Laurarockstar

Dragon Hearts

Nellima nodded, "I understand" she said as the two of them walked at a leisurely pace. It seemed like it would take forever to get to the north end of town since she was so used to flying everywhere she went.

She clenched her teeth, resisting the urge to complain. After all, it wasn't his fault or anything.

Vrans saw her clentched teeth and looked down "So how did you come to these lands?" he asked. "You know how I came but I don;t know how you came." he said wanting to break the very uneasy silence.

[sorry, got buried in homework for my algebra class. >.>]

Dia's eyes widened at the sight of Spark. "Spark!" She stammered, gaze flicking between Iskar and Spark. "He just sorta crashed here, and, well..." She trailed off, scuffling on the ground. She avoided eye contact with Spark, hoping they weren't in trouble.

Edited by kittybrianna

((I'M HERE!))

Spark ignored it, thinking his mind was just playing tricks on him again.

"Well whoever he may be, it's not a good idea to leave him out here like this."

He looked him over briefly, they would have to get help fast if he were to make a full recovery. "Vita, I need you to fetch Poderoso. Me and Dia will watch over him in the mean time." he said.

~~~~~

Poderoso took her word for it even though she looked as if she were trying to hide something. "How do you suppose he got to be this way?" he asked, helping her off the ground. No matter how hard they tried he seemed to be untameable.

Kurapika sighed. "He's been acting like this ever since he left. I think it might have something to do with his past." she said. If they didn't do something about it soon, who knows what he would be capable of?

Edited by Booo

Vita nodded and started to race then took flight looking for his mentor. "Poderoso." he called hoping to see him soon. He wished he knew how to 'search' telepathicly for his mentor. Then he could look both ways and find him faster.

Yynara sniffed haughtily. "I probably wasn't paying attention. And she's so cute!" She marveled at the baby dragon floating on the puffy cloud behind her. "I think she wants food." She said to Dash. "But that's probably obvious to you." She blinked at the baby dragon, and said, "Miracle. It's a pretty name."

[she IS just to cute! *squee!*]

Miracle smiled "Tank oo!" (Sounds like Thank You :3) Miracle pointed to her cloud "Fuffy!" She cuddled the cloud she made and then looked at Yynara "Fuffy Coud!" Miracle then looked at the mark on her neck "Wha dis?"

Iskar watched Vita run off and heard Dia's babbling to the dragon before him. This one was named Spark apparently by both of the smaller dragons saying the name. Still very weak in his voice, Iskar's eyes looked up in respect since he was the newcomer here and the one before him obliviously was one of authority.

"As I was telling the young ones, I had been traveling for some time. I became lost and found a series of caverns. It just so happened that I found this magnificent place. You do seem one of authority here, so I assure you that I come without ill-intentions."

He hoped that they wouldn't prod him any further. The last thing he needed was an interrogation on his past right now. He also hoped that Spark would grant any help possible; however, if Iskar were in his position, he would not let a newcomer so easily move in such a valuable and precious location.

Nellima was in her own thoughts until Vrans snapped her out of it. "Me? Well...I was a hatchling at the time. I was old enough to leave the nest and shortly after I somehow wound up down here. Strange...isn't it? I guess you could say I'm one of the "lucky" ones." she said, not elaborating heavily on the subject.

~~~~~

Dash rolled his eyes.

"Yeah...well...we better get out of here before someone else sees us."

He continued onward, expecting Miracle to follow.

~~~~~

Poderoso was back in the den, watching over Kurapika who was clearly injured. She told him not to worry but it was evident that neither of them could tame the beast that had fallen from the sky. He turned to Eclipse who was treating her wounds, "I don't think we have much of a choice." he said. If anyone could do it, it was Mira.

Edited by Booo

Vrans nodded taking the hint. "So how does this place work? I know there's hunters and ones that fight. I know there's a nursry. But not much else." he said as they walked.

"Well your certainly not the first to show up in these parts. But right now I suggest you rest, your in no condition to be answering questions as of yet." said Spark. He seemed trustworthy, but he would have to prove himself if Spark were to be entirely convinced.

~~~~~

Nellima chuckled slightly. "Do you even know where we're going? Not that I think your clueless, but it's important that you know what sort of hardships you may be getting into." she said.

Miracle willed for the cloud to follow Dash and it obeyed its command. The baby DayDream Dragon was following the only one she really trusted right now then one word flew out of her mouth like a natural reaction "Papa?" She asked Dash

((*Faints because Miracle is so adorable*))

Nellima chuckled slightly. "Do you even know where we're going? Not that I think your clueless, but it's important that you know what sort of hardships you may be getting into." she said.

Vrans looked up "To be really honest not really. I was not informed much before I was accepted in." he said then looked at her "Though if your forest is hard then I can take it easy." he said.

Iskar gave a simple nod and curled back on the ground. He had given enough respect, and now he needed to keep his energy usage to a minimal. His eyes kept trained on Sparks as he was the important one here. Perhaps, Iskar could learn a bit while he rested, and so he spoke his mind.

"Tell me, Sparks, what do you dragons stand for here in the City of Gold?"

It could be answered simply or deeply. It depended upon the knowledge of Sparks and how his own ties were in whatever leadership was here. Iskar awaited patiently... as he did always.

Kara looked around in the rush forest. finding that compass seemed hopeless. as she brushed past a branch, she tumbled to the ground. Stupid, Kara thought angrilly. She looked at her throbbing feet. It was bleeding. another trip to Kura again, she supposed.

Kara heard voices. perhaps they saw it. Kara flew to the direction of the voice. she found a cluster of dragons. there was a massive but hurt spitfire in the middle.

Spark thought for a moment. "We as dragons of this land believe in solidarity over wealth. Sometimes it's the only thing we can really depend on, but of course....you have to be one of us to truly understand..."

Spark would've elaborated more if it weren't for the circumstances. He decided it was best to find out more about the Spitfire before giving details of their previous ordeals.

~~~~~

Dash broke into a sweat. How was he supposed to tell her the truth?

"Uh...well...you see....the thing is..."

He looked at Yynara.

'Don't just stand there! Do something!'

~~~~~

Eclipse glanced over and nodded, she knew right away what he meant.

"I'll go look for her."

She placed the last of the herbs before leaving to search for Mira. She hadn't been successful in the past but she knew that Mira and Luma often went hunting during the night.

Shortly after she left Poderoso began to hear a familiar voice from outside.

"Vita!? Is that you!?" he called.

"Though if your forest is hard then I can take it easy."

((I'm sorry but....what?))

Edited by Booo

Vita heard his mentor and called again turning towards his mentors call. After a bit he landed near by. "Hey, don't know whats going on here but um your needed. We had a new comer crash and he seems to be out of commision for travel. Spark sent me to get you." he said wings still open to fly back

Yynara glanced at Dash and rolled her eyes, then hesitated for a moment to think. She then looked back to Miracle and said softly, "No, Dash isn't papa. You have no papa. can show you mother, though." She smiled encouragingly then said, "Follow me, Miracle." She started to weave in the general direction of the Nursery, then looked back over her shoulder. She muttered under her breath to Dash, making it so Miracle wouldn't hear, "Dash, we're taking her to Alina. You can tell her what happened, since you found the egg in the first place."

[sorry I've been gone! I've kinda been overloaded with homework. Lets see, today, I had 78 questions to finish. NOT FUN.]

Dia glanced between Spark and Iskar. "Uhh, I'm just going to go hunt." She, mumbled, then shuffled awkwardly backwards into the bushes. As soon as she was out of sight, she launched into the air and dispelled any thoughts, focusing entirely on the scent of prey. Casting a small enchantment over herself to enhance her senses, the smell of ...something... reached her nose. Wild boar, maybe? Although, it could be rabbit. I'm convinced it's not the latter, though. The details in her eyesight leaping out at her, she spiraled down to the place where the scent's origin was.

Dash clenched his teeth. "You don't understand! I can't tell anyone what happened, not even Alina." he muttered. But it wasn't just about the moon stone anymore, Miracle was the only friend he had.

~~~~~

Poderoso glanced over his shoulder. He didn't like the idea of leaving Kurapika alone. "Alright....but only because Spark sent you. I'm afraid I can only be of assistance for a short time."

Edited by Booo

Vita nodded ready to take off. "Then we should get right to it.... or maybe I could help while your helping them?" he offered noticing his mentor glance over his shoulder.

Miracle was sad at the thought of having no papa, but when she heard that the nice dragon knew were her mother was it made her smile. So she obediently followed Yynara "Miii!" Miracle said in a happy tone, she couldn't wait.

((My school's closed due to a power outage.))

Dawn returned to the Food den to find that other dragon waiting for her.

"Hey!" he greeted cheerfully. "Your back already!?"

Dawn looked away, pretending not to notice.

He ran up to her and leaned over. "You don't talk much, do you? I'm Leif, what's your name?"

Dawn gasped and took a step back, their noses were almost touching. "I-I'm Dawn." she hesitated.

"Dawn? Well nice to meet ya Dawn. I guess we'd better get back to work." he said, returning to his post.

Dawn forced a smile and got back to business. Things were going to be different from now on.

~~~~~

"Good idea! Wait here with Kurapika while I'm gone."

Poderoso left without another word, unsure where he was going.

((I don't think he really thought that through...))

Edited by Booo

Fluid was lying unconscious on the shore of the lake. At first, her eyes opened slowly, still in a daze. She twitched her fin and tried moving around more. As her vision cleared, she lifted up her head and looked around. Fluid could see no dragons nearby, but could see her tail in the lake water. She used her fins to lift herself up and slid into the water.

Fluid swam around for a bit, trying to see if the water had an outlet of some kind, but no luck. She was stranded in this lake.