Laurarockstar

Dragon Hearts

"Sssh! Keep it down!" whispered Poderoso. "What I meant was if you had spotted Eclipse by any chance. I sent her to search for someone but it seems you have no recognition of her return."

~~~~~

"We've been living here for as long as I can remember. Food is scarce but we've managed to get by." said Alina.

~~~~~

Eclipse kept an eye on Serphina. "You'd better not fall behind. It's past my bed time and you do not want to see me in a bad mood." she warned.

~~~~~

Nellima cleared the way and led Vrans up the stairs.

"Watch your step."

((Did I miss anything?))

Vita nodded and and closed his mouth and sat down. Then he looked at the new comer from earlier "Is he going to be alright?" he asked wondering.

Vrans nodded and started to walk up the steps. A few pebbles broke off but nothing much. He looked at the entrance before going in. Hammer in his paw.

Serphina just had to smile at Eclipse saying that. She was getting tired too, but her fear mixed with curiousity made her stay away. She missed her mother and father already, but maybe exploring wasn't so bad?

She'd sleep here for the night, then get back to her cave, it was simple... right? She sighed and caught up, flapping her wings in attempt to fly.

The little hatchling did not know it wasn't that simple... yet.

Iskar could not pick up the whispers coming from the other part of the cave. His hearing and state of mind were starting to shift in a murky mess. The eyes of the Spitfire became heavy with exhaustion from his travels. The food that set in his stomach needed to be digested. The battered and weary dragon did not resist anything more. Letting his head slump to the floor, he fell asleep within seconds. He would now get the much needed rest he had desired for many days.

((Thanks for sticking around, despite my frequent absence.))

"I think so, but we mustn't delay much longer." said Poderoso. It was getting dark and Eclipse still hadn't shown up. In the meantime he would have to take matters into his own claws.

Poderoso went back into the storage den and searched for the right remedy. He came across a batch of cobwebs and spread them on Iskar's wounds. He didn't know much about medicine but he had learned a thing or two from Kurapika.

~~~~~

"So...what exactly is this "war" that you speak of?" asked Eclipse, trying to make light conversation.

"Dragons and humans fight, but the humans have dragons. Mumma says that they were controlled and didn't willingly fight against their own kind. The war is finished when one side gives up, but there have been millions of wars and they have lasted 100 years or more. This one could last longer. My father would be dead by now..." Serphina gulped, she whinced at the fact her father was probably dead and landed on the ground. "Go on without me... I'll just..." She broke up in tears and scurried away into a corner.

Eclipse listened with interest until Serphina mentioned the part about her father. She went after her and landed in a clearing.

Oh great....not this again...

Eclipse rolled her eyes and continued walking. "Fine then. I'm sure the snakes will enjoy your company."

((Bump.))

"Well here we are. Home sweet home." said Nellima. She kept most of her possessions in one corner of the room aswell as other belongings which swept across the floor.

"I havn't really had time to clean up..."

Edited by Booo

Vrans looked around and got a puzzled exprestion "Never been in another dragons home before that I recall." he said looking around for a empty spot. "Maybe I could help move some items around?" he suggested looking at the mess.

Iskar awoke slightly as Poderoso placed the cobwebs upon his wounds. His bloodshot eyes watched as the dragon proceeded while thinking how strange it was to use cobwebs for medicine. During the war times, such methods weren't used; however, perhaps medical ingredients were a bit more scarce here. He would not judge these dragons to be primitive, but simply... different. Just as nations have different means to acquire the forms of medicine ,industry, economy, and a standing, these dragons have learned to adapt to their environment. He wondered how long this group of dragons have coexisted. He assumed that there had not been a war nor major dispute among them. Yet, he felt that this city had not been fully rebuilt. He remembered some buildings that had gaping holes from possible damage or decay. If all these dragons were here, why not rebuild this mighty city?

The Spitfire moved his head slightly so that his right eye could see Poderoso. A slight pain streaked across his body as the "medicine" seeped into his wounds. The timpani playing in his head did not help keeping himself conscious. With a weakened voice, he spoke," Poderoso, as I lay here immobile, perhaps you could entertain me with words. In your memory, has there been any major dispute here among the dragons?"

Edited by DragoTheWise

Eclipse was obviously being mean now.

Serphina whipped her eyes and narrowed them "Go away then. I don't like you either" She grumbled and scurried away into the trees.

Luma picked up the scent of prey and crouched down. She kept low to the ground as she followed the smell.

~~~~~

Eclipse snorted and kept going. "Not my fault if she gets lost..." she mumbled. As she continued the search on her own she heard a rustling sound from a nearby bush. Startled, she climbed up a tree and looked down; the bush seemed to be moving.

~~~~~

"Major dispute? Not that I can recall." said Poderoso. "A few mishaps here and there but we've learned to get along." he said, thinking back on the day when they lost their beloved leader, Kisa.

~~~~~

Nellima carefully picked up each item one by one and added them to the pile. "Alright. I'll give you permission just this once." she said lightly.

Edited by Booo

Serphina decided to hunt... for the first time... during a war... like her father. But they were miles away from that; right? She sighed at herself and spread her wings, then lifted into the air. From above as she was climbing she could see Eclipse up a tree, staring at a moving bush. "Pfff. Scaredy cat" She murmured and glided away.

Something slithered out from under the bush. It looked like a type of snake, but it was hard to tell. Eclipse began to wonder if her parents were worried. She carefully slid down the tree trunk, dragging her claws through the rigid bark. As her feet touched the ground it stopped moving, had it noticed her? Little did she know it was actually Luma's tail.

((Eclipse = *facepalm*))

Edited by Booo

Iskar listened to Poderoso's answer very closely as simple as it was. Well, at least there weren't any major internal conflicts. No civil wars would be breaking out anytime soon here... That was the last thing he needed... another war. His tired mind thought back to his homeland and wondered yet again how they were fairing. The fort that he left in ruins wasn't exactly a strategic fort by any means; however, he hoped that it caused confusion to his foes and that his homeland could benefit from it. He knew that his time here would be very long unless death somehow took him first. Until he would take the chance of leaving, he would blend himself in with the rest of the dragons and contribute to the everyday living here. If he was given a position, he would take something not too lowly but not a high position either. The last thing these dragons here was to know he was a captain in a war that is currently being waged.

Closely his eyes slowly, Iskar replied plainly," I see... So, tell me, what are you to do with me?"

A small yet very important question. For all he knew, they could have him in a holding cell in the next moment. Their kindness to heal him made him doubt they would do anything to harm him. The true balance comes in whether they would allow him to become part of the fold, or hold him here till they gained his trust.

"Major dispute? Not that I can recall." said Poderoso. "A few mishaps here and there but we've learned to get along." he said, thinking back on the day when they lost their beloved leader, Kisa.

~~~~~

Nellima carefully picked up each item one by one and added them to the pile. "Alright. I'll give you permission just this once." she said lightly.

Vita listen to the 2 talk and stuff. He had no idea what to do right now and remained where he was. the new comer seemed to be doing alright.

Vrans nodded and started to pick things up and putting them in suitable places. He was very careful with everything not leaving a mark or scratch on any of the items even though he was a moving rock. He placed one thing down and seemed to get thinking hard. he was trying to access a memory lost when he landed on his head a while ago. The item reminded him of something but he could not recall.... all the way.

Eclipse threw a rock at it to see what it would do.

Luma felt something sharp hit against her tail. She stayed still and kept as quiet as possible.

It didn't seem to do anything but flinch slightly.

"Yuck! I hate snakes!"

Eclipse went over and began stomping on it. "Die already!"

Luma turned around. "Eclipse? What are you doing here?" she asked. "And what are you doing to my tail?"

Eclipse stopped and glanced over. "Oh...um....sorry. I didn't see you there." She said, smiling innocently. "You don't happen to know where Mira went...."

Luma gave her a scolding look. "We were just down by the river not long ago; I doubt she ever left."

"Great! Could you...uh...give me directions?" she asked, hoping Luma wasn't mad at her.

Luma put her frustration behind her and spoke more calmly. "As a matter of fact I was just on my way back if you want to come along." she said, taking the lead.

Eclipse nodded and followed behind, making sure not to step on her tail.

~~~~~

"That's for our leader to decide. But for now, all I can do is follow orders until she gives the final word." He said, stepping away from the Spitfire. "Do you need anything else?" he asked, trying to make use of his spare time.

~~~~~

With the important things out of the way Nellima began sweeping up what was left of the mess. Some bits of gold, silver, pieces of parchment, and an old book. She inspected the book carefully, slightly charred but still in good condition. Who even bothers reading these things? she thought and threw it into the pile.

Edited by Booo

Vrans stopped thinking about it and went back to cleaning. He saw how there was a pile starting up and sighed. Before he knew what he was doing he was putting things from the pile away as well. Just bugged him if they where in a tossed pile.

The Spitfire shook his head slowly. What he needed right now was rest. His stomach had been satisfied, his wounds were being cleaned, and his mind was put as ease. Slowly closing his eyes, he mumbled something before falling asleep.

"No,.. Nothing.. nothing I need. Just... rest."

OOC: We'll let Iskar sleep for a while.. If you do have any ideas that would prompt him to wake, just let me know wink.gif Until then, I'll let him sleep for a few posts before moving on.. might have another "flashback".

Eclipse returned to the den having completed her mission. Mira walked along side her as they approached the entrance. "So? Where is he?" asked Mira.

Eclipse lowered her head and shuffled her feet awkwardly. "Actually...I don't know where he went. He flew off shortly after the attack....."

Mira's eyes turned a dark green. "I know I've already said this but...I'm terribly sorry about all that's happened. I should have never put you through this." she said, feeling responsible for Kurapikas condition.

Eclipse looked up at her, a small tear rolling down her cheek. "It's not your fault he's like this." she said, trying to hold back her emotions.

Mira sat beside her, offering her wing for comfort. "At least your both alright, that's the important thing." she said, looking up at the moonlit sky.

~~~~~

"Hey.....uh...Vrans? Are you okay?" asked Nellima. She wasn't sure what but something seemed odd about him. He's probably just getting used to the place. she thought.

((I'll finish tomorrow.))

Edited by Booo

((Bump.))

Eclipse wiped her tears and went back to being her old self. "So what are we going to do now?"

Mira thought she saw a shadow fly by, it gave her an idea. She stood up and let her voice echo. "Oh great and mighty dragon! Please show yourself!" she called, hoping to persuade the dragon so that she could confront him on her own.

~~~~~

Poderoso thought he'd better watch over the Spitfire while he slept. He let out a yawn and settled down for the night, struggling to stay awake. He almost fell asleep until he heard what sounded like someone shouting. "Vita? Could you check to see if Eclipse has returned?" he asked.

Edited by Booo

"Hey.....uh...Vrans? Are you okay?" asked Nellima. She wasn't sure what but something seemed odd about him. He's probably just getting used to the place. she thought.

Vrans stopped mid step when she asked him if anything was wrong. He paused and looked at his paws with stuff from the pile she put her stuff in. He placed another item down where it looked at home in "I.... I don't know." he said getting a confused look to him "I guess... it just looks messy in a pile and well... I just feel like it needs to be cleaned up." he said slowly as if he was not entirly sure what he was thinking

Poderoso thought he'd better watch over the Spitfire while he slept. He let out a yawn and settled down for the night, struggling to stay awake. He almost fell asleep until he heard what sounded like someone shouting. "Vita? Could you check to see if Eclipse has returned?" he asked.

Vita nodded and got up then paused "Um, what does she look like?" he asked not recalling her to well if at all. But other then that he was ready to head and find out.

Nellima raised an eyebrow at him, she'd never met anyone quite like Vrans before. "Um....okay than. Whatever makes you feel at home." she said. She didn't think too hard about it. After all, she was told she did peculiar things at a younger age. Or perhaps Nellima still had much to learn about this strange land. She never would of had the opportunity to actually meet a Stone dragon if she was still on the surface.

((Do dragons have eyebrows?....You get the gist.))

~~~~~

What was I thinking? I have yet to introduce them. he thought. Poderoso tried his best to describe her appearance, although his mind was a bit blurry. "Shes got pink scales...purple wings and....um...she also has a purple spot on her right thigh." he said.

Nellima raised an eyebrow at him, she'd never met anyone quite like Vrans before. "Um....okay than. Whatever makes you feel at home." she said. She didn't think too hard about it. After all, she was told she did peculiar things at a younger age. Or perhaps Nellima still had much to learn about this strange land. She never would of had the opportunity to actually meet a Stone dragon if she was still on the surface.

((Do dragons have eyebrows?....You get the gist.))

~~~~~

What was I thinking? I have yet to introduce them. he thought. Poderoso tried his best to describe her appearance, although his mind was a bit blurry. "Shes got pink scales...purple wings and....um...she also has a purple spot on her right thigh." he said.

Vrans nodded and then shortly afterwards stepped back and looked at everything put away "There." he murmured then looked at his mentor "Sorry about that. Just I saw homes for all of it and well... I don't know how to explain it to well." he said

Vita nodded "Pink dragon with purple wings and a purple spot on her right thigh.." he said then nodded and took to the air with over sized wings. He narrowed his eye's in search of what he was told of.

((Imma takin' back over Torna, for anybody who doesn't know.))

Torna butted his head against the tree he was next to, tail tip cocked slightly and twitching. His haunches rested on the ground, his eyes closed, sunken and darken from sleep-deprivation. He hadn't been resting as well as he should've, not since he lost Kiro ...

He knew it was selfish of him to be so hung up on one girl, but she had been his best friend, his love ... his everything. He didn't know how he could move past it.

With a sigh, he stood straight and spread his wings. With a hobbled step or two he managed to lift his paws from the ground and climb his way into the air, banking over the trees and towards the Plaza, not entirely sure what he was hoping to find there.

Well, he was sure. He just knew it wouldn't be there.