Roon

Roon's Art Thread! Remember me? 8D

thanks!

A quick warm up before I start real work - I feel like I haven't drawn in forever @_@

user posted image

It's good to get stretched before getting serious ^^ And it's cute anyhow.

On an offbeat note, on another site you're a planet :>

Just a reminder that board rules apply here, too. Chatting needs to be taken to PMs, IRC, or the CPA thread in forum games.

D'aw, I dunno if that lion is cuter or the mouse is cuter. x3

This isn't spam its a conversation. It's not bothering anyone, so what's the justification behind applying the rule here?

I want people to be able to have conversations here.

This topic is about your art. Any other conversation is off-topic and spam. After much debate, we allowed one chat topic on DC and that is CPA. If you guys would like another place to chat, perhaps try creating another forum or an IRC channel. If you have any further questions, please feel free to PM me. :3

I want to have conversations here, it is not harming anyone. If it's about my art, why can't I be the one to decide what goes on in it? It's not like we've said anything inappropriate.

I just want to be friendly with everyone who posts in my art thread, and get to know everyone. No chat topic is going to do the same for me.

PM'ing you, as that is where this conversation belongs. Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

...*creeps in an does awkward jig to kick through any possible tension*

And that's impressive for a warm-up :D It looks like they're talking to each other/communicating in a way that doesn't mean one will end up eaten. The lion is so cute, and the mouse is such an adorable weetle baby!

I'm really glad you're back, Roon, and that you're stress-free (on the other hand, I have AP's next month... wait, less than that. AHH! I hope I'm still alive after that).

/valiantly tries to be flippant

The mouse totally intends to eat that lion 8D 8D 8D

APs are tests of the scary kind, I'm assuming? 8D haha I have a week-long placement in a high school coming up .-. I am terrified.

Hahaha I almost considered that, which is why I didn't specify which ate which, but you can just see something in the mouse's expression.

AP tests are hard, but dumb (collegeboard can make tests like that). Ah! Good luck on your placement tests!

Edited by zephyr_123

I was thinking about that, but I'm finding it hard to determine what's would be considered "discussing Roon's art" and what would be off-topic. I don't mean to try and usurp you or question your authority. I just want clarification for something.

Would one only be allowed to talk about art? Basically, I think each previous post contains one "on-topic" comment and one "off-topic" one. All comments must only be completely about Roon's art?

Edited by zephyr_123

... really??

I'm honestly about to rage-quit. Can you just leave it alone? Who's it hurting? Really now???

Edited by Roon

This does seem slightly off... I mean, most of my inspiration has come from people posting on my thread and telling me things and stuff. (Like one person who has been writing stories about a horse dragon clan, also I'm duing a lovely picture for them of a horse dragon.)

Without actually talking to people, it just seems like I'm producing stuff and they get it, that's it. I rather enjoy getting to know and talk to people on my art thread, especially those who come to request, to get to know them is to make art that suits them better.

*gives Roon a cookie*

Please don't rage-quit, we'll miss you!

Also, how is my commission coming along Roon?

*edit for typos*

Edited by athdaraxen

Hey guys, Khay here. Sock pointed out a good point. =) If you guys are posting with the intent of talking about art, that's fine. If you guys are posting with the intent to keep up casual chatter, and then tacking on something about the art, that is a different story.

We didn't make the rules on DC. We simply go by what the admin tell us to do. Having chat topics is considered spam, and we have to try to allow members to have CPA. Members can also communicate via IRC, and PM. We didn't create these rules and suddenly start enforcing them. It's something that has been brought up time and time again.

Whether it is hurting someone or not, it is TJ's site. His rules. =) All we ask is that you please follow them.

Hopefully, this clears things up.

I'm under threat of thread-closer if you guys talk about anything not relevant to the art.

Even if your comments include anything not relevant to art.

I've contacted TJ, since that's the only thing I can do at the moment. I'll keep you guys updated.

A journal header for dA

user posted image

You can see the new journal layout over at lil-dragon-blue.deviantart.com

8D I worked..so hard on that XD