about remembering that, whoops, I'm still egg-locked from the new release. Monthly release is just slightly too often for the way I play sad.gif.

I must admit that personally I would welcome a break from the monthly releases in order to concentrate fully on my own lineages and of course Holiday projects.

I find these multiple new breeds each month very tiring and time consuming and have little time left for my own projects and I don't have a particularly high scroll goal of CB dragons.

Thus a break until March, if indeed that is what we are going to have, would really be welcomed by me. I appreciate fully that other people might not like that - as with all things it's impossible, of course, to please everyone.

From me it's a resounding NO.

I like to breed holiday checkers, and between Halloween and Valentine's I'm usually frantically busy to get the last missing mates together that I need for Christmas or Valentine's, respectively (and help others do it).

Then there is the Halloween event, the Christmas event, the Valentine's event. Between Christmas and New Year I'm usually busy with offline things. (spending time with familiy and friends, mostly)

And between Christmas and mid-March is the only period to get Winters from breedings, so that's another thing using up eggslots during that time. (With the fist days of January and a good part of February being occupied by the holiday stuff.)

Add to that my tendency to find it really boring if releases are reduced to a once-every-few-weeks standard procedure, and to get loads and loads of new dragons without really having time to do something with them, and you'll understand why I'm happy with some longer pauses between them.

And just to mention it: Why are some people talking about going "without new dragons" between September and March ? Halloween, Christmas and Vanlentine's bring a new dragon, each.

From me it's a resounding NO.

I like to breed holiday checkers, and between Halloween and Valentine's I'm usually frantically busy to get the last missing mates together that I need for Christmas or Valentine's, respectively (and help others do it).

Then there is the Halloween event, the Christmas event, the Valentine's event. Between Christmas and New Year I'm usually busy with offline things. (spending time with familiy and friends, mostly)

And between Christmas and mid-March is the only period to get Winters from breedings, so that's another thing using up eggslots during that time. (With the fist days of January and a good part of February being occupied by the holiday stuff.)

Add to that my tendency to find it really boring if releases are reduced to a once-every-few-weeks standard procedure, and to get loads and loads of new dragons without really having time to do something with them, and you'll understand why I'm happy with some longer pauses between them.

And just to mention it: Why are some people talking about going "without new dragons" between September and March ? Halloween, Christmas and Vanlentine's bring a new dragon, each.

LP has expressed my feelings perfectly. I vote no.

I'd love to have more releases. It's one of the best parts of this game. I don't mind them being so constant, after all, collecting is what this game revolves around smile.gif I do understand how many players want to concentrate on breeding too, and that's totally valid, in the sense of wanting a break from said releases. I simply favor constant growth of our dragon species a bit more.

Edited by andromedae

They are referring to no new non-holiday releases.

I like having releases every month. I would very much prefer to have a release in November and January (and April before the birthday) if they are small and "normal." I am not too fond of releases with much more than two breeds or breeds with several variants or alts that you have to finagle your breeding and catching skills to get all of the available colors, etc.

I am okay with not having releases because I can always stock up on CB hatchlings, but I think if we are not going to have dragons released, the most important thing that needs to happen is to have communication that there is not going to be a release during a certain month because sometimes there are January and November releases.

I think that people are most disappointed when they hold out for a release in a month and then it just goes by with nothing happening, not even a simple post like "no new release this month," which is what happened in January when people were holding out for new prize dragons or a new release and neither occurred. I understand that many releases are meant to be a surprise, but having uncertainty in months like November and January can put a damper on plans as well.

I'd love to have more releases. It's one of the best parts of this game. I don't mind them being so constant, after all, collecting is what this game revolves around smile.gif I do understand how many players want to concentrate on breeding too, and that's totally valid, in the sense of wanting a break from said releases. I simply favor constant growth of our dragon species a bit more.

This exactly.

I play the game for the collecting of dragons so I'd definitely love to see more and more new breeds released. However, I do understand that others play this game differently and need time for their projects. Releasing one easy to get breed in November/January seems like a nice compromise.

I think that people are most disappointed when they hold out for a release in a month and then it just goes by with nothing happening, not even a simple post like "no new release this month," which is what happened in January when people were holding out for new prize dragons or a new release and neither occurred. I understand that many releases are meant to be a surprise, but having uncertainty in months like November and January can put a damper on plans as well.

Mhmmmmm, yeah. This exactly

Since I don't breed anymore I'd prefer to have more new releases. It gets rather boring without them and looking at the Completed dragons is kind of sad. There's so many beautiful dragons just rotting away. Its going to take ages to get through them so I'd rather we have as few no-release months as possible.

Honestly, I'd love to see a mass release of commons (like 20+) to help clear them out and liven up the cave. But I doubt that would go over well!

I have extreme collection Goals for common Dragons and I have extreme breeding Goals. For me every month without a release is a lot more time to breed and to collect.

My Goals:

128 CBs of every common breed (thanks to all catchers/gifters who help me here)

8th Gen PB of every common breed with all Dragons on my scroll http://dragcave.net/lineage/bqP8B

8th Gen checkers of Christmas and Valentine Dragons of the last 4 or 5 years http://dragcave.net/lineage/yj4v1 (thanks to all the breeders helping me out with These)

8th Gen PB of all possible Halloweens http://dragcave.net/lineage/fMJAx (thanks to all those who breed PBs for the AP)

and of course some other nice lineages as well

There's a lot more you can do on Dragon Cave than just collecting every breed there is wink.gif

Edited by lilysally

I voted "doesn't matter" because there's no "ummm maybe...?" option. It does matter to my plans, but I'll be able to adjust to whatever happens. (As long as it's not sixty new breeds per week or something. Although that would probably be a fun experiment.)

No release: yay, time to build lineages!

Release: yay, new dragons!

New releases in November and January would probably be a bit too much, but just one of them would be okay with me. Or maybe both, but just one breed each, or hybrids so the "OMG I have to catch them before they go rare!" panic doesn't happen.