SlowHornpipe172

Abandon option on breed page

How should this work?  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

just mass breed when locked the eggs are Auto-abandoned to the AP

its what I do

As amusing as it would be for me to collect a bunch of random eggs to egg-lock myself, mass breed, and then abandon the eggs that I collected back into the ap every time...

I would still rather see some way to make this easier.

The method of egg-locking yourself and then breeding is easier. The eggs you breed are automatically abandoned, so you don't have to click a thing. So I don't really see much need for this.

Edited by TheGrox

The method of egg-locking yourself and then breeding is easier. The eggs you breed are automatically abandoned, so you don't have to click a thing. So I don't really see much need for this.

Yes indeed - 7 or less eggs to abandon in the original way when you are done - and if it is TOO much work adding your password - turn off javascript when it's time to abandon. Saves a whole click xd.png

Exactly. Mass-breeding isn't exactly a good thing anyway - unless you intend to only breed uncommons and rares with "nice" lineages. ("Nice" always being in the eye of the beholder.) So why make it easier in the first place?

That being said, breeding when you already have your fill of eggs would sure accomplish the same thing, and with less hassle. Just get your own eggs first.

Unless you wish for this feature so you can cherry-pick the rares from your breedings much easier than you can now, the way things currently work is better than what you suggest.

Exactly. Mass-breeding isn't exactly a good thing anyway - unless you intend to only breed uncommons and rares with "nice" lineages. ("Nice" always being in the eye of the beholder.) So why make it easier in the first place?

That being said, breeding when you already have your fill of eggs would sure accomplish the same thing, and with less hassle. Just get your own eggs first.

Unless you wish for this feature so you can cherry-pick the rares from your breedings much easier than you can now, the way things currently work is better than what you suggest.

I agree with this, that is exactly what I do. It's not hard to find seven eggs you want to keep.

I do sometimes mass breed, though I only breed things for the AP I really like and think others might like too.

At least I think what I do counts...how many eggs do you guys think qualifies as mass breeding?

Yeah, I think I'd find this method of clicking a link (and probably having to input a password since it's an abandon action) would still be more work than just locking myself and then dumping.

Not a function I'd be likely to use.

There is something called LastPass that you may not be aware of. Use it and you won't need to type your password in. Saves you about 5 seconds. smile.gif

I try to flood the AP with red eggs, but I don't think having 70 reds breeding is enough. I like to mass breed when I am egg-locked, but then I get sad if I breed a cool-code egg and it autos. That kind of breeding is way quicker, so I do not think I will bother with an Abandon link on the egg's page.

Or instead of an "abandon" link, why not insert the whole "abandon" action on the successful breeding page? ("In order to abandon this egg blah blah" and the field where you type in your password or the action)

Pros:

+ being able to abandon eggs without leaving the page and without having to egg-lock yourself

+ (in comparison to mass-breeding while egg-locked) no auto-abandoning of cool codes

Cons:

(cannot think of any at the moment)

Or instead of an "abandon" link, why not insert the whole "abandon" action on the successful breeding page? ("In order to abandon this egg blah blah" and the field where you type in your password or the action)

Pros:

+ being able to abandon eggs without leaving the page and without having to egg-lock yourself

+ (in comparison to mass-breeding while egg-locked) no auto-abandoning of cool codes

Cons:

(cannot think of any at the moment)

It's actually unnecessary and will only save one single click: all you have to do when you want to abandon an egg that you just bred is to click in the egg and the page with actions appear.

I honestly don't see an issue with mass breeding, especially nice lineages. I pick up commons with nice lineages from the AP quite frequently, and I'm sure I'm not the only person. smile.gif

As for this idea, I actually really like it. For people on their mobile devices (as I often am), saving even a few clicks is a huge deal when you are talking about doing it over and over. Yes, you can egg lock yourself, but as was mentioned, you might miss a neat code, or something like a red dorsal.

I just bred an egg to test. If you click the egg, it takes you to the egg's page, then you still have to click actions and then release. If release option was right on the egg bred page, it would definitely save a lot of clicks over the course of a mass breed.

Edited by harlequinraven

I mass breed when I'm trying to get eggs for lineages / personal projects.

I don't want to have to egglock myself in order for dumping eggs into the ap that don't turn out to be what I want.

It's just really annoying, to me, to have to go through several pages to abandon the eggs that I don't want to keep.

Egg locking myself does not solve this problem when I am attempting to breed for myself (and more often than not, failing)

And actually, clicking the egg on the breed screen does NOT bring up the actions page. It brings up the HTML page.

Sure, it seems unnecessary to add this, and maybe it is, but for people like me it would save a whole lot of annoyance and a bit of time.

Just my opinion, though.

Now that the AP doesn't affect the cave, mass-breeding really doesn't matter anymore so I am not against it.

Edited by Nectaris

I do not mean to offense by bringing up another argument from another thread, but I would also like to add that apart from the people who use mobile devices there are also people with disabilities that have problems with clicking whatever device they´re using.

Regardless if one mass-breeds or not, I personally think it would be just convenient to have the "abandon" action right on the successful breeding page and it would actually make sense.

I don't know, I like this suggestion. I do mass breed, both for lineages and for the AP. I do not want or like scroll locking myself just to breed for the AP. And if I'm breeding for lineages I can't egg lock myself. Sometimes when I mass breed a nice code will come up that I want, so again locking my scroll doesn't work for me. It takes six clicks to abandon an egg from breeding to abandon, seven to get back to your scroll. This would save me so many clicks, and if you don't like it then abandon the original way.

~Merged as I believe this topic covers what you were suggesting~

unsure.gif

Ah yes....Thank you Sock. When I used the search engine it didn't bring anything else up ;__; So I didn't realize.....

Anyways thanks xd.png