evina

TheEvina's DragHatch

@evina Heads-up: By the looks of things there have been changes to the Dragon Cave API. The API no longer returns information about fogged eggs - they register as non-existent eggs. I get the impression this might be affecting DragHatch - there is a large number of fogged critters in rotation.

Edit: Relevant thread:

Edit II: Looks like the behaviour reverted. Disregard the above!

Edited by pinkgothic

It seems to be down :( Anyone else ?

14 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

It seems to be down :( Anyone else ?

Takes an awful long time to load, but it seems to be there.

And yes - it was a timeout I was getting - but isup.me said it was down. Fine now though - thank goodness :)

BUT - about half the time now I get Error: Unable to load data.

A couple of refreshes fixes it - but it is peculiar to evina's; it doesn't happen on any other fan site I use...

OH - and on chrome it won't load at all: says ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

Edited by Fuzzbucket

On 5/15/2018 at 11:46 AM, Fuzzbucket said:

BUT - about half the time now I get Error: Unable to load data.

A couple of refreshes fixes it - but it is peculiar to evina's; it doesn't happen on any other fan site I use...

OH - and on chrome it won't load at all: says ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

Having the same problem this morning, but it was fine for me last night. 

I had to use firefox to get my hatchlings out.

Thank you for this service! I just plopped my babbus in there~ ❤️

Not working for me just now....

Is the secure-feature not working right for anyone else? I don't use this hatchery much, but I had 'secured' it or whatever, and when I put in my scroll name it would send me to a log-in page. It no longer does that. I deleted all cache/cookies, and logged out of DragonCave, to test it, and it allows me to put in my scroll name and add dragons with no confirmations at all, despite it still saying 'this scroll is secure'. Has something changed there?

6 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Is the secure-feature not working right for anyone else? I don't use this hatchery much, but I had 'secured' it or whatever, and when I put in my scroll name it would send me to a log-in page. It no longer does that. I deleted all cache/cookies, and logged out of DragonCave, to test it, and it allows me to put in my scroll name and add dragons with no confirmations at all, despite it still saying 'this scroll is secure'. Has something changed there?

I still have to log in if my cookie is expired. Are you sure you deleted the correct one?

Before it stopped opening for me, it didn't ask every time; it just said "Your scroll is secure" at the top of the page. Trying to get in (still) I deleted ALL my cookies for the place in case they were corrupt.

I still can't and as I had stuff in there, I asked a friend to try and enter my scroll to see if she could take it out. It still asks her to log in.

On 6/22/2018 at 1:37 AM, Ruby Eyes said:

I still have to log in if my cookie is expired. Are you sure you deleted the correct one?

I wasn't sure, so I deleted all the cookies attached to this browser, and when I went back to draghatch it did send me to the log-in page.... However, once I've logged in it doesn't ask again, even when using it 24 hours later. Is the log-in prompt attached to a cookie? Am I going to have to delete cookies every single day to make sure it will always ask for log-in? That doesn't seem right, and I'm positive that's not how it used to work.

14 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

I wasn't sure, so I deleted all the cookies attached to this browser, and when I went back to draghatch it did send me to the log-in page.... However, once I've logged in it doesn't ask again, even when using it 24 hours later. Is the log-in prompt attached to a cookie? Am I going to have to delete cookies every single day to make sure it will always ask for log-in? That doesn't seem right, and I'm positive that's not how it used to work.

Well, what option are you selecting after logging in? Allow one time access should make you log in every time.

Alternatively, you can go to your browser's cookie management and disallow all cookies from evinext.com which would make you log in every time no matter what you selected.

Not if you agreed to run with not secured....

1 hour ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Well, what option are you selecting after logging in? Allow one time access should make you log in every time.

Alternatively, you can go to your browser's cookie management and disallow all cookies from evinext.com which would make you log in every time no matter what you selected.

Huh, it might be possible I was clicking the 'allow access' instead of 'allow one-time access' without realizing it. If I make sure to click the one-time option it does seem to consistently make me log in. Welp, mystery solved, thanks for being patient with me!

I haven't been able to get on DragHatch in days. It keeps timing out. I tried Firefox and Chrome. Very strange.

I don't know where you are, but I had that last month in Ontario, as did other Ontarians - it's been fine ever since I got back to the UK, and the site owner looked into it and couldn't  see anything wrong. Pinging showed it stopped dead at some server in South America...

I still can't access the site from my computer, but I can get in from my cellphone.

I've been using this hatchery for several months now, and periodically it tells me I need to re-secure my scroll, despite me telling it to allow continuous access or whatever the wording is.

Is there any reason for this? It's a minor annoyance, but I'm getting tired of having to redo this secure scroll thing once or twice a month.

I think it's a - security thing :) I had to do it again today. I suspect a time-limited cookie.

I'm getting "Error: Unable to load data." when trying to view my scroll, and the nursery viewer tells me "Unable to retrieve dragons. Please try again later."

Started last night for me.

on trying to load scroll:

Error: Unable to load data.

and on dragons loading in the windows:

Unable to retrieve dragons. Please try again later.

Need my DragHatch fix! To few good click sites now days...