dragonryaman

Mac or PC?

Are you a Mac or a PC?  

229 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

what a list ya got up there...Paradiso.

i like PC better because it is more compatible.. you have to go get special versions of games or programs to run them on mac and it is often very expensive... so if i ever get my own computer... it will be a PC.

what a list ya got up there...Paradiso.

Someone, somewhere in the thread asked for specifics. So I was specific. wink.gif

I'm a PC person and a Linux user. One thing that's irritating in such discussions is that many people think that PC = Windows. It's incorrect. Also, Mac OS runs on Linux kernel.

I'm also the second person that voted 'Linux' in the poll. xd.png

I've always used PCs because they're just better gaming computers, imho. Macs are really just for show, in my mind, and I'll probably end up with one if I continue pursuing graphic design, but a PC is and always will be my favourite.

a Mac, cuz I'm used to them and if you need to do something on Windows like a game or Game Maker, then you can set it up to double boot. I don't think you can do that with a Windows machine.

a Mac, cuz I'm used to them and if you need to do something on Windows like a game or Game Maker, then you can set it up to double boot. I don't think you can do that with a Windows machine.

You can my friend. Pc for the win! (heh pun), just generaly better and not as expensive!

MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC

For starters, I grew up using them so it's what I'm used to. A lot of people complain that they're not good for gaming but since the only game I really play on the computer is Minecraft I don't see this as being a huge issue. (Also you can install Windows on Mac computers, which a friend of mine did so she can game.)

Also they don't get viruses, which is probably a really good thing because otherwise I would probably have thousands... >.>

PC ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL the way!

I hate Macs, and pretty much anything to do with Apple. Except for iPods, but only because there's nothing better, really.

Our media arts class has Macs, and they always freeze, crash, and delete our projects on us. My PC at home has never crashed, freezes very rarely, and works brilliantly, even though it's almost five years old. I also like Microsoft Office far better than what Apple has to offer, and the Windows design/layout is infinitely prettier than the Mac one.

As someone above me said, Macs are just for show. They may look all sleek and smooth, but PC is where it's at.

I've only ever used a pc and different versions of Windows (98, xp, 7).

I'm considering putting some form of Linux on my laptop 'though since I started to study programming and it wouldn't hurt to have some more experience with different OS's. Just need to decide on which one.

Macs...I'll probably never buy. I don't care how good the quality of their stuff is if they expect me to pay a considerable amount more just because it has an apple on it and it looks pretty. Meh. The Mac OS on the other hand I have never used and thus don't have any real opinion on it. Heard it's easy to use.

Since I like playing pc games my home desktops will probably continue to have some form of windows on it. 'Though if I should ever change the OS I will probably go for Linux.

Oh and the way I see it:

Mac (and Windows somewhat, especially in recent years) = people who don't really know that much about computers.

Linux = them leet computer people.

Edited by Cybele

When I was younger I always had PCs. They always Froze, Crashed, said I had a virus (or in many more cases, more than one even with virus detector-deleter stuff {I forgot the name of what it's actually called}) and did ever since. My stuff always disappeared. One of my game cds got erased without me doing ANYTHING to it (all I did was pop it in and then it started to erase everything...) They still do when I use my friend's newer pc no matter what window version (he has windows 7 and it still does all this). Dead. PC is dead to me.

When I switched to Mac, my computer problems disappeared. No more freezing, crashing, deleting projects. It's way faster than my friend's pc and I can still game on it thanks to being able to have windows on it (which is the only thing I use windows for, except even rarer now since I don't use many games that require windows anymore). I'm a Mac person now and I will NEVER go back!! Never!!!

MAC MAC MAC

Mac. I will NEVER be a PC person.

I ran a VERY CRAPPY Windows long before I was allowed on the internet, but when it began to die out and not play the games which were too intense for the crap, I got a better one, and played games on it. Then my father switched me to a Mac when I was allowed and I could finally have Mac awesomeness.

The first Mac I had is an old piece of wires and chewed graphics--yeah, played too much high-strain games--so I run a new Mac now, and I'm finally happy. I'm technically not supported on this thing either but it runs what I want and I'm happy.

~Cavey

I have a PC but have both operating systems installed. I use Ubuntu more for graphic design and have windows for the other stuff.

Lol, it was a bit more than a year ago I wrote last time in this thread... And I've changed my mind from my last post here. ^^'

I still like both PC and Mac, but right now there's no doubt about that I'll buy a Mac when I've finished school. I can't see myself without both a PC and Mac, so I'm thinking about that I'll buy a MacBook Pro if I've enough money.

My husband and I are both graphics professionals and we'd never consider using anything but Macs. We once borrowed a PC from a computer tech friend and it drove us crazy WITHIN FIFTEEN MINUTES OF TURNING IT ON. (What kind of idiot computer insists on trying to load from the C drive every time you turn it on? Or crashes when you try to change screen resolutions? Or... or... or... let's just say the problems never seemed to end.)

In short, you couldn't pay me enough to use a PC. I'll stick to my nice, bright, easy-to-use, non-crashing, virus-free 24 inch iMac. biggrin.gif

PC. If you have a Mac, you can't really use anything but Mac stuff for it, annoying. Also, the red button, yellow button, and green button in the top left corner annoys me for some reason. Also, a lot of people keep on saying Mac is the best, and everything, it ticks me off. dry.gif I'm a PC person. So is my family. Plus, I don't like the style of mouse, or the i-this i-that and yada yada yada..

I'd have to say PC because I've never had a MAC. I was raised around PC not MAC and it's a family thing so I'm PC.

PC.

I don't like Macs. They confuse me and they are so hard to get used to. I think PCs are more efficient. We have Macs at school, though I've never owned one, and you can't right-click or anything. It's super obnoxious. Plus, when I minimize something, I forget where it is and it annoys me -____- And after a while I get iSick of iThe iThings with the iLetter I in iFront of iThem. And the fact that Macs are "cool" because they're "trendy." I've met girls who say "Ew, you have a PC? Macs are soo much cooler." I don't care, iLike PCs and iWill never use a Mac. PCs are my best friend <3

We have Macs at school, though I've never owned one, and you can't right-click or anything. It's super obnoxious.

I have Macs with Wacom tablets, and the Wacom mice right-click just fine, thank you. tongue.gif

Also, IIRC the Mac Mighty Mouse has right-click functionality out of the box, and ordinary Mac mice right-click when you hold down the Control key. So the claim that "you can't right-click when you have a Mac mouse" is incorrect.

ETA: On the Mighty Mouse you can also reassign right-click functions to the left side of the mouse if you're left-handed, which I call pretty dandy.

Edited by prairiecrow

PC for me! tongue.gif Macs are not as logically set up, in my opinion. I still get confused with them.

I do like the other things Apple makes, though, like iPads, iPods, iTouches, etc.