The two of them sat and waited. "Are you sure this will work?" asked Eclipse.

"I hope so." said Mira. Surely he hadn't forgotten her voice, or did he? Maybe she wasn't loud enough? She began to have doubts about the whole thing.

Eclipse heard a noise and looked up. "Mira! Look!"

Mira gazed upward, her heart beat faster as a pair of green eyes stared down at her.

"Eclipse, I think it's best you let me take care of this." she said.

Eclipse nodded and ran back inside.

Edited by Booo

[Augh. Boo, I'm sorry I don't get on as often as I'd like to. I'm busy with other forums and I keep forgetting about this one 3; You can RP Dia while I'm not here if I suddenly leave for a while. :s]

Dia spotted Vita flying along in the opposite direction she was going. She swerved then soared over Vita's side. "Hey." She greeted. "What are you looking for?"

((No prob.))

Just as Vita left, Eclipse came running in with the news. "Dad! I found her!"

"Wonderful!" said Poderoso, showing how relieved he was. "Where is she now?"

"She's outside with....you know who." said Eclipse. She knew an explanation wasn't needed.

Poderoso couldn't help but smile, they were reunited at last. "I'll keep an eye on them in case anything happens. Stay here and let me know if you need anything."

Eclipse did what she was told and went over to Iskar. She took one look at him and knew there was a lot of work to be done.

((Could someone interact with Reina? (Or Torna).))

Edited by Booo

[Augh. Boo, I'm sorry I don't get on as often as I'd like to. I'm busy with other forums and I keep forgetting about this one 3; You can RP Dia while I'm not here if I suddenly leave for a while. :s]

Dia spotted Vita flying along in the opposite direction she was going. She swerved then soared over Vita's side. "Hey." She greeted. "What are you looking for?"

((Ack sorry, writers block hitting lately))

Vita looked at Dia "I'm looking for a hatchling by the name of Eclipse. She's pink with purple wing membran and a purple spot on her thigh." he said looking around again "though I have yet to spot her." he said

Vrans looked at his mentor "So... now what?" he asked not sure what to do next. All her stuff was put away and not in a pile.

And while Iskar rested, his mind dreamed; though it was not of fantasy. Instead, his mind traveled back into time to remind him of a certain event...

A Nightmare.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Great flashes of light seemed to come from all sides. The enemy had suddenly surrounded them, but how? Iskar circled about as his troop kept themselves low from the balls of fire that erupted from the forest. They were on a reconnaissance mission just along the border of the waring countries. Dark twas the night even the moon had hid itself behind the clouds. Everything had been perfect to collect intelligence for a future strike, but then this happened. He hissed an order to keep them moving close to the ground. Even at night, flying would have been extremely dangerous. Missions like these were best done slinking across the ground. Hearing a cry, he turned his head to see Joseph suffering from a direct hit from one of the balls of fire. The smaller Whiptail body smoked from burnt scales and his eyes seemed to roll around from the pain. Iskar turned to Keriaz, a black dragon who's cunning was like no other in the group, and spoke to her loudly amiss the chaos.

"Get Joseph. I will not have anyone to be left behind. I would send Jaffar, but you make less of a target in this night. "

Her green piercing eyes gave a small nod. Quickly, she turned about keeping herself out of the crossfire that was going on around them. Iskar watched her till she reached Joseph. The Whiptail crawled onto her back as quickly as he could given his condition. As soon as Joseph was secure, she moved with all haste back to the rest of the group.

"Iskar! Watch yourself!"

Renek, a gray dragon, shouted to his commander. The blue eyes of Iskar saw a group of small dragons come out of the forest and directly toward him. He had little time to react, but Renek had taken the blow from the lead dragon. Taking one step back, Iskar took the next dragon that leaped at him. Holding his ground, Iskar went passed the dragon's guard and made a deep bite into his shoulder. The opposing dragon still clawed at the Spirfire's chest, but with one quick twist, the spine was fractured. The dragon before him dropped... not dead, but paralyzed and unable to move. Behind Iskar the other came, which he simply knocked away with a swing of his tail. Renek, had taken a blow, but had won his battle as well. Iskar knew these were just distractions to slow them down, and he was glad that his troop kept pressing toward their lines.

Iskar and his fellows continued to move with the constant barrage unending. Some had died and more were injured. In fact out of the ten that had started this mission, only five remained: himself, Keriaz, Renek, Keriaz, and Joseph. Jaffar had taken a hit from a ball of flame, and then was dragged away to the forest screaming in pain the entire way. Hans and Glan had taken too many injuries and left themselves behind to give the others some time. Lenear had tried flying away, but only to be immediately grounded and was slaughtered when she hit the ground. Nero was the last of the five to go. He had tried to make himself a decoy. His move did work for a while, but the fireballs once again caught up with the small handful of dragons. Keriaz even at this point had taken a hit on her right wing, but she pressed on with Joseph still on her back.

The Spitfire's eyes widened as the entire troop stopped. Large black dragons appeared in their path, while more dragons surrounded them. The fireballs had stopped, but now they were surrounded with dragons poised to strike. Out of the 5 only 3 could really put up much of a fight... All hope at this point seemed lost, and Iskar prepared himself for a final stand. They made a circle, and watched as the dragons start to close in on them. It was then, Iskar felt a strange presence appear right in the middle of their circle. Smoothing comforting words flowed from the mouth of this being.

"Do not be afraid, my friends. Your nightmare shall end."

It was Sharak, a Magi dragon. Iskar's body felt a rush of relief as light flashed before his eyes. They were teleported out of the forest... Out of the Nightmare.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Iskar slowly opened his eyes. Someone had left, and someone new was here. He was unmoved by the ghosts that haunted his past. Shaking his head slightly, he turned his head toward Eclipse and spoke softly.

"Hello there... Have we met?"

His head was still a bit swimming. Everything that had happened before was a blur.

((Sorry, something came up.))

"I don't think so." said Eclipse as she gently removed the cobwebs and proceeded to search for the right medicine. She went over to the bottom shelf and examined the bottles carefully, so many to choose from. She eventually settled on one that contained bright green liquid with bits of leaves floating around in it. "Are you new here? Where did you come from?" she asked as she poured it on his wounds.

~~~~~

"With that out of the way, why don't we start your training? Unless you want to take it easy for the night." she asked, still unsure how they would start their first session.

I'll start off slow, showing him the basics. That should be easy, right? she thought.

~~~~~

Ryder crept away from Alina while she was distracted and went searching for Fluid. "Fluid! Are you down here!?" he shouted as he swam deeper in the lake than he ever thought possible.

Edited by Booo

Vrans nodded "Sure we can start training. I'v had it slow since I remember coming to these lands. Will be fun to do something for once." he said grabbing the hammer she had given him. "Built my place in the forest so who knows, maybe we'll exange ways of doing this or that."

Iskar winced as the medicine touched his wounds. It felt strange to his scaly hide, but he knew that he had to trust these dragons to save him from getting infected. At Eclipse's question, Iskar had to be careful with his answer. Again, it had to be convincing while not revealing his true identity. If they found out he was a captain on the run from his own enemy, they may try to either remove him from this place or simply kill him. He would understand of course... For him to be here was a risk in itself, and if he had someone drop in his secret place from the world with a high risk, he would too take measures to make sure that everyone as a whole came first. So, for now, Iskar would lay low... perhaps.. indefinitely.

"Yes, I am new here. I just found this place in my random walkings through caves and twisted paths. My name is Iska, and... I am a traveler, a nomad, I suppose you could say..."

He had to get the questioning off of him. So, he kept the conversation going and shifted it just slightly.

"May I ask what your name is? And perhaps you could tell me a little bit more of what it is you do here?"

Vita looked at Dia "I'm looking for a hatchling by the name of Eclipse. She's pink with purple wing membran and a purple spot on her thigh." he said looking around again "though I have yet to spot her." he said

Dia stared thoughtfully into space. "A pink dragon with a purple spot on her thigh... Presumably a sunrise dragon..." She paused. "Haven't seen any dragons with that description... She is the healer apprentice, maybe wo should check there?" She queried.

[Where is Eclipse actually at? xd.png]

((She's in the Medi den.))

"My name's Eclipse and I spend most of my days caring for the injured, like you." she said, stepping back to admire her work. She stood there and examined him carefully before running off again, only to return with more cobwebs which she used to replace the ones Poderoso had used. "I take my job seriously. Mother says it's a family tradition."

~~~~~

Mira stood her ground. "I don't want to cause any trouble. I came as soon as I heard what happened. Would you care to explain?"

Gor blinked at her and didn't say a word. Instead he decided to confront her face to face. He flew down from his perch slowly approached her.

Mira knew he wasn't in his right mind, but she was surprisingly unwavered by him. "Did you miss me? I know how much you enjoy my company." she said, knowing he had a soft spot for her.

He stopped and looked at her with uncertainty. Why was she being nice to him? Perhaps she knew something about him that the others weren't aware of.

Mira sensed his hesitation, her voice became more austere. "I'm sorry I left you, but now's the time to put our past behind us and start over....will you forgive me?"

His eyes softened as Mira spoke. Maybe she was right, no good would come from fighting his only friend. Instead of lashing out at her he leaned forward and nudged her kindly.

Mira chuckled and nuzzled him back. "I'll take that as a yes."

Edited by Booo

Iskar gave a slight nod; though, he made sure he did not disturb her work. Slowly, the pain receded especially after she placed the new cobwebs back upon his body. He became curious about how her position was part of "tradition". He supposed that her family had simply a very long line of healers, and the knowledge was passed to generation to generation.

"Tradition... How long has this "tradition" ran in your family? I assume for a long span of time, hmm?

The Spitfire spoke softly, but loud enough for Eclipse to hear him.

((I hate homework. Hate, hate...))

Eclipse thought for a moment. "Actually....I don't know." she replied. The young dragon paced back and forth, trying to remember what her mother had told her long ago. She eventually gave up and mumbled loudly to herself. "Father wouldn't know anything..."

~~~~~

"In that case...." Nellima delved through her belongings before pulling out a piece of scrap metal. She set it in front of of Vrans and sat down. "I assume you already know what comes next."

Edited by Booo

Dia stared thoughtfully into space. "A pink dragon with a purple spot on her thigh... Presumably a sunrise dragon..." She paused. "Haven't seen any dragons with that description... She is the healer apprentice, maybe wo should check there?" She queried.

Vita nodded "Sounds better then flying around looking." he said

((Lame I know))

"In that case...." Nellima delved through her belongings before pulling out a piece of scrap metal. She set it in front of of Vrans and sat down. "I assume you already know what comes next."

Vrans picked up the scrap and looked at it. He looked it over "Never done this before.... so I make something with this?" he asked testing its flexibility looking it over.

[x3 Booo, if I'm active enough can I take over wisard415's Yynara? Since Yynara's -supposedly- entering a kind of 'love triangle' between Vita, Dia and now Yynara by crushing on Vita, I want to see what would happen. x3]

Dia wheeled about in a quick circle and glanced back at Vita. "I'll race you there, as long as you don't hit the medicine den like you plowed that tree the last time we raced." Her eyes sparkled playfully as she spoke over her shoulder. "And I won't cheat with my magic." She assured him, doing tight corkscrews in the cool, still air.

Iskar simply gave a small weak chuckle as the dragon tried to answer his question.

"It is alright. It was simply a question of curiosity."

The Spitfire fell silent for a moment contemplating what to ask next. Ah yes... The buildings that he saw initially. He assumed that perhaps they were nearby, and these dragons would know a bit of history to their current state as well. Clearing his throat, he continued.

"When I first entered in the area, I noticed a few buildings. Do you know anything of interest about them perhaps? By a long shot, is there perhaps a library?"

The last part he dearly hoped was true. Iskar loved reading, even if from the small books humans used. Knowledge is power as Iskar thought of it. Something that every dragon should acquire.

[x3 Booo, if I'm active enough can I take over wisard415's Yynara? Since Yynara's -supposedly- entering a kind of 'love triangle' between Vita, Dia and now Yynara by crushing on Vita, I want to see what would happen. x3]

Dia wheeled about in a quick circle and glanced back at Vita. "I'll race you there, as long as you don't hit the medicine den like you plowed that tree the last time we raced." Her eyes sparkled playfully as she spoke over her shoulder. "And I won't cheat with my magic." She assured him, doing tight corkscrews in the cool, still air.

((I was hoping to find out how that would turn out to.))

Vita grinned "I'll beat ya, and this time I won't plow something." he joked then pumped his wings as he wheeled around gaining speed as he turned around. He noted to make sure he breaked before the finish line spot. Or he might plow the den. It was funny with the tree... bit painful, but funny.

[xd.png]

She grinned coyly. "Okay. Go!" She darted off like a bullet, whizzing through the air as fast as she could. She pumped her wings a bit, the tucked them in and gained speed as the plaza neared sight.

Vita smiled and pumped his wings more. He took a steady path down to his destination using his weight to aid in the race. He slowly gained on Dia. "Your losing space between us." he said.

With a twitch of her tail in acknowledgment, Dia darted down into a slight draft and sped up, soon getting further ahead. She squealed, "Whee!" as she took a deep, fast-as-a-bullet dive towards the plaza as she soared over it. Vita was close on her heels as the tumbled to the ground, wings over horns as she screeched to a halt. She stood up woozily, grinning madly as she said, "Ooh, dizzy." She giggled coyly.

Vita was right on her tail when she suddenly breaked making him swerve throwing him off course. He descended thinking he was going to land on the ground. Instead a solid rock post like object that helped keep the dens entrance up stopped him. He feel down and landed on his back ".... note to... ow self, don't... trail... opponet so close... ooohhh...ly." he said

((Sorry I had to xd.png))

[Lol.]

Dia regained her sane mind and saw Vita. "You said you wouldn't plow anything, you doofus." She sounded good humored, but her eyes sparked with concern. She then regained her posture and cuffed Vita's horn, before padding tentatively to the medicine den and called inside, "Hellloooo? Anyone in there?"

[Why is Vita looking for Eclipse? xd.png I'm having a durp moment.]

"Library? Um....oh right...that thing. There used to be one but-"

Eclipse was interrupted by someone shouting.

"Hold on a moment."

She ran into the the other room to find Diere' Misu, aswell as Vita Contego.

"Ssh! Kurapika's sleeping!" she whispered.

~~~~~

"That's right. Whatever you want to make." said Nellima. She thought this would be a good test to see how well he was able to use the hammer, and what sort of things he preferred building.

((Sorry if my grammar seems out of whack.))

((I don't see why not. Hopefully Wisard won't mind.))

Edited by Booo

[Lol.]

Dia regained her sane mind and saw Vita. "You said you wouldn't plow anything, you doofus." She sounded good humored, but her eyes sparked with concern. She then regained her posture and cuffed Vita's horn, before padding tentatively to the medicine den and called inside, "Hellloooo? Anyone in there?"

[Why is Vita looking for Eclipse? xd.png I'm having a durp moment.]

((His mentor told him to lol))

Vita got up again "Hey well you stopped suddenly... my landing zone had to be adjusted." he said but she was already inside the den.

"Library? Um....oh right...that thing. There used to be one but-"

Eclipse was cut off by someone shouting.

"Hold on a moment."

She ran into the the other room to find Diere' Misu, aswell as Vita Contego.

"Ssh! Kurapika's sleeping!" she whispered.

Vita saw her suddenly and nodded "Sorry, Poderoso sent me to find you." he explained. "And well we got into a race.... where tied... now I think?" he said looking at Dia.

"That's right. Whatever you want to make." said Nellima. She thought this would be a good test to see how well he was able to use the hammer, and what sort of things he preferred building.

Vrans nodded and set to work. He began to fold parts down. At times when others did not stay folded he set the hammer to it gently at first but harder and harder till it stayed down. eventually he lifted up the scrap as a little bird roughly. Though it lacked feet. "I don't remember where I saw these but there in my memories at times." he said

"My dad sent you? I hope he wasn't too worried..."

She looked one way and then the other, Poderoso had disappeared.

"It looks he decided to take my place." she said, giving a small chuckle.

~~~~~

Nellima just sat there and admired the bird as if she were lost in an imaginary world.

"It's beautiful..."

She quickly snapped out of it and stood upright. "I mean....good job apprentice." she said, sounding more professional.

((Their so awkward together. xd.png ))

Edited by Booo