Silverdrak

Silvi's Lair

This hatchery is great. Different categories, and it's very smooth. No problems at all.

This really is my favourite hatchery. It is so smooth and works very efficently, it is also very easy to use.

I love the stats along the side, it gives you a really good insight as to what dragons are readily avaliable on DC and also how the numbers change over time.

Overall if I had to pick only one hatchery to use it would be this one.

Thank you so much for making it, keep up the hard work! You're really doing a great job! biggrin.gif

Edited by lulu_witch

The Lair shouldn't confuse codes anymore, at least I did something to avoid that.

Did you drop an egg/hatchi with that code maybe? It is possible that it wasn't updated in my database yet.

It should only show hidden at the scroll-add-function when the database knows a scrollname to the hidden.

Maybe I should add a check there. But I'm not sure if it would slow down the add function... will think about it.

I've cared for the hidden. It shouldn't be listed anymore now.

@Syphoneira

The 500 Error seem to be connected with script runtimes on the Server where my Lair is placed on. It can happen when the server is very bussy, sometimes also in connection with DC lags. I reduced some timeout times. Not sure if that helps. I'm still looking for a better solution, though.

Oh, by the way, what does it do when an egg hatches, becoming a hatchling with 7 days left? Does it stop displaying the hatchling then, until it has 6 days left, to avoid causing sickness, or is sickness sufficiently rare that the hatchling is just moved into the pool of non-ER hatchlings right away?

Also, when I set the refresher to 1 minute, it did refresh for me.

Edited by quadibloc

@quadibloc

The hatchery is automated. It should move a hatched ER to the hatchi school once the updater picks it up. smile.gif

... Found 312 lost entries in the Lair. It should be cleaned up now.

Not sure if those entries could be restored.

...or is sickness sufficiently rare that the hatchling is just moved into the pool of non-ER hatchlings right away?

If an egg hatched as an ER, then it only just barely had enough views to hatch, as compared to non-ER eggs which can easily have enough views for adulthood before they hatch, and still not be sick. So yes, a hatchling from an ER egg is very unlikely to get sick while in a slow-but-steady-views hatchery where all hatchlings are normally fine and healthy. At most, it'll just start catching up on the views that it would've needed to hatch without going ER. If the hatchling got stuck in an ER long-term after hatching, that might make it sick, but otherwise it should be fine.

... Found 312 lost entries in the Lair. It should be cleaned up now.

Not sure if those entries could be restored.

Probably not. I'm guessing they're the eggs that disappeared with the downtime data loss, in which case they're gone for good. I still need to go through and clean all those out of AoND, too, once finals are over.

Probably not.  I'm guessing they're the eggs that disappeared with the downtime data loss, in which case they're gone for good.  I still need to go through and clean all those out of AoND, too, once finals are over.

I'm positive that those are the ones that disappeared with the downtime.

The only data I'm not storing are the parents because this info isn't necessary for my hatchery, apart from that I can tell which user lost which dragon... or better egg. I kept those entries just in case there is an interest or possibility to restore them.

That's what I mean.

Is something going on with Silvi's? I keep getting this error:

Sorry but I couldn't find any eggs or hatchlings that could be added to the site. So either there are none on your scroll (hidden can't be added this way), the scrollname isn't correct or the connection to Dragon Cave failed.

And I see there are several grown up dragons on the site so I'm guessing there's an actual problem happening??

I've checked almost all the fansites I know of in the last few minutes and all of them have the same problem.

edit: DC focus, Daily Dragon Fix and Hatching Dragons still work and will take scrolls and some of the sites that allow just adding codes one at a time work (some do not).

Edited by rubyshoes

For me DC is down for several hours now. Not sure if it was up inbetween. However this means my Lair can't connect to DC and that's why the error message is given.

SilverDrak, thank you so much for Silvi's Lair! Thanks to you, I have 3 hatchlings and 1 full grown Dragon!

Is something going on with Silvi's? I keep getting this error:

Sorry but I couldn't find any eggs or hatchlings that could be added to the site. So either there are none on your scroll (hidden can't be added this way), the scrollname isn't correct or the connection to Dragon Cave failed.

And I see there are several grown up dragons on the site so I'm guessing there's an actual problem happening??

I have just ran into this problem. Adding eggs and hatchlings by code is still possible, though, so maybe you could try that for now or for when the site is not seeing anything on your scroll.

The problem Mazzy had was due to the router thing some days ago. Where several people couldn't connect to DC. Think that should be solved for everyone in the meantime.

Wookie, are you sure you tried the correct scrollname. Last time *points to page 6 of this thread* the issue was connected with this. wink.gif

I've had some of the same instances.... but it was only when I couldn't connect to DC. That's the only time it didn't work. And thanks to Silvi.... my Dragon count has increased to 8! biggrin.gif

It is now one of my two home pages! It is smooth and easy to use! And not over crowded with eggs! A wonderful hatchery, maybe the best! biggrin.gif Edited by Sparkgirl

I really like the egg breed counters at the bottom but chickens are missing. Would you consider adding them? smile.gif

I'm currently reworking the layout of the lair. It'll still take some time until I'm done but it should include all breeds in the stats in the end. smile.gif

I'm currently reworking the layout of the lair. It'll still take some time until I'm done but it should include all breeds in the stats in the end. smile.gif

Great. I look forward to it. smile.gif

Is it going to be possible to have Silvi's set up in time for the new scroll limits?

10 days really isn't much time, is it?

Dear Silverdrak, I want to give you my congrats for your hatchery! I discovered it clicking on a signature banner and now it's one of my two most used hatchery! biggrin.gif

I also have a little question: it could be possible to click on a egg type in the stats and see all the eggs of that type?