Silverdrak

Silvi's Lair

Dear Silverdrak, I want to give you my congrats for your hatchery! I discovered it clicking on a signature banner and now it's one of my two most used hatchery! biggrin.gif

I also have a little question: it could be possible to click on a egg type in the stats and see all the eggs of that type?

Ditto! I generally keep your refresher page up as an App Tab when I have Firefox open. :3

Plus MisunderstoodDreamer's idea about view egg types is interesting.

Just to mention, I'd gone off leaving the Refresher running and when I checked on it just now, I saw (on the English part, didn't copy the German) Error 500 - Internal server error.

I went back in to Silvi's before coming to this thread and the Refresher was working fine when I restarted it just now, but I thought I'd better make a note of it here, just in case it's something you should know about.

@Syphoneira

Don't worry about the 500 error just refresh the site. It should work then. I have no clue why this still appears. Think I'll try to add an automated page refresh if it appears.

And...

Nice idea! :3

I'm just a bit busy lately... But I'll try. smile.gif

Added a count down.

Could someone check if it shows the right time? I'm on GMT +2 so I'm not sure if I really got the right time. ^^'

@MisunderstoodDreamer

I'm happy you like it. smile.gif

I was thinking about a type/breed view as well some time ago but I'm afraid that eggs or hatchlings of some breeds could get sick because there are not many of them while there might be a lot people who want to watch them. *looks to the rares*

hm... Maybe I'll add a function to those breeds with high numbers of entries.

Edited by Silverdrak

I was thinking about a type/breed view as well some time ago but I'm afraid that eggs or hatchlings of some breeds could get sick because there are not many of them while there might be a lot people who want to watch them. *looks to the rares*

Also for new releases, which already tend to get too many views anyhow as everyone rushes to DC and fansites, having them separated out would make the problem even worse. People would be rushing to fansites to view only those new ones, rather than at least giving all breeds a mix of views.

It's very much one of those 'fun idea, but not practical' things, sadly.

Could someone check if it shows the right time? I'm on GMT +2 so I'm not sure if I really got the right time. ^^'

It's an hour slow. Or... Is it targetted at when the site goes down, or when it should come back? If it's aiming for midnight's start-of-downtime, it's an hour slow. Otherwise, it might be right -- I forget when the site is supposed to come back up.

I want it to go down to 10. June 2011 at 00:00:00. Don't know how long the downtime will take, so I think that's a good target.

The timestamp calculators, I found, gave me two different values. Not sure which one is right.

Looks like I picked the wrong then.

I just added my eggies! smile.gif

Thanks so much!

I love love love the fact that you put in a counter. As this has been one of my most frequented hatchery from day one that just put the icing on the cake. ^^ Thanks so much.

Wookie, are you sure you tried the correct scrollname. Last time *points to page 6 of this thread* the issue was connected with this. wink.gif

Late, but yes, I was using the correct name at the time. I double and triple checked because I remembered what happened last time. Things are working fine, and I am enjoying the counter you have now and all the egg stats. I'm rooting for the magis.

Wow... I really woke up that early... Thought I'd oversleep it. ^^'

Well then I have time to write this before work:

Together with the Dragon Cave changes I decided to also release my reworked Lair layout. There are still a few things left I need to work on but it is in a stat that it can be used.

Functions are the same as before just arranged in a different way.

I tried to save some space, to make the scrollbar shorter while still having all the other things (stats, user guide, display) around.

Here a list of changes:

- The funcionalities moved to the top and bottom, so that the eggs and hatchlings have the center part for themselves now

- The Field to add eggs and hatchlings is now in the top left corner and will open a box above the eggs/hatchlings when it's used. Entries are horizontal aligned in it. That way it should better support higher amounts of entries that might be shown there.

- Info Part is in the top center now. Maybe I'll add the top 15 there later on.

- I'm watching you from the top right now. I turned out being smaller than planed but yeah... that way I at least save some space... however... I also placed my little tree beside me, so that everyone can see the saison now.

- the infra red heat lamp is gone. It took a lot space. Instead the Hatching Sands and HatchiSchool is now sorted by time left. Critical entries are now also marked with colored backgrounds (from yellow (less than 2 days) to deepred with black border (less than 2 hours))

- also the tiny blue arrow should now always be on the right side of an entry. It sometimes moved in the next row.

- At the bottom I worked with hover effects. Hope it's not unnerving. I wanted to avoid to use javaScript as much as possible.

- If you now click the tiny arrow you can easily see if the lair did something without scrolling down.

- the display should flip up when you hover it. Don't know why but Internet Explorers loose the hover as soon as the mouse touches the iframe. Hope that's no big deal for you.

- also the stats and user guide is viewable by hovering the tabs

- I'm going to add some more stats later on. Couldn't get all done in time.

- the refresher will refresh the the lair now when started.

- and the link to the thread is at the bottom right now.

Hope I didn't forgot something.

Let me know if there are any problems. I tested the lair with Firefox, Opera and Internet Explorer (7 to 9). It should work with them.

Hope nothing worst happens while I'm at work. Don't think so... but you never know. ^^

However... Hope you like it. smile.gif

Just checked, looks nice! It even took my egg with a five letter/number code. Yay!

ETA: And confirming it actually did accept it, I have several views on the new egg with the 5 digit code.

Edited by moxiegraphix

Thanks!

It's great, it works, and my new 5-letter-coded eggs are safely in your site!

NOW I can sleep, lol.

Like the new site. Just one thing. The "Go" Button for the refresh page is almost hidden by the info page. This needs more space or the "Go" Button moved - maybe to the side of the Time-Set Box. Hope this was understandable.

Was using FF.

First - a big Thanks to you!

This is the only side wich accepted the new Codes with the 5

But the refresh don't work at this time.

Even I click go - they go back to stop.

It keeps telling me that my 4 digit codes are not valid. Is anyone else having problems with 4 digit codes?

It keeps telling me that my 4 digit codes are not valid. Is anyone else having problems with 4 digit codes?

Yes. I just came in to post about this very thing. I'm also having this issue.

I actually liked the old format better. Now it just feels... unrefined somehow, like it was done in a rush so everything is clunky and difficult to see.

But I'm just happy it takes my little naughty eggs with their 5 digit codes. tongue.gif

Thank you for all the work you did! smile.gif

It looks good, but maybe it's a little too stretched in the page for me. And I love that "me and my Leetle tree" part!

I love the new look and didn't have any problems entering all my eggs/hatchies. Thank you.

Looks great ^^

Just 1 thing I noticed: Getting the stats tab to pop up and hovering my mouse of the eggs tells me their name in a tooltip, except the entries at the bottom (balloon? shallow water?) - for them, the tooltip is hidden under my browser's status bar outside the actual page.

I love the update! I really like what you did having the refresher on the main page. I also think that having the low time eggs and hatchies become highlighted from yellow to red is really neat. I would always click on the heat lamp cases now I make a point to give clicks to any highlighted egg or hatchi.

The sprite in the upper right is just so cute xd.png

^^ Yeah, saw the anouncement right in time 10 minutes before driving to work. ^^' So I did a quick and dirty fix for the 5 lettered codes.

I fixed the problem with the 4 letter codes and some other small issues caused due to the quick fix.

The refresher Go Button should now be where it should be and also the dropdown should show the set time for the refresh. Not sure if I like it down there. Maybe I'll put the refresh form somewhere else. Just not sure where...

And I'll look for the stats now. Though I'm not sure if I get them done today. I feel dead from work.... sleep.gif

@Ruby Eyes

The two at the bottom are Water and Balloon currently.

vertical scrollbar is missing, making the linked DC pages nearly invisible at the bottom.

vertical scrollbar is missing, making the linked DC pages nearly invisible at the bottom.

iala, I believe that's intended; hover over the profile you've opened, it'll bring it up into better view.