BookChallenge

250 Book Challenge

Book Number: 10

Number Of Pages: 353

Book Title: The World Without Us

Author: Alan Weisman

Review: A sobering, yet fascinating, discussion of the changes the world might undergo if all humans were to suddenly disappear.

Book Number:15

Number Of Pages:384

Book Title: Daughter of Blood (Dark Jewels #1)~R~

Author:Anne Bishop

Rating 10/10

Book Number:16

Number Of Pages: 496

Book Title: Heir to the Shadows (Dark Jewels #2)~R~

Author: Anne Bishop

Rating: 10/10

Review: Love this series! The violence is a bit extreme but thats what makes the good guys so good, I guess. And the good guys suffer a great deal at the hands of the Evil people, two characters for over 1,500 years. This is my 9-10 time I am reading the series.

Edited by Kanaye

Book Number: 4

Number Of Pages: 460

Book Title: The Black Gryphon

Author: Mercedes Lackey and Larry Dixon

Book Number: 19

Number Of Pages: 396

Book Title: Abhorsen

Author: Garth Nix

I would love to try this, but I simply don't have the time. Between school, the forums, and various other things. Good luck to all participants =]

Book Number: 1

Number Of Pages: 139

Book Title: On Personality

Author: Peter Goldie

Rating: 3/5

Review: Accessible psychology book about what defines personality and character.

I'll be speeding up once I finish watching some series.

Edited by lightbird

I missed like week worth of books to put up here

I forgot xd.png

Book Number: 18

Number Of Pages:464

Book Title:The Magician

Author:Michael Scott

Book Number:19

Number Of Pages:512

Book Title:The Sorceress

Book Number:20

Number Of Pages:400

Book Title:The Alchemist

Book Number:21

Number Of Pages:403

Book Title:The Necromancer

Book Number: 2

Number Of Pages: 208

Book Title: You Grow Girl!

Author: Gayla Trail

Review: A great book for beginning gardeners

Book Number: 3

Number Of Pages: 190

Book Title: The Bombshell Manual of Style

Author: Laren Stover

Review: THE definitive guide for a lady who wants to be a bombshell

Book Number: 4

Number Of Pages: 160

Book Title: Making Faces

Author: Kevyn Aucoin

Book Number: 17

Number Of Pages: 506

Book Title: Pirate

Author: Ted Bell

Number Of Pages: 295

Book Title: Robin Hood (novelization of the new movie)

Author: David B. Coe

Book Number: 7

Number Of Pages: 515

Book Title: The Red Pyramid

Author: Rick Riordan

Book Number: 17

Number Of Pages: 368

Book Title: Brightly Woven

Author: Alexandra Bracken

Rating: 8/10

Review: Very interesting concept. This one had romance in it, but it was better placed than the other one I read

YAY! Not-Mommy Shelle and I are tied! Oops, didn't see #18. *sigh*

Edited by Kanaye

Wow, a book reading challenge! I love reading books and I'd like to partecipate, even if the challenge is started. It's the good opportunity for read all the books I've accumulated. The first reader has read 17 books, it isn't a real obstacle for a girl who read The Da Vinci Code in less than a day (hoping that study will give me enough time laugh.gif )! I'm Italian, I'll try to write the English title too, where available. But for manga, I read them online... can I search the number of page of the published volumes and post them? Also, will romance novel count? Excuse me but I read everything I can, I like to know new things!

Number Of Pages: 432

Book Title: Squire

Author: Tamora Pierce

Number Of Pages: 448

Book Title: Changes (Dresden Files #12) (BCD) ~R~

Author: Jim Butcher

Review: Love this series. First time I read it, I read the book. I enjoyed the CD better. James Marsters (Spike from Buffy/Angel) is the narrator and he does a very good job.

Just finished the last CD in the truck, to and from work.

Now me and Not-Mommy Shelle are tied.

EDIT: And Misunderstood. Some of us work, have kids, have lives. We do not have the time to read The Da Vinci Code in a day. (Though I have read my 1206 page book straight through in 9 hours.)

Edited by Kanaye

I didn't want to say something like "I have all the time and you no". I was only saying that I can read a long book in few hours because I'm trained in reading and when I get passionate for a book I want to arrive sooner at the end, not that I spend my days reading all the time close in my room without nothing else to do. That day I could finish the book because I was ill, like you finished yours in 9 hours because evidently you had nothing else to do. I also have a live, things to do, I'm working on my thesis and the last exams, I'm learning to play the piano all alone. I said this because you are in advantage and I took it as a challenge. Thinking well, you are working very hard on it wasting time that you can use for other things, so it isn't correct that with my fast reading easily I'll be soon in advantage, so I retire. Excuse me, I wanted only share my passion for read a book with other people, today there are so few people who like it.

Edited by MisunderstoodDreamer

Book Number: 5

Number Of Pages: 176

Book Title: Face Forward

Author: Kevyn Aucoin

Number Of Pages: 305

Book Title: Dead and Loving It

Author: MaryJanice Davidson

Rating: 2/5

Number Of Pages: 278

Book Title: Superior Saturday

Gah, that one ended on a cliffhanger! Luckily, I have the next and final book already, so I don't have to wait to read it. I feel sorry for the people that were reading the books as they were being published! Superior Saturday was published in 2008, and Lord Sunday wasn't published until March of this year. It would have sucked to wait two years for the ending of this series, especially with that big cliffhanger. >.<

Book Number: 6

Number Of Pages: 416

Book Title: Beauty, The New Basics

Author: Rona Berg

Review: Great, basic book on beauty with lots of tips, tricks and a smattering of history! Can buy it used on amazon for only a penny, but worth far more!

Book Number: 19

Number Of Pages: 400

Book Title: Another Faust

Author: Daniel and Dina Nayeri

Rating: 6/10

Review: Um, this was odd, even for what I read. It was ok, but not something I would re-read. I didn't like how, at the beginning of each chapter there was a little blurb about someone who lost their soul too. If we were told who they were, it would be a bit better. Why didn't Belle, Bice, and Christian bring Valentin to see Buddy and show him that that's what Valentin will turn into if he stays? But no, they just leave him there to go insane. On the other hand, I have no sympathy for Victoria.

Number Of Pages: 278

Book Title: Superior Saturday

Gah, that one ended on a cliffhanger! Luckily, I have the next and final book already, so I don't have to wait to read it. I feel sorry for the people that were reading the books as they were being published! Superior Saturday was published in 2008, and Lord Sunday wasn't published until March of this year. It would have sucked to wait two years for the ending of this series, especially with that big cliffhanger. >.<

I agree! After all, I had to rush out and buy the last book. I couldn't stand waiting for it to be delivered back to the library. I had to know how it would end right away xd.png

Book Number: 7

Number Of Pages: 377

Book Title: Men at Arms

Author: Terry Pratchett

Rating: 4.8/5

Review: Lovely, just lovely. <3

Book Number: 8

Number Of Pages: 389

Book Title: Triss

Author: Brian Jacques

Rating: 3.4/5

Review: For some reason Triss really got on my nerves. Otherwise it was a pretty okay book.

Number Of Pages: 371

Book Title: Sphere

Author: Michael Crichton

Rating: 6/5 :D

Review: This book slayed me lol. It's so fascinating from start to finish that I made time to just sit and read. Science fiction is my favourite genre and this book definitely didn't disappoint.

1000 feet below the surface of the South Pacific, a spaceship is discovered by the Navy. It has no damage at all and appears to be at least 300 years old. A team of American scientists is rushed to the scene where they descend to study the craft. Once on the bottom, discoveries are made, leading to terror, power, and desperate decisions.

Edited by Shadow Lor

Number Of Pages: 221

Book Title: The Adventures of Tom Sawyer

Author: Mark Twain

Rating: 3/5

Review: Probably would have liked it better in childhood, but somehow skipped it. Read it now because it's a classic and I had a paperback in English gifted a while ago.

Edited by lightbird