Jump to content
Ninetails

What are you allergic to?

Recommended Posts

Where to start...red wasps, fire ants, pine and cedar pollen. Those are my allergies.

Not sure what the reaction is called when cutting grass or baling hay, but the reaction includes the watery eyes and blown up sinuses. Generally taking allergy medications prior to either activity lessens the reactions somewhat. A difficult reaction when the farm's largest crop is hay.

 

I believe the skin reaction I get from touching any plant in the squash/gourd family is an intolerance, not an allergy.

Share this post


Link to post

I don't have any allergies that I know of.

Share this post


Link to post

I think I have food a intolerance to pretty much all food except fruits and vegetables. Whenever I eat anything else, my stomach bloats up full of gas. The only way to fix it is to go poop or fart a bunch somewhere, so when I'm eating alone it's fine. But when I go to restaurants, by the end my stomach has bloated so much that other people can notice it and if I stay there long enough it becomes so painful that I can't walk.

Share this post


Link to post
It's so weird since certain chocolate milk doesn't make me feel horrible, but then a certain brand does. What ingredient could cause that?

The ingredient found in that brand of choco-milk and no other brand.

Share this post


Link to post

So far, I think I'm allergic to all nuts. Peanuts, walnuts, hazelnuts, and macadamia nuts for sure. I'm gonna do a blood test for them and some more soon. If they touch me I get all itchy, and if I eat them my throat gets itchy (peanuts) or starts to close up (everything else). Cuz of that my doctor said it's too dangerous to do a skin test sleep.gif'

 

According to tests, I'm "highly" allergic to cats, a bit to dogs, and shrimp. But I have a cat anyway because I love him, and I eat shrimp often so I dunno what's up with that. rolleyes.gif

 

About my cat, for some reason I don't sneeze with him anymore. Could be because I've had him for so long and got over my allergy, or maybe something else? I noticed it a little after he started acting normally again after we found out he has FIV. Wonder if it has anything to do with it...

 

For anyone wondering, he's perfectly fine smile.gif We keep him inside now so he won't infect other cats, but he's acting normally now and I'd even say he's more playful than before.

Share this post


Link to post

Cats, dogs, horses, hay, trees, mold, cheese, beef, MSG, pollen, dust, and some other things.

 

Oddly, I own cats, dogs, and horses. So I come in contact with hay and always have a nasty reaction. D:

My own pets don't bother my allergies but if I go to someone's house with pets, I always sneeze a lot.

Cheese and beef is due to the mold and how they're made/processed.

Share this post


Link to post

Besides regular allergies - pollen, dust, ect.

 

I'm allergic to cedar (I think it's cedar...) which makes woodworking a pain, most harsh lotions, bar soap and detergents, and the stuff you use for sunburns. I'm particularly allergic to poison ivy - spores in the air can make me break out - but I'm starting to build up an immunity to it.

 

Oh and nickel - makes an expensive pain in buying jewelry as I can only wear solid sterling silver, gold (which is ugly), stainless steel, copper and brass.

I tend to have to buy from artisans online because jewelry from stores tend to lie about being nickel free I've found out....

 

 

And I'm severely allergic to Zithromax which is a type of antibiotic. I found that one out the hard way... I wear a medical bracelet with that included on it... I tend to get infections so I always have to remind about it, because they always want to give me it and I'm like no, I'm allergic.

Share this post


Link to post

Possibly asprin. Maybe Pollen. Bad reactions to bug bites/stings. I get really bad head and stomach aches if I have anything sugary/chocolatey or with loads of caffeine, especially with milk. I'm also allergic to Nickel and stuff like that.

Edited by Invisiblemoonlight14

Share this post


Link to post
I get really bad head and stomach aches if I have anything sugary/chocolatey or with loads of caffeine

that's a sensitivity thing and possibly your blood sugar is out of balance (not necessarily diabetic - I have issues with my blood sugar and I'm not diabetic).

 

but it's not an allergy.

 

If you also get "shaky" feeling or tired with sugary things and caffeine, that's another sign of stuff going on with your blood sugar.

(and you should probably get tested for diabetes anyway just to be on the safe side)

Share this post


Link to post

Forgot to mention that I'm also allergic to peanuts. Which is sad. While I don't like peanuts themselves, peanut butter is awesome.

 

Sugar and caffeine is a combination I love.

Edited by lightbird

Share this post


Link to post

Pollen. At one point in time, I was highly allergic to fire ants. Two bites made my leg swell up. Once I got eight, and that put me in the emergency room as I was having trouble breathing. I have not had a reaction since, even when I have had many more bites than that(the max I remember was seventeen, though I may have had more at some point).

Share this post


Link to post

Pollen makes me sneeze like most people.

I might be allergic to bees because my mom is, but I don't know since I've never been stung before,ever.

If I wear metal jewelry on a hot day, I get a rash where the metal touches me after a while.

I'm not certain, but I think I'm allergic to Pineapples. I recently discovered that pineapples make my tongue feel weird and painfully tingly after a while. My brother said it looked weird too.

 

Now this is really weird, but I'm almost defiantly allergic to toothpaste. I heard somewhere that if you rub toothpaste on you skin it's good for it, so I did ad the next day, it looked like I'd broken out into hives and my mom freaked out. I have to be careful brushing my teeth.

 

I'm really glad I'm not allergic to dust and stuff like that. My old house was by this place where they make cement blocks and tubes and the air was always filled with dust. My room is also the capital of Dustyland. This new invention, 'feather duster' escapes my comprehension. xd.png

Edited by StarFeather

Share this post


Link to post

What's penicillin and why's everyone allergic to it. *lives under a rock*

 

I just remembered. My brother is allergic to red food coloring. Rather than getting a rash or lost of breath, his face gets flushed and he goes bananas. The problem is, he loves red skittles, so he refuses to accept that he's allergic, and blames it on strawberries. So everyone thinks he can't have strawberries.

Share this post


Link to post

Im not allergic to anything I know of.

I do know a girl who is ''allergic'' (pretty photosensitive) to sunlight.

Share this post


Link to post
What's penicillin and why's everyone allergic to it. *lives under a rock*

 

I just remembered. My brother is allergic to red food coloring. Rather than getting a rash or lost of breath, his face gets flushed and he goes bananas. The problem is, he loves red skittles, so he refuses to accept that he's allergic, and blames it on strawberries. So everyone thinks he can't have strawberries.

Penicillin is a type of medicine that cures a lot of bacterial infections. It's a fairly common allergy.

Share this post


Link to post

What's penicillin and why's everyone allergic to it. *lives under a rock*

Penicillin (sometimes abbreviated PCN or pen) is a group of antibiotics derived from Penicillium fungi.

 

And yeah, there are a lot of people who are allergic to it… haha. ohmy.gif

Share this post


Link to post

Milk.

 

In fact, anything with lactose in it. Milk, ice cream, cheese (oh god, the horror), yogurt, most chocolates, pretty much all of the stuff that makes eating worth it. Being lactose intolerant sucks.

 

Besides that, pollen. And poison ivy to the max. One can not appreciate clear and healthy skin until they've had a severe case of poison ivy.

Share this post


Link to post

I'm not certain, but I think I'm allergic to Pineapples. I recently discovered that pineapples make my tongue feel weird and painfully tingly after a while. My brother said it looked weird too.

 

Are you sure? I get the tingly weird feeling on my tongue all the time after eating pineapples. O.o

Edited by Ninetails

Share this post


Link to post
Are you sure? I get the tingly weird feeling on my tongue all the time after eating pineapples. O.o

It's probably the citric acid in the fruit. I know if I eat too much my tongue gets all weird and I can't taste anything properly for a few hours.

 

Allergies. They suck. I am allergic to:

  • Dogs
  • Cats
  • Dust
  • Trees
  • Pollen
  • Mold
  • Weeds

Surprisingly, I'm NOT allergic to feathers.

 

*These don't include food allergies. I'm probably slightly allergic to peanuts, and I may have inherited a glucose intolerance called Celiac.

Share this post


Link to post

I am allergic to dust, and have Oral Allergy Syndrome.

Look it up.

Means I'm allergic to a bunch of fruits; all berries, apples, peaches, pears, etc.

Also, soy.

Tofu, edamame beans, soy sauce (duh), etc.

Although I still deliberately eat tofu sometimes, that's how much I love it.

Share this post


Link to post

I forgot about poison ivy....when I worked at a vet, someone brought in a dog that lives completely outside. I'm assuming the dog had the poison ivy juices on its fur or something and after the vet touched it he then touched a table....which I touched and caused me to break out. For some reason I have always been sensitive to it.

Share this post


Link to post

I'm allergic to pineapple (it shuts down my digestive system =/), cats, dust, pollen, and my grandma's house.

Share this post


Link to post

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.