SlowHornpipe172

Abandon option on breed page

How should this work?  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ah! Well, I didn't see that thread, but thank you purplehaze. My idea is a little different as it reduces the amount of clicks even further, but if a mod wishes to merge the threads, I guess it's all the same. :\

This would be a very convenient option! I don't abandon much of what I breed when I'm unlocked, but fewer steps would be appreciated. It might actually make a slight change in my play style, too. wink.gif I'll support this idea. smile.gif

Glad this has some support!

Having read the entire thread posted 3 years ago, I've got to say that I find this one button enabling mass-breeding-blockage a little far-fetched. The eggs will be abandoned anyway, and the queue makes sure they're spaced out. Besides, this would help reduce load on the server, which is a factor not previously considered.

Indeed, if one wants to REALLY cut down on all the rejections from people breeding for rares, the solution seems very simple to me:

Let rares breed with each other.

Problem solved. No more common-egg rejects. Win-win situation. Sure, the breeding rate would be pretty low, but at least you're guaranteed a desirable egg and it would neatly solve the common rejects blocking the AP. That's how I see it at least. Could be I'm not seeing a complication that would arise from this, but it appears like quite a viable option to me.

Let rares breed with each other.

Problem solved. No more common-egg rejects. Win-win situation. Sure, the breeding rate would be pretty low, but at least you're guaranteed a desirable egg and it would neatly solve the common rejects blocking the AP. That's how I see it at least. Could be I'm not seeing a complication that would arise from this, but it appears like quite a viable option to me.

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=117444

rare x rare has been allowed for some time

rare x rare has been allowed for some time

Hax. Mine all immediately reject each other. Hmm.... could be a deadline one when the breeds were made?

Well then, I amend my statement. Since the previous thread was made BEFORE the rare x rare breeding was implemented, the AP clogging withe common-rejects wouldn't be nearly as much a problem today as it was then. Got to keep our considerations up-to-date.

Edited by Dragon Mage

As mentioned above, Rare x Rare has been allowed for quite a while. ninja.gif

The only thing still not permitted is Holiday x Holiday off season, but it works when the dragons are capable of breeding true.

That aside, this would be a convenient option- especially for breeders who routinely pitch eggs that they don't want.

Edited by Daypaw

Please no! People who dump their rejects - which are probably of a common breed that already blocks the AP - don't need to have it made any easier for them to block the AP.

Please no! People who dump their rejects - which are probably of a common breed that already blocks the AP - don't need to have it made any easier for them to block the AP.

Well, it really doesn't stop them from being abandoned anyways. And look at it like this:

Slowing down the abandon time will punish breeders of any kind.

But since that doesn't actually stop them, it isn't really an effective punishment/deterrent. However, all the page leaping does put load on the server, and that punishes everyone. For the sake of the entire site, it would benefit everyone.

And here's an idea: Why don't we test-drive this for a month or something? It really isn't that drastic an alteration, and if it does screw up the AP, it can be removed. I don't see where the harm is in trying.

What I support is an option to go straight to the egg's actions page, rather than the ability to abandon instantly. I think having it TOO easy would encourage people who haven't been breeding to breed more. I understand that there is a queue system, but I don't think it is helping much.

What I support is an option to go straight to the egg's actions page, rather than the ability to abandon instantly. I think having it TOO easy would encourage people who haven't been breeding to breed more. I understand that there is a queue system, but I don't think it is helping much.

I think that's a reasonable compromise. Anything to cut down the page-hopping would be a boon, really.

I was actually deciding what to do with these when suddenly wild merge appeared! Apparently it was successful, lol. But I did go in and edit the first post and added a poll (with really bad wording - any suggestions?).

I was actually deciding what to do with these when suddenly wild merge appeared! Apparently it was successful, lol. But I did go in and edit the first post and added a poll (with really bad wording - any suggestions?).

Badly worded is right, lol. I don't know which is what I want.

Hmmm, Cinnamin Draconna, it's number 2 that was my original idea.

For the #1 wording how about this: On the successful breeding page, add a link the the new eggs' actions.

Little more clear. happy.gif

Yea, I merged it. x3

ninja.gif

~

Stole Dragon Mage's wording (thanks!) and added names to the ideas. Is that any better?

No problem! happy.gif That's much better, thank you!

@Cinnamin Draconna, there was no poll for the picture in the first post, it's from a thread made 3 years ago, and it never had a poll. happy.gif'

Edited by Dragon Mage

would love the addition of Slowhornpipe

so much easier than then 5 or 6 clicks it takes me now to AP a bred egg.

At this current moment, there are two ways (that I am currently aware of) to abandon eggs that you have bred to your scroll. The first is to breed drag1 to drag2, click the egg they breed which opens the codes window, click the egg again which opens it's view window, then click actions where you click abandon, input your password, then click "abandon" (or hit enter, if you're like me)

The second way is to just click the "dragons" link at the top of your scroll once the egg is bred, click the actions button next to the egg on your scroll, click abandon, input your password, and then click abandon.

While I don't see it as a huge issue, there are some people who like to mass-breed their dragons specifically for the purpose of sending them directly to the AP.

My suggestion is this:

Once you successfully breed two dragons and come up with an egg, have an "abandon" link somewhere on that successful breeding page.

I just feel as if this would save a lot of time (and cut our amount of clicks quite a bit, too).

just mass breed when locked the eggs are Auto-abandoned to the AP

its what I do