dragonryaman

Mac or PC?

Are you a Mac or a PC?  

229 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Using an operating system a few times does not mean you've used the OS long enough to really know all the ways that it has improved. Odds are that computer had older hardware, so you're not gonna get to know the speed of an up to date computer running Windows. Finally (and this is a big assumption, so I'm sorry if I'm wrong), if your family isn't very tech savvy, there's a good chance that it's suffering from the kind of bloated registry/bloated software that I was talking about in my previous post. I can understand the school thing though. My issue is someone deciding that they don't like Windows and OS X is better even though they haven't owned a computer running Windows since 3.1.

BTW, if there's a game you want to run and it's not on Macs, look into Wine. It's a compatibility layer that will allow you to run Windows applications (not just games) on Linux-based OSs as well as OS X. I use that to use my CD ripping software on my laptop that's using a Linux distro.

Note specifically, that I'm not referring to them in this post as PC and Mac. Mac is a brand, PC is an object. Macs ARE PCs, it's just Apple's marketing department has managed to convince people that PCs are any computer that isn't a Mac. Mac and PC don't even refer to the operating system - you can run Windows/Linux on a Mac, and you can run OS X on other computers (assuming you've built what's called a Hackintosh).

Also, this is just out of curiosity, what is your school teaching? Is it a college? If so, what are you studying/majoring in? Unless you're going to be working specifically with Macs in your job (developing, support, etc), there are few reasons that an IT college would require the use of a Mac.

*doesnt quite understand the first few sentences for my tiny brain*

I'm in Middle school >>, ill be in high school next year.

its just that our schools one of the newest schools in my city, so its very... technologied... or what ever how u say it.

:I we usually just use our laptops for math class, teachers too lazy to buy us textbooks so we have to use the online one.

*also homework now gets handed in online >>...*

^i know my school is weird >:I, believe me or not.

Just because your school is new doesn't mean it's using the best technology. Schools get limited funding, and frankly for the amount of money they'd pay for Macs, they could get much better Windows computers.

Just because your school is new doesn't mean it's using the best technology. Schools get limited funding, and frankly for the amount of money they'd pay for Macs, they could get much better Windows computers.

I never said my school was best at technology :I.

well... my school doesn't have to worry about money... we gotta pay 14mill just go every year, and they dont get us our own computers, we get our own.

yea they did get windows, for grade 5 and down, grade 6 and up have to get their own macs.

its just that our schools one of the newest schools in my city, so its very... technologied... or what ever how u say it.

:I we usually just use our laptops for math class, teachers too lazy to buy us textbooks so we have to use the online one.

You do realize that doesn't make you a computer school, right? It just makes you a school that got some free computers from Apple.

Depends on what I'm doing.

At home and for playing around I like Windows. Plus I've grown up with it, so it's familiar.

But for work either a Mac or Linux, Linux preferred. For scientific endeavors one of those two really makes life easier.

I'm on a Mac but with so many games incompatible it's a pain. but being able to surf internet with a lower risk of viruses is awesome. but it is all i've ever used apart from the school computers witch i hated due to always freezing crashing ra ra ra

i might be buying a PC soon. Then i can decide

I know I voted PC, but all I really like is the OS. IMO Mac computers are awesome, but the OS sucks. I'd buy a Mac and put Windows OS on it.

My school (a high school) primarily uses computers as well. Students here are allowed to bring their own laptop (I bring my PC), but most students use one of the school's desktops. This school uses Linux.

Due to my experiences, I think Macs always crash or freeze. .-. I have to use them at school..and it always happens. dry.gif

I like PCs, but I don't use other systems much so I can't say if it's the best out there or not.

I started off with Mac years ago (my first computer was a Mac), then I went Windows for quite a few years. About four months ago I bought a Macbook Pro, and I haven't regretted it once smile.gif

Personally, I trust Apple a lot more. I don't like their policies - their factories in China, for one thing - but I do trust their workmanship. I also look at the experiences that my friends have had - one of my friends has had a Macbook for four years and she would have kept using it for the foreseeable future if it hadn't had water spilled on it. She had a Windows computer before that and it started giving her a lot of trouble after three years, and that's with taking good care of it.

I like the ease of use with Mac, and the sleekness of the software. Apple is very good with the user experience, and I like that. I also think they're well built, in comparison to the Windows computers that I've used - in terms of physical components, I feel like my Macbook has a much better design.

I am a Mac as in thats what I have mostly for final cut pro, but I prefer PC. They are more durable and less likely to brake - but that apple for you dry.gif Not the most reliable brand. A lot of people I know you have Macs have the same problems.

Edited by Saori_Nightstar

I'm a PC person, but that's because I grew up with PC's. Family didn't really have the money for a nice Mac computer, which tend to be quite pricey.

I hear from people that Mac's are nice, but it's not worth all of that extra money to me. I would be willing to pay more money for a Mac than a PC, but not that much more. And since I've grown up with PC's, I prefer their operating systems. The Mac os is too weird for me. I imagine I'd eventually get used to it... but I don't really wanna. I know that sounds incredibly lazy. tongue.gif

Mac hardware does seem nice, but I prefer PC software. I hear people complain about computer viruses on PC's all the time, but as long as you're not stupid with your internet, it shouldn't be a problem.

That's about the skinny of it.

PC user and likely to stay that way. My brother is a Mac person through and through though and I know my way around one well enough but it is the PC that I'm more familiar with ultimately when it comes to tinkering.

I prefer PCs to Macs because they're so much easier to use in my opinion. <3

Preference varies from person to person, though.

Due to my experiences, I think Macs always crash or freeze. .-. I have to use them at school..and it always happens. dry.gif

My Mac did both. O.o

I prefer Mac XP But thats only because I'm so familiar with it features, and I love photo booth, garage band and all that stuff X3

[Though i'm sure you could get them on pc's somehow tongue.gif]

Mac. Once I tried a Mac at school, there was no going back. Now my Mac laptop is all I use, even though we have a family PC. My dad prefers Linux, though.

Edited by HawktalonOfRiverClan