TJ09

06/02/10 - State of the Cave

Well, I DID notice a strange thing.

Two of my eggs are 4d16h and with relatively high views (1000+/400+), but the cracks don't show up. Normally, such eggs on my scroll had the last stage crack already. My scroll link is in the signature.

i thought cave drops were meant to diminish

since thats what i noticed at first

but now its the same as ever o3o

I haven't noticed anything. sleep.gif Sorry, Tee-Jay.

Haven't noticed anything either ;.;

All I've noticed is that the cave is blocked more often. dry.gif

Things i have noticed, partly from what ive seen in here:

Pros:

-AP isnt blocking as often, seems more empty.

-Cave drops are going faster than before, except for when new eggs came out i had never seen the cave empty.

Cons:

-There is a massive amount of the new eggs and MM eggs (im not complaining about it, it helps me finish my collections, but to some its unhelpful). This would seem to be good but ill tie it into my next con.

-There seem to be a lot (two words, not one (mmk gotcha)) less of anything else showing up. There are afew types of dragons that i havent even seen in the cave since the modifications were made.

-There also seems to be some more glitches showing up. I dont know if thats related to this but ive noticed more happening and i cant tell if it has always been this way. (please shoot me down on this one if it has always been this way.)

I didnt know where to put this, but i have noticed the wilderness page has gotten a lot more eggs and hatchlings, i dont know if thats related to this, or it is breeding season for the wilderness.

I like the change to a degree, it will be better here in a little bit when these new releases ratio's even out so im happy with it.

Edited by Turtletms

Its really hard to find dragons which aren't MM now :/, particularly rares uncommons.

Is anyone else getting major lag?

EDIT: it's working in IE, must be a Firefox thing.

Edited by vegetariancannibal

i have an error, i think it is one.

when i laod the account page from favourites, theres only the plain brown background, without paper.

i have to refresh zto see it.

thats not bad, but i wanted to tell you.

Ten minutes ago the AP was nearly full, now there are like 4 eggs in there. What happens to all the eggs that are untaken?

I've noticed slight cave weirdness, but nothing affecting me.

Is anyone else getting major lag?

EDIT: it's working in IE, must be a Firefox thing.

I'm getting lag in Chrome and Firefox haven't tried IE.

I don't know if this has anything to do with what Tj's done but incase it might be I'll mention it. on my scroll my hatchlings and eggs aren't appearing correctly. One hatchling shows fine, one shows and almost hatched egg and one shows a completely non cracked egg, despite the fact that they all hatched a couple hours ago. =/ While they were all still eggs they kept showing each in another stage of hatching (different cracks) but only on the scroll, on the dragons individual pages it shows them correctly however. I just thought I'd mention it.

Being honest... I like the way the cave acts now. *^-^* I'm pretty sure the appearence of that many MMs and new eggs is due to ratio balancing...

Even though those who are lucky with rares are not so pleased, now finally the "slow clickers" have a chance too, to collect the new breeds (or older like MM). And there's no ages long "one breed release only" like it was with the release before (i think it was the one with the Neotropical and Electric ones). I like it better this way.

And the new releases won't drop forever.. Time will come and the ratios are all back to normal.

Has it been difficult to breed eggs lately? Since the change I went through and bred most of the dragons on my scroll for a fifth egg, only ended up breeding two common eggs total. Blue and green. The AP was empty at the time as well. Or is this just bad luck on my part?

Being honest... I like the way the cave acts now. *^-^* I'm pretty sure the appearence of that many MMs and new eggs is due to ratio balancing...

Even though those who are lucky with rares are not so pleased, now finally the "slow clickers" have a chance too, to collect the new breeds (or older like MM). And there's no ages long "one breed release only" like it was with the release before (i think it was the one with the Neotropical and Electric ones). I like it better this way.

And the new releases won't drop forever.. Time will come and the ratios are all back to normal.

I'm going to agree with the sentiment of liking the new changes. It seems as though not only are the eggs moving faster, but it seems like the cave balance has shifted towards the high-demand recent releases. It's nice being able to FINALLY get some of the breeds that are snapped up right away.

I don't know if this is related to recent changes, but I'm having some weirdness on my scroll:

Nothing seems to be gendering. I have a hatchling that is 3 hours from adult that has not gendered with:

Overall Views: 3369

Unique Views: 296

Clicks: 5

Hatchling will die if it doesn't grow up in: 4 days and 2 hours

it's a dusk, not a summon.

Also, spamming views to try to get it and others to gender, and nothing is getting sick/soft shell.

These stats:

Overall Views: 1464

Unique Views: 231

Clicks: 3

Egg will die if it doesn't hatch in: 6 days and 2 hours

on a new egg (not given more time via AP) usually gives soft shell warning.

Before the change I had not been able to catch anything from the cave for weeks and had scarce if any success with breeding. Since the change I was able to keep myself locked with the newest two releases and long tried for coloured striped dragons, so I'd say the change was for the better wub.gif

I don't know if this is related to recent changes, but I'm having some weirdness on my scroll:

Nothing seems to be gendering. I have a hatchling that is 3 hours from adult that has not gendered with:

Overall Views: 3369

Unique Views: 296

Clicks: 5

Hatchling will die if it doesn't grow up in: 4 days and 2 hours

it's a dusk, not a summon.

Also, spamming views to try to get it and others to gender, and nothing is getting sick/soft shell.

These stats:

Overall Views: 1464

Unique Views: 231

Clicks: 3

Egg will die if it doesn't hatch in: 6 days and 2 hours

on a new egg (not given more time via AP) usually gives soft shell warning.

It may be because the Unique views are quite low

Form what I have noticed... the ap is always blocked. Every time I go to the home page it says the cave is blocked.

I have not been able to get any of the new eggs... and that's from the drop around Easter time... let alone the new ones that were put out in may... i still think t is putting out too many new eggs at a time... but oh well no one asked for my opinion on that.