Silverdrak

Silvi's Lair

The instructions say that fogged eggs won't be displayed,

Hidden will not be displayed until they get unfogged, Adults/dead/frozen will be deleted).

and yet I just saw one. I want to try an experiment with a sunset/sunrise egg, for which I will need to fog the egg part of the time, but if it shows up as fogged, someone might remove it from the site. I can still work with that, but was wondering if that is just a glitch or if you have changed that so that fogged eggs are now shown so that they can be removed?

Oh, and I also wanted to say that I love the way all my critters show up when I enter my scroll. I picked up two abandoned hatchies who were very over-stimulated, but I had no idea, of course, where they might be posted. When I entered my scroll, wow, there they both were! I was able to remove them safely and they should grow up just fine now.

Edited by bantymom

@ dustpuppy

I'm no native english speaker...

If too less is the right term there, I'll change that.

@ bantymom

It also says that it takes a bit before it recognizes changes wink.gif because it needs to check back with DragonCave (TJs API) first. As my site isn't DC itself (they are different systems), it can't know immideately when you hid something. So it is looking through the entries every now and then and checks their status. So it can happen that a fogged is shown on the site for a while.

If you see a hidden somewhere on the site you can click the tiny blue arrow beside it to speed that process up. It should be updated immideately then. If you do that they won't be deleted. They will just not be displayed like the instructions says.

The only way to delete a hidden, is to enter your scrollname and uncheck it there. ...at least that should work if the site knows the scrollname to the hiddens (it can happen that it doesn't know it when an entry was added by the single code methode).

The scrollname isn't shown to others when your entry is fogged, so it should be save from being deleted.

smile.gif

That was a feature I added a while ago because I had the feeling that some people where missing a possibility to delete their fogged from the site.

Oh, thankies very much for the clarification.

And yes, "too few" would be the correct way to word that. In case you are curious, in English, you use "few" for things you can count, like dragons or chocolate-chip cookies, and "less" for things you can't count, like the wind or rain.

Many native English speakers get it wrong, however, so you will see "less" used quite often with things you can count.

Cheers,

Bantymom

Teacher

Edited by bantymom

I love this site! It has never given me any trouble and it really halps me get view for my babies! Thanks for making it! biggrin.gif

This site is amazing. It's helped a lot of my eggs hatch. I love how it's so simple and that you can choose which egg/hatchling to put on it. It's a great site ^^

I really like the hatchery. I use it with all my eggs. It's so easy to use. Thanks

Love this site, but today it is acting "wonky" on me... says my scroll doesn't exist and when I try adding a single code it says that doesn't exist sad.gif ... Not happening on the other posting sites I use... please look into this for me... hate to lose this site smile.gif

@kittymeow626

Enter your scrollname, press Go, check Eggs and Hatchis you want to add to the site and press save.

There is an instruction at the bottom of the site as well. smile.gif

@Ldyfsh

That sounds strange...

I just tried your scrollname (picked from the link in your signature) and it worked fine. So I don't know...

Are you sure there was no typo in the scrollname you entered?

Otherwise I could only imagine that the connection to Dragon Cave was temporary gone.

Could you try again and let me know if it's still not working for you?

@kittymeow626

Enter your scrollname, press Go, check Eggs and Hatchis you want to add to the site and press save.

There is an instruction at the bottom of the site as well. smile.gif

@Ldyfsh

That sounds strange...

I just tried your scrollname (picked from the link in your signature) and it worked fine. So I don't know...

Are you sure there was no typo in the scrollname you entered?

Otherwise I could only imagine that the connection to Dragon Cave was temporary gone.

Could you try again and let me know if it's still not working for you?

Working this morning.... don't know what the problem was ... tried about 5-6 times last night... nothing, but today it's fine... YAY!!!!!!!

I love this site, I use Silvi's Lair and EATW exclusively

i like it too, and plz click on my eggs. i'm a newbie and i have no dragons, just 4 dead eggs, and 4 ones i can hardly get clicks for.

~Scroll spam Removed~

Edited by _Z_

@goldendragon

It's nice that you like the site, but please don't multi-post -- use the edit button to keep it in one post, instead.

Edit: Everything seems ok now, perhaps it was my browser+lag

Edited by Erithan

Maybe it's just me (I hope not) but when I've posted my eggs to Silvi's Lair recently (and by the way love the site) and it's the only fansite I'm using I've tended to get too many views too soon and end up with soft shell. Not just with a rare (happened to me yesterday with a silver) but with commons too. Has anyone else encountered this issue?

Thanks for pointig that out. I'm not sure why this happens now, probably there are more people using the refresher now. Haven't recognized something like that before. However I looked through some eggs and found some having softshell as well.

I reduce the amount of eggs that are shown in the lair and the refresher. That should reduce the amount of views they are getting. Hope that helps.

Let me know if the issue persits. Will keep an eye on it too.

I've noticed my views have gone up in general since the hoildays. I'm assuming it's partly due to people stalking hatcheries looking for the prize dragons. Once they get released, I'm assuming it will die down.

Nice hatchery, just added all my eggs and hachties.

biggrin.gif

Wonderful site, one knows immediately which ones to click to help them hatch.

I just added my new breds since at the moment there are too many other dragons about that two hatcheries aren't enough to give them enough uniques.