Silverdrak

Silvi's Lair

Please don't remove the single codes thing. I use it frequently.

What for ? You can post your scroll and just put the one creature in the hatchery. I think the risks associated with malicious use rather outweigh convenience for some people.

I use it too, on occasion. It's nice to be able to add eggs to a hatchery while keeping one's scroll hidden. There are upcoming API changes that will make that possible too, but they aren't here yet.

This is part of why I suggested a change to the option rather than its removal.

19 hours ago, TJ09 said:

I use it too, on occasion. It's nice to be able to add eggs to a hatchery while keeping one's scroll hidden. There are upcoming API changes that will make that possible too, but they aren't here yet.

Because of my limited knowledge about these API changes, I gotta admit that they somewhat worry me. Would that make it possible to stalk a hidden scroll's growing dragons through a hatchery? Hmm maybe I'm misreading this information.

Possibility to add from a hidden scroll would make it even more crucial to include the "acceptaid" check on scroll options too, and to all hatcheries.

Edited by Platykwak

TJ does not control what a hatchery can do, and there are loads of ways to attack without using one. If you have a code, it can be done. But if he puts something in the API that means nobody can add things if the scroll doesn't accept aid - that would be good, though would mean that someone who has a power or internet outage and can contact someone to ask them to keep their stuff alive wouldn't be able to if they don't accept aid (which I don/t) As someone who has this issue from time to time, that would trouble me. At the moment I can text a friend and ask her to watch my scroll, but.... and I don't have a smart phone and even if I did, our mobile signal can't even manage voice calls !

Posted (edited)

On 2/23/2024 at 4:58 AM, Fuzzbucket said:

What for ? You can post your scroll and just put the one creature in the hatchery. I think the risks associated with malicious use rather outweigh convenience for some people.

I have my scroll hidden at all times to avoid the small but extremely frustrating portion of the community that maliciously targets others because, as an artist, I am more visible than many people when I'm actively playing and therefore more likely to be targeted. I also don't often raise a lot of dragons at once, so it's far nicer to just grab a single code than unhide my scroll, use it to add a single dragon, and re-hide it. Also, if I breed my alts to the AP during holidays and the offspring get stuck behind a wall and might die, I may add them to Silvi's to hatch them and give them a chance at getting picked up.

Edited by TCA

Fair enough. Sorry !