SlowHornpipe172

Abandon option on breed page

How should this work?  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There are two ideas in this post. The first is Slowhornpipe's. Below is Dragon Mage's. Please read over them before voting in the poll.

Sorry if this has already been suggested.

So I, and I know a lot of other breeders, often breed rares and such to abandon them for others. Also some people breed for specific results and abandon whatever else they get. It would just make the process a little easier to be able to abandon right from the breed page:

user posted image

In the case of a multi-clutch, the message would read "abandon all eggs". After clicking the link you'd be prompted to verify just like any normal abandon. There could be a message at the top of the page detailing what exactly abandoning means for newbies (but not a pop up or anything intrusive, just a "Warning! Abandoning your egg would mean it is no longer on your scroll or owned by you." above the password field).

Dragon Mage's Idea

We all know that the servers on DC here get quite a beating every day, mostly through refreshes, but while I was going through the weekly breeding routines, I thought up a way that may cut down on the load a little.

When breeding for eggs, it's almost always for a certain result. When that result isn't gained, the egg is abandoned. However, to do this, you either have to reload your scroll -- and that can have a LOT of sprites on it -- or go through four different exchanges to abandon the egg. (You click on the egg, click on it again, then actions, then abandon link, THEN the approval for abandon.) Which gets pretty tedious if you're like me and breeding a lot of eggs to gift/give away, that's a LOT of page redirects and thus a lot of cumulative load on the server.

So, here's a suggestion: When breeding a new egg (and this is only if you've bred them) when the new egg appears, under the "Back To Actions" link put an abandon button underneath it, with a field to enter your password. Put it in, hit enter, egg is gone. This would cut down on page jumping or scroll refreshing, making it easier for everyone.

Thoughts?

Something like this for Dragon Mages':

user posted image

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I don't think this is really needed. It is just as easy to go onto your scroll page, click the eggs action button, and abandon.

I would also love this feature, there are many eggs i breed just to drop into the AP so it would be nice not to have to the actions page, ect ect

I don't think this is really needed. It is just as easy to go onto your scroll page, click the eggs action button, and abandon.

It's needless clicking. Every good website makes an effort to reduce the number of clicks that the user needs to perform a single action. If you can alleviate even a single click, people will love you for it.

Sure it seems okay when you only do a few breedings a week, but if you're going through hundreds of pairs all at once, it really adds up.

All that said, I suggested this like a year ago, particularly for multiclutches. As long as multiclutching is possible*, an option to abandon the entire clutch, single or otherwise, would be a great boon.

* which it will remain as long as people continue their sentimental "BUT I WANT A QUAD SOMEDAY" whining while on the other side complaining about the clogged AP that is partly caused by their precious multiclutching...

Edited by Lythiaren

It's needless clicking. Every good website makes an effort to reduce the number of clicks that the user needs to perform a single action. If you can alleviate even a single click, people will love you for it.

Sure it seems okay when you only do a few breedings a week, but if you're going through hundreds of pairs all at once, it really adds up.

All that said, I suggested this like a year ago, particularly for multiclutches. As long as multiclutching is possible*, an option to abandon the entire clutch, single or otherwise, would be a great boon.

* which it will remain as long as people continue their sentimental "BUT I WANT A QUAD SOMEDAY" whining while on the other side complaining about the clogged AP that is partly caused by their precious multiclutching...

Actually, if people are breeding hundreds of pairs to dump on the AP, I'd say, the more clicks in between, the better, lol.

Eh, it seems like it wouldn't make too big of a difference, but it also seems like it wouldn't be too hard to code in either. I'd personally like it a lot.

I don't know if multiclutches make so much of a difference. I haven't had one personally in months and months. But I'd like for the wilderness dragons to stop breeding, even if the AP is empty.

Actually, if people are breeding hundreds of pairs to dump on the AP, I'd say, the more clicks in between, the better, lol.

It is not our place to dictate the playstyles of others; this includes crippling them just because we're tired of caveblock.

Besides, you never know why someone else may be breeding a lot of pairs at once. For all we know they could be breeding metallics for a trade.

Edited by Lythiaren

I definitely agree with this. I'm one of those that tries to breed my rares to drop them on the AP, and it's more a hassle for me to clickclickclick, type, in my password and click somemore, so I don't do it as often.

Exactly.

Glad people like. ^^

I need this. I really do.

Especially when I'm breeding for a specific egg (usually rare), and already have 4 eggs. Then I don't have to click my scroll, then actions, everytime I want to abandon the egg that I don't need. It becomes a hassle when I'm breeding more than a few pairs of dragons.

Yup! This would help! I prefer not to have to click on my scroll, click the actions page for the egg I want to abandon, click the abandon option, type in my password, and click the submit button, and then click the "okay, I want to drop it" thing in the pop up.

Instead, you could just click on the link, type in your password, click submit, and then the verification.

Which one sounds better? biggrin.gif

Yeah, I would like this a lot. I liked it when it was suggested a long time ago, and I still do, even if I do not breed very much anymore. This kind of thing helps a lot when either the cave lags, or my own connection and/or computer lags.

Edited by Nectaris

I don't see why not, and as someone has already pointed out, it's a web designer's "duty" to reduce the amount of clicks for the people using the site

I like this idea! I really only breed my metallics for trades and it would help if I could more easily drop the non-metallics I get on the way.

I would also love this feature, there are many eggs i breed just to drop into the AP so it would be nice not to have to the actions page, ect ect

Me too! It can get very tedious to do it over and over when you are mass breeding your scroll of 300 + dragons, and usually all on the same day! blink.giftongue.gif

I kinda want this

as once in a blue moon I breed my more desirable dragons just to drop in the ap

Actually, it would nice to have even if you don't have a multi-clutch. I like to breed my pygmys for the express purpose of abandoning them and they usually only give me one egg (once I had 2). It would be nice to not have to go through and manually abandon it.

I support this idea. I also breed rare/uncommon dragons so I can send them out to some lucky person in the AP, and if any clicks were taken off the routine it would be much easier.