Laurarockstar

Dragon Hearts

Alina struggled to keep Ryder from splashing water in her face.

"Ryder, I know you hate baths but it's for your own good."

Ryder wasn't listening. He continued to splash furiously until something caught his eye.

"Nina! What's that!?"

It was hard to make out but it looked as if something had washed up on the far shore.

"What? Where?" she asked.

"Over there! Look! It moved!" said Ryder. He watched the mysterious creature with interest, unaware that Alina was blind.

Edited by Booo

"Good idea! Wait here with Kurapika while I'm gone."

Poderoso left without another word, unsure where he was going.

((I don't think he really thought that through...))

Vita raised a paw as his mentor left. "Poderoso! The area is near the hunting zone. Around the large tree with the bent branch the size of a small tree in the shape of a circle....." he called after him hoping her heard him. He looked at Kurapika with a not knowing look.

Fluid swam in circles, frustrated and not sure what to do. She started heading closer towards the shore in case there were some land dwelling dragons nearby and spotted a drake in the distance. Fluid froze and considered whether or not to swim up to the drake. It could be friendly, it could be dangerous.

Fluid decided to quickly dive under the water and move close enough to the drake to observe.

Ryder watched in disappointment as it got up and swam away. He gazed into the lake, trying to get a glimpse of the dragon.

"There it is! I see it! It's getting closer!" he shouted.

Alina was getting worried. "I think it's time we go back and check on the others." she said.

"Aw! But mom!" he whined.

((Waiting on Drago and Wisard.))

She swam closer and closer, now hearing the shouts of the hatchling from under the water. "So there are two here," Fluid thought to herself. She swam until she was around 12 meters away to the two and finally surfaced. Now Fluid was in plain view of the other two and she could see them clearly.

[sorry. Haven't been on the computer much lately =P]

"Suit yourself." Yynara muttered. She then motioned for Miracle to stay there. "I will get your mommy, don't worry. Stay with Dash." She bounded over to the nursery, poking her head inside and calling softly, "Anyone in here? Alina? Lani?"

Edited by wisard415

Lani woke up and yawned. "Who's there?"

Dash hid in a bush.

~~~~~

Alina and Ryder had already turned to leave when suddenly the dragon rose from the lake and looked straight at them. "EEE! Don't eat me!" screeched Ryder, hiding behind Alina.

Alina spun around. "W-W-Who are you!?" she demanded.

Edited by Booo

Spark thought for a moment. "We as dragons of this land believe in solidarity over wealth. Sometimes it's the only thing we can really depend on, but of course....you have to be one of us to truly understand..."

Spark would've elaborated more if it weren't for the circumstances. He decided it was best to find out more about the Spitfire before giving details of their previous ordeals.

Iskar simply listened to Spark's explanation. It was simple and to the point, but not revealing the stronger details... He didn't blame him either... Iskar would have done the exact same thing; however, it didn't help his situation any better. His right eye saw the little one named Dia run off to the woods to hunt. Oh how the small ones wish to continue to work to impress their masters. Right now all Iskar could do is to wait on this other dragon and hope the outcome of his arrival will be a positive one.

Startled herself, she replied, "M-my name is F-fluid," she thought of what to add, "and I'm a kind of water dragon, so you don't have to worry about me chasing you."

Fluid tilted her head and squinted in confusion as she noticed the drake looking in her direction, but not quite at her. She inched closer towards the duo to keep from having to speak so loudly.

"Hey, Lani, it's Yynara." Yynara said,glancing back at the spot Dash was previously. "Dash found a hatchling," She flicked her tail to the cute daydream hatchling moving around curiously on the cloud. "and I promised it I'd find it's mom." Before continuing, Yynara had to stifle a bout of giggles. "Could you try to?" She shuffled awkwardly, and glanced back to make sure the hatchling hadn't drifted off.

[Yynara=facepalm]

Poderoso was able to make out some of the words.

Hunting zone....

large tree....

he must mean the woods...

He changed course and circled the Hidden woods.

Spark noticed Poderoso flying overhead. "Down here!" he called.

Poderoso looked down to see the three just outside the perimeter. He swooped down and landed in front of Iskar. "Vita Contego sent word of your request." he said.

"That's right. We need to get this dragon to Kurapika as soon as possible." said Spark.

Poderoso looked at the Spitfire. "Alright....no big deal." he said.

Spark sensed hesitation in his voice. "Is that going to be a problem?"

"Oh no...not at all." he insisted.

~~~~~

Lani put the Ember hatchling aside who was fast asleep. "Last I heard, Alina was down by the lake....if that's who your looking for. But I imagine she won't be too long if you don't mind waiting." she said.

Dash kicked himself.

'Stupid, stupid, stupid.....'

~~~~~

Alina took a few steps back. "Oh yeah? And how can we be sure of that!?" she asked.

((Sorry if I missed anything.))

Edited by Booo

(I have a couple dragon bios ready, but I'm not sure which Dragon Hearts to apply to, as I see there are two of them. Are they both the same story, or???)

"Well as you can see," *Fluid does a backflip/roll,* "I don't have legs." By doing the water trick, Fluid remembered her brother who had taught her this trick and then remembered her predicament. She was in an unfamiliar body of water. So she asked, "Where am I exactly? What lake is this?"

Serphina blinked her little eyes open as she landed inside a cave, another cave? Oh great. She snorted and whipped her eyes, scanning the area. Millions of hatchlings! There were a few eggs and adults, but other than that, she was safe! Or was she? Shrugging, the swallowtail looked around for someone to talk to about this. Everyone was busy. Gah! Too bad, she could just go- She couldn't fly back up that hole. Maybe there were more? She had no idea. "Helllooooo?" She yelled loudly.

(( I'm tired... don't smack me. ))

"We call this place the Land of Gold. And in case your wondering, I actually can't see anything. So don't expect me to be showing you around any time soon." said Alina.

Ryder's eyes widened. "You WHAT!?"

~~~~~

Eclipse flew around, calling Mira's name.

She swooped down and went into a dive, eventually landing head first into a tree. The tree fell over and smashed against another tree, not exactly the most graceful landing.

"Helllooooo?" someone called. Eclipse looked around, "Mira? Is that you?" she replied.

(I have a couple dragon bios ready, but I'm not sure which Dragon Hearts to apply to, as I see there are two of them. Are they both the same story, or???)

((You mean the OOC thread? That's where you post your forms, ask questions, etc.))

Edited by Booo

Fluid felt awkward upon learning of this new dragon's blindness. She had to think of something to change the subject. "What's your name?"

(( Still tired... and its raining... stupid... rain... Oh... damn... thunder. ))

Serphina heard a few crashes and stared at two trees on top of each other. A hatchling had landed on them, and was calling the name "Mira". Pretty name She thought with a whisper under her breath. She lowered her head, trying not to be seen. Serophina, shes a few meters away. Of course shes gonna see you! She told herself, flopping onto her back.

Illuminata frolicked playfully alongside her clan-mates. "Bet you can't catch me!" she called out, when suddenly she slipped and fell into a deep abyss. As she fell, she tried flapping her wings to give herself lift, but to no avail. She only succeeded in slowing her fall until she landed gently on her feet on the shores of a lake. She looked skyward, expecting to see the hole through which she fell. She saw nothing but blue skies....

~~~~~~~~~~~

Carversleuth, tired of the easy prey in the forests near his clan, decided to go out in search of a more challenging quarry. Along his journey, Sleuth noticed a strange land beneath him, and decided to land. On his way down he was distracted by all the gold, and did not see how quickly he was approaching the land. He hit the ground hard, and struck his head on a large rock by the lake. When he came to, he did not remember much of anything about himself. All he knew were his instincts, and his instincts told him that this was no ordinary place....

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lelani and her mate were flying with their daughter when they were caught in a terribly powerful storm. Lelani could only watch in horror as her mate and child were struck down by lightening. Overcome with the grief of losing her loved ones and blinded by her tears, Lelani allowed herself to drift aimlessly until she landed in a strange new place...

((should I post their forms or??))

((I don't think so since you already have.))

Eclipse brushed the leaves off her face. Whoever it was, it wasn't Mira - not even close. She was still dizzy from the fall and couldn't see clearly.

"Hey you! Over there!" she called, "You don't happen to come across Mira by any chance."

~~~~~

Ryder jumped in front of her. "I'm Ryder! And this is Alina. I'm a water dragon and I have legs!" he shouted, running in circles.

Alina sighed. "I'm sorry. He gets pretty energetic sometimes."

Edited by Booo

Immediately upon landing, Carversleuth whisked himself into the bushes so he could asses his surroundings undetected. Try as he might, he couldn't seem to clear his mind. It was like all of his memories had gone fuzzy. He brushed the thought aside and surveyed the lakeside. He noticed a Ridgewing wandering around as if she were lost. "Odd, it's like she doesn't know where she is..." he thought

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Illuminata paced the lakeside anxiously, looking up every few seconds, each time expecting to see the great chasm through which she fell. And each time she was disappointed. "Girl, you have lost your mind" she said aloud. She turned in circles, hoping to spot someone, anyone. "Helloooo!!!" ..... "Anybody here!?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Just keep still... no sudden movements..." Lelani thought to herself. "Keep quiet and maybe he won't notice you..." She had been suddenly brought back to the present from her state of grief by a very large Night Glory Drake crashing through the bushes mere feet from where she lay. He seemed frustrated. He kept snorting and shaking his powerful head. He was watching something.... Lelani craned her neck to see what it was the Drake was looking at. It was a Ridgewing, looking very disturbed. "Goodness! What kind of place is this!?"

Fluid laughed at the hyper hatchling. "I see. So, what is this Land of Gold? What is there to do around here?"

Serphina shifted her wings slightly as well as her twin tails. "Whos Mira? What is this place? Who are you? Why did I wound up here after falling to my death?" She asked, ignoring her search for 'Mira'. She thought for a second then looked up at the roof. "I could be in heaven" She murmured to herself.

"What is it? Well...it's our home." said Alina, unsure how else to put it.

"I was born and raised here. My job is to care for abandoned hatchlings like little Ryder over there. I can't really do much else because...well....you know."

Ryder jumped into the lake and swam close to Alina. He noticed some strange blurry figures moving around in the distance. He surfaced and looked at Fluid. "Did you bring friends?" he asked.

~~~~~

"Slow down! One question at a time! This is the Land of Gold. Quite beautiful....isn't it?"

Eclipse licked her claw absent-mindedly before approaching the Swallowtail.

"What's your business here anyway? I don't have all day."

((LLD: Could you rephrase what Vrans said?))

Edited by Booo

"It's too bad I might not be able to see all of the land" responded Fluid. She listened to the hatchling's inquiry and said, "No, I came here alone." The bluna turned her head in the direction Ryder seemed to be focused on. She saw the blurs as well, but couldn't make out what they were.

Vrans looked up "To be really honest not really. I was not informed much before I was accepted in." he said then looked at her "Though if your forest is hard then I can take it easy." he said.

((Ok sure um here goes))

Vrans looked up "To be honest not really. I was not informed much before I was accepted in all I was told was to meet Vita and Dia in that area ." he said then looked at her "Although if your forest is hard to live in then I'm sure I can take this." he said.