dragonryaman

Mac or PC?

Are you a Mac or a PC?  

229 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

PC's

Pros

-Cheap

-Free programs (Paint, Microsoft office, games)

-2 click mouse

-can play games

CONS

-Older comps freeze A LOOOOT

-IE can be slow

-Doesn't come with free security against viruses

-(CAN"T THINK OF ANOTHER ONE)

Mac's

Pros

-Free programs? (not sure)

-Free security

-FF Might be faster than IE

-(CAN"T THINK OF ANOTHER ONE)

CONS

-Crashes frequently

- One click mouse

-Confusing buttons

-EXPENSIVE

There are less software's and games compatible with Mac than PC. Plus, if you have the money, you can potentially build a PC that's just as good as a Mac. They are easier to use too.

PC.

Although I'm a PC, I can say something good about Apple - On new years's eve, I lost my ipod shuffle out in the snow.

The next morning, my Dad was driving to work and saw the bright pink casing in amongst all the white and hopped out of his car. My ipod had been snowploughed and out on the road all night. But nonetheless, he brought it home after work and we put it in the charger to see if there was any hope that it'd still work.

The light turned on. My music played. It was almost completely unmarked and it still works today. So I think the moral of this story is that ipod shuffles are pretty hardy since they're little cubes and they have no flimsy screen or expensive shinyness.

Edited by Sparkeycat

PCs. They cost less. You can upgrade them. More stuff runs on them.

I'm actualy getting to be rather anti-Mac. The fan-kids irritate me. I understand that if you want to do graphic design they're worth it. But otherwise they're just over priced.

This. Also, I'm not too fond of those "Hi, I'm a Mac/I'm a PC" attack ads.

I could probably get used to macs, but I don't feel like it. Everyone says that macs are simpler and all, but I find them annoying. I prefer PC's, they're cheaper.

I'm both an Apple and Windows user.

I use apple for the awesomeness that is the iPod, but I just prefer Windows computers.

I used a Mac K-8th grade, PC 9-11th, and Mac again in my senior year of high school, plus had a PC at home throughout my school years.

I'm used to both, though once I'm used to one it's hard to use the other for somethings. I like the Macbook Pro I currently have (and am using). It runs faster than the Vista desktop, crashes less, and is easier all around to deal with. Games and media player (for serious movie-watchers) compatibility is sucky on a Mac, but for the art that I do and the sites I surf, my Mac works just fine.

Eventually I will buy a nice fancy windows laptop... when I get some money.

I'm a PC simply because more things are compatible with it.

Macs are really expensive too.... for most products to not work with it....

I also find doing graphic design just as easy to do on my PC as it is on a mac.

Dunno what brands of PCs you all are buying, but my laptop has never crashed on me (dear lord don't let that be jinxed).

I've now spilled chocolate milk and apple juice (since I didn't learn my lesson on the milk) on it, got it seriously all over everything, and the only damage I have is my "t" button no longer works.

the macs I've worked with (some top-of-the line ones when I was an art major in the graphics department) froze constantly and never wanted to be compatible with the printers. I lost a lot of work that way.

However I am a fan of the Ipod, so I'm not 100% against Macs/Apple

Dude, I always feel like I'm about ready to cry when I use a Mac. =I I can't stand them.

PC all the way.

Am a PC girl, just like to choose the parts I like for my computer and be able to upgrade individual parts more easily, something in which the Mac is more picky.

I chose the lesser of two evils. PC.

For a person who doesn't really do much with their computer, Mac is good. For someone who is a giant nerd like myself and their computer is their lifeline, PC is better. My current laptop can't handle dual mounting linux and windows 7, so I haven't gotten around to switching to linux.

PC. Macs blow, and they always will. They're overpriced, difficult to work with, and just downright complicated sometimes.

If I had a choice, I'd use a PC.

At home, I use a PC laptop. At work, I use a Mac Desktop.

I once owned a mac laptop... a iBook... and that thing was the devil. It would randomly delete applications I installed. And then one day it devoured its own operating system while I was using it. So I trashed it, got a Dell, and I haven't looked back.

Dell, on the other hand, has been awesome. I've had a virus on my computer exactly one time and it was the one time I let my friend get on my computer- and she managed to muck it up in the less than five minutes she was on my machine. I currently have a Dell laptop and I lovelovelove it. Runs WoW like a dream, which is the reason I replaced my old one. The few times I've done stupid stuff, Dell has fixed it for free... and from a remote location or by coming to me rather than me having to take it in... and the one time they were unable to fix it they replaced the entire system with a new system... free.

So yes... I love my PC. Windows 7 has been the icing on the cake, allowing me to get rid of Vista.

I adore my iBook. It withstood having chocolate milk poured on it by my baby cousin, then being dropped off of a table. My old Dell never did.

That's more of a brand thing.

I dropped my acer netbook several times, and have abused it a bunch, yet it still works perfectly.

PC...though I do like Mac...but it's really beyond my allowance... dry.gif

this^^

and i get a new pc as a birthday present <3

PC. The majority of the applications I prefer to use are on PC, and I don't feel like running a virtual machine to manage anything on Linux or MacOS.

Additionally, it's not a violation of any service agreements to install Windows on any computer you desire - when you use MacOS, you gotta use an Apple computer. D: It kinda sucks.

I like both, in school I use Mac and here at home I use my PC. Though, I don't think I want a Mac here at home... It's enough for me to use it in school every day (still I had thoughts about to buy a Mac when I have a work, but I'm not sure).

Mmmmm.... if you're talking OS8.6 or earlier, I prefer macs, but otherwise I'd be inclined to say PC. I used to use both but OSX just pisses me off to no end, and I can do more on my winXP machine (even if I did have to be dragged kicking and screaming when my old system running winME died).

Mac, just because it confuses me less and I can do more things on it. I have word on it, so it's all good ^^ I can use Windows, but it ticks me off when I have problems. Puls, the only virus I've ever gotten or encountered was on Windows. XP (no pun intended)