Ninetails

What are you allergic to?

I was almost pleasantly surprised to see penicillin mentioned so often here.

I'm not allergic to any of the foods I'm supposedly allergic to according to the doctor I had as a child. However, I am very allergic to penicillin, but so far no doctor ever believed me (I only almost died twice, but that's no proof...) so when I'm sick I rather try to cure myself than go to a doctor and have the same "but you HAVE to take penicillin, NO ONE is allergic to penicillin, I am the doctor, not you" conversation over and over again. dry.gif

According to some quack doctor I had when I was little, I'm allergic to being cold because my hands and toes get red and swell up, ha ha.

One of my friend's little brothers has the cold thing. I remember we went camping, and there was a really cold lake that we could swim in. He just stick his feet in, and almost immediately they starting swelling and changing color.

Someone on holiday tried to claim they had a friend allergic to oxygen.

Fail.

Someone on holiday tried to claim they had a friend allergic to oxygen.

Fail.

Well, oxygen IS a very aggressive element... their friend should be careful, they might be allergic to dihydrogen monoxide too. xd.png

Peanuts, tree nuts, dust, cats, and dogs. (Although I never react to cats or dogs wink.gif)

I was almost pleasantly surprised to see penicillin mentioned so often here.

I'm not allergic to any of the foods I'm supposedly allergic to according to the doctor I had as a child. However, I am very allergic to penicillin, but so far no doctor ever believed me (I only almost died twice, but that's no proof...) so when I'm sick I rather try to cure myself than go to a doctor and have the same "but you HAVE to take penicillin, NO ONE is allergic to penicillin, I am the doctor, not you" conversation over and over again. dry.gif

My brother's allergic to penicillin.

Edited by PFN

Nothing, as far as I am aware. But lol, under this was the funny images thread, so it was like,

'What are you allergic to?'

'FUNNY IMAGES!'

X3

High five! biggrin.gif

Edited by Ninetails

I'm allergic to everything that "environmental" (to varying degrees) EXCEPT cats and dogs. I have very sensitive skin and am sensitive to lots of topical products, certain soaps, etc.

I'm also allergic to seafood and a couple different medications, Neosporin, codeine and aspirin are among those.

Aspertaim Surcrilose NutraSweet all that fake suger substitue stuff make me throw up and I cant stop and it give me a back headache D;

Eggs as well D; but I love to eat Hard Boiled eggs so I put up with them.

That sounds more like intolerance, not allergies.

Ugh, there's some pollen flying around, which makes my eyes itchy, red and teary in this time of the year. :c

Errmmm! rolleyes.gif Mushrooms, Beans, Rabbit meat, cheese, chocolate, and Coffee, all of these set my Migraines off, and any Migraine suffers Beans have a natural chemical in them that can start a migraine off I haven't had beans now for six months and since I stopped eating them no attacks, and at one time I was suffering everyday with Migraines...best to find out if your allergic to some types of food that can trigger an attack... biggrin.gif

I'm allergic to a ingredient in most sunscreens, still haven't found out what causes it, but most sunscreens give me hives.

I'm alergic to sun witch is really anoying in the summer cool.gif

I'm semi-allergic to pollen and fully allergic to dust mites (don't know if that's the correct English name though)

The sugar substitute in most sugar free candy.

Edited by 13310

Theoretically, I'm not allergic to anything, but I do get itchy rashes when I go outdoors in certain places.

I get spring/summer allergies and I'm allergic to bees and cats.

Pollen, dust, mold, smoke, perfume, chemical fumes, adhesive tape, cheap metals, and spider bites.

I also think I might have a mild allergy to cats, but I'm not sure.

I don't have any drug allergies that I know of, but I'm really intolerant of a lot of different ones and get all kinds of weird reactions to them. So I try to avoid them, but won't die if take them.

I get that photic reflex thing where bright light(mostly sunlight) will make me sneeze.

I also have this weird thing that happens where I will randomly have a sneezing and/or coughing fit after eating. It's not food allergies because it just seems to happen at random no matter what kind of food I'm eating. Sometimes it happens when drinking too and I've had it happen just when drinking filtered water.

I'm lactose intolerant and allergic to capsaicin, mayo, mold and mosquitos (I know, everyone technically is, but I get like dollar-coin sized lumps).