LoveLost

Pern: A World of Dragonriders and Dragons

Lerin eyed his sculpture and made no effort to hide her distaste. "Would you like me to smash that for you?" she asked contemptuously gesturing at the shaped block of stone. "It would probably be fitting" she added. She raised an eyebrow at him, moving to stand behind him. "Not in the mood?" she asked, placing her hands on his shoulders gently. "Well, isn't that too bad" she whispered into his ear seductively before moving off to pace. It was one of her few habits but one she took to strongly.

She listened to his plan, amused and at the same time irrationally irritated. The thought of him marrying filled her with disgust and contempt, as well as a hint of anger. If he were to marry someone, and even worse possibly even fall in...love with her, then that someone would have a much stronger pull than Lerin herself did and that just wouldn't do. No, she would find a way to sabotage the plans somehow. "Oh you poor little man, unable to bed a little holder tramp. Whatever shall you do?" she asked mockingly, rolling her eyes openly at Terin. "I guess you'll just have to go sate your lusts elsewhere. Besides, I don't know what damage I could have done anyway. By the sounds of it your plan was pretty well ruined from the start."

T'ron raised an eyebrow at the jump and the sounds of surprise that came from his new companion. "You ok?" he asked, surprised at her reaction. "Sorry, didn't know I was that scary!" He winked, trying to lighten the mood with a bit of humor. Though many may not have noticed, T'ron did catch the trembling of her barely hidden hands. Many called him oblivious because he chose not to take the none-too-subtle hints to back off that were often cast his way at first. However, he did tend to catch the small things that just seemed unusual. He didn't say anything though, simply placing his arm about her shoulders protectively.

He glanced back at Tsinth as they made their way slowly to the kitchens. Her voice seemed a bit...strained but again he let her be. "Yeah, he does seem that way doesn't he?" he responded, not particularly surprised by the display. "Hey, at least he knows what he wants" he added with a laugh.

Tsinth noticed the tremors quaking the body of his mate and nuzzled her affectionately. She kept trying to apologize despite his repeated assurances that he understood, he felt the pull too. He tried to feed his strong affections along their link, finding no words he could use to make the situation better.

T'nor laughed as Gora jumped. He walked up and drew her into a gentle embrace. "Well, if there's nothing we need to do at the moment, maybe we could just sneak away together and be alone for a bit," he suggested, wanting to get away from the crowds and groups of people that seemed sometimes to be an ever-present part of weyr life. Something that was going to take him a very long time to acclimate to. "Unless you have any objections to being alone with me." he added, thinking about his previous statement again and slightly regretting his choice of words.

Leroth hummed contentedly, glancing up at the ornament now sitting atop his back. Now we can do less boring stuffs he informed her happily

"Touch it and lose a hand." Terin said, ice layering over his words. He may loath dragon riders, hate dragons, but his stone work was his life's blood before becoming a dragon rider. His father had taught him how to shape stone using his tools, and now that he was dragonless, stone crafting was once more his craft. Sure he often disliked this particular work, but that didn't mean he wanted it destroyed. At least not yet.

Terin watched Lerin with mock interest. He knew this game, they often played it. She would try to seduce him, and he would pretend to be interested. It never went past that though. "It was still worth a try. I could easily write to her father and put pressure on him so that he'd pressure her." But that would be worthless. Heedana would proceed to hate him for all eternity and would use the weyr as a protective barrier between him and her to avoid marriage. He grinned darkly and then went to Lerin. With a light caress, he traced a finger across her cheek and chin. "Don't be jealous my pet, she's no where near as vital as you are." This was also part of their little game.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

S'ron was half skipping towards the food hall when he almost ran into the young Lishi. "Oh hell there, Lishi right?" S'ron said with a broad smile. He continued to smile pleasantly even as Retirrrith walked up and snuffled at Lishi. "You know if you get any bigger, you won't be able to walk around inside with me anymore. You'll have to learn how to fly and meet me everywhere." S'ron idly told his growing dragon.

Lerin quirked an eyebrow at his odd protestation to her destruction of the sculpture. Interesting... she said, pondering a potential weakness. She couldn't tell though, whether his attachment was to his fallen mount or to the sculpture itself. She knew he had been, and still was, a mason. So she wasn't sure if his attachment was to the work or what it represented. Either ay, she knew she would find out. It was too interesting an idea not to exploit. "Lose a hand?" she said, feigning mock injury. She clutched her hands to her barely restrained breasts as if protecting them. "But then what would i do my dirty deeds with?" she asked with a mischievous wink, leaving it open to interpretation.

"You could, sure. But at the risk of bringing scrutiny down upon yourself. You play a dangerous enough game approaching the prospect at all. Our place is in the shadows, striking unseen. To be forced to operate at all in the open would be...damaging" She shook her head in disapproval. "Really dear Terin, i thought you were smarter than that. Perhaps i chose the wrong partner...?" She gave him a questioning look before smiling softly. It was another part of their game, but her heart, or perhaps the sliver of sharpened ice that had replaced it, was not in it at the moment.

She raised an eyebrow as he ran his finger across her cheek, a much gentler touch than was his preferred norm. "Pet am i?" her eyes glinting with both humor and threat. "Well i wouldn't be a very well trained one. Watch out, i may bite" She snapped at him mockingly before walking back to the side of the chamber. She sat down heavily in the chair at his work bench and carelessly put her feet up on his precious tools. "Enough banter. Where do we stand?" she said, abruptly the playfulness in her humor evaporating leaving behind it the cold, sharp steel of her business-like nature.

Terin chose to ignore her comments about what she would do if he were to take her hand. He rolled his eyes and took a broom to begin cleaning up the floor of his workshop. Stone dust and chips tended to make floors unsafe and he'd prefer not to fall. "Doing nothing would also seem out of place Lerin," Terin said evenly. "As a holder myself, it is expected of me to marry. Being dragonless has placed me in a very strange predicament. Without any brothers or sisters to take care of my families hold and my uncles health being as poor as it is," Terin grinned maliciously. It was poor for a reason. "I must take care of my families hold, if only to keep those allied to us happy." he was of course talking about the traders.

Terin pulled back his hand and scowled at Lerin. "Not much has changed in the last few days." Terin said calmly as he walked over. He picked up her feet and dropped them off of his work table and onto the ground. "I've recently come in contact with a dragon rider named Aoi who is also a very skilled smith." Terin explained. "I'll be stopping by later to see what she's done with the aluminum she requested. I'm hoping that she'll eventually work for us exclusively." Because she was a dragon rider, they would have to be slow and careful about winning her over.

"Our allies have been slow in infiltrating the southern weyr. The fishermen and sailors that you've brought into our venture," Terin looked at her critically. "Haven't been as cooperative and forthcoming as you said they would be. The traders to the west are headed towards Fort for the turnly meeting with other traders and holders. They hope to attain new trading deals and ventures for us."

Lerin watched him wander about the workshop, meticulously making sure his workshop was clean. It always struck her as odd that a criminal like him would be so fond of cleanliness. Sure it was fairly orderly when she was back on her parents ship but loose things in stormy seas could become hazardous in a hurry. She waved off his arguments dismissively. "You're a dragon rider who's dragon has died." she said simply, callously. "Nobody expects you to do much of anything other than kill yourself or die of misery. When your mount died you ceased to be of any real use to them and therefore become of little interest. Some might say that it was a good thing, what happened. From an economic standpoint anyway." She gave no hint of malice, which most people found even more unnerving than her simple, pragmatic approach to death and misery.

She grinned in amusement and allowed him to drop her feet back to the floor. She waited for him to walk away before casually putting them up again, just to irritate him. The idea of a new recruit, especially one with rather useful skills, made her perk up slightly. "Hm...i wouldnt mind meeting this new person myself." she said thoughtfully. She then turned her playful, seductive grin back on Terin before adding, "I promise i'll behave. Mostly" She winked and dropped her feet to the floor before Terin could remove them again, standing and beginning to pace again.

She listened to the rest of her report, nodding occasionally. At the mention of her recruits for Southern she just laughed and shrugged. "What can i say? They neither like nor trust you. Little i can say or do will change that. Besides, you know things are progressing as you expected. Things seem to be going quite well, all in all. Slower than i'd like but" she paused and shrugged. "eventually none will be able to get in our way."

"Oh, K'leb. I knew you and Hethath could." It was all Soria could muster up the will to say, both because of Atisith's emotions and and her own reaction to them. If Soria had thought she could, she would cheered for Hethath's victory. She'd stilled when she'd felt K'leb kiss her, but held no qualm in returning the kiss. Her hands busied themselves by reaching for his shoulders as they kissed until she pulled back from him. Smiling up at K'leb, Soria let the rest of the world fade. It wasn't as if they held any place here in her mind.

((>.> So, um, yeah...))

Lishi almost scowled at him, but she forced herself to put on a believable smile. "Yes, my name is Lishi," she said. The young man wasn't commenting on her late arrival to training, nor was he being overly "nice" the way people did right before they stabbed others in the back. So she was able to prevent herself from automatically assuming he was an enemy. "Who're you?

Valiath looked at the dragon. Hi, I'm Valiath, she said by way of greeting. What's your name? Have our riders met before? She gave a toothy grin. I hope your rider can get mine into a better mood. She's yelling at him in her head right now. Oops, don't say I said that or she'll get angry again!

((Hope that isn't too pathetic...))

Cleo ducked her head, acknowledging what Lessa said. She was grateful, too. The Weyrwoman of Benden could have been much nastier about rebuking a junior queenrider. She looked over at Neith. The queen's color didn't have the intensity that it'd had before she rose. And her emotions didn't have that flavor of desire and frustration that made the rising so terrible for them both. The striped queen was just hanging out, soaking in the hot Southern sun.

Aoi was unaware of the planned visit from Terin but she was certainly making good uses of the aluminum. At the moment she was finishing the last bit of ornate shaping on a new breast plate. For the best forging method she had created numerous sheets of the metal and proceeded to beat them to their limits. The traditional folding methods would be viable, but they were going to take longer due to the heating issues of the metal she reflected. Irregardless she had a successful design and was now producing fine armor from the aluminum.

((don't forget about all the traps to her entrance when you visit))

Edited by jaina

1298 AL- Threadfall over Bitra:

Iotenth dove, evading a thick clump of Thread, quickly reduced to char. Behind him, he heard someone scream, their dragon roaring in pain as it took them between. M’han and Orluth. Iotenth reported. They’re back at the Weyr now.

“Tanistha will have a lot on her hands today.” V’nov said as another cluster of Thread was seared to ashes. Tzilth had clutched only three days before, so the junior Weyrwoman was grounded, caring for the injured. V’nov knew his Weyrmate resented not being able to fly, but the clutch was worth it. Thrity-six eggs, and one of them a gold!

Well, of course, considering the parentage. Iotenth quipped, adding I doubt Pullanth could do as well. It was no secret that Iotenth had been in a rivalry with the Weyrleader’s dragon for years. Given the usually short memory of the dragons, it was nothing short of remarkable that they’d kept it up.

“Mind on the Fall.” V’nov said, reminding himself as much as his dragon. There had already been a high number of casualties, and V’nov didn’t plan on adding to the list. The pair banked sharply, taking out more of the lethal, ravenous strands.

The Fall stretched on. The Thread was falling oddly, and more dragons had gone down. Fortunately, there had not yet been any fatalities. Iotenth flamed again and again, pausing only for more firestone. V’nov was starting to tire, and he could tell that Iotenth was as well. “Not long now.” He muttered.

“V’nov!” The bronze rider barely had time to hear the warnig before he felt the Thread eating into his back and side, heard Iotenth’s shriek of pain. He knew that he was shrieking too. Home! The Weyr! His mind screamed, and then they were gone, between.

The numb cold of between was a blessing. In the back of his mind, V’nov started his usual count.

One.

V’nov thought of Tanistha. She kept him strong. Because of her, he knew he could make it through this. Because of her, he could make it through anything.

Two.

V’nov thought of his home, his first home, of his parents in Benden Hold. He wondered if they would come to see him while he was laid up at the Weyr.

Three.

Nothing happened. No light, no air, no Weyr. The cold and the darkness persisted, and V’nov screamed silently into the void…

Now- Over Benden Weyr:

A bronze dragon burst out of between, and the watch-dragon’s challenge died on its lips as it took in the shredded wing membrane, the deep scores down the dragon’s side, the lack of consciousness, and the equally unconscious rider on his back, as the bronze dragon began to tumble through the air…

Xyliana smiled at T'ron and continued walking into the kitchens and grabbed herself something while getting a little extra just in case T'ron was hungry. It felt good to have his arms around her shoulders and knew that she needed the comfort. "Well I am glad that He caught her. That's for sure." she said with a slightly cheeky smile as she sat down near the fire even though it wasn't that chilly outside. She took a massive bite of the meat that was there and swallowed hungrily. "You want anything?" she asked him then took a bite of her piece of rare fruit.

Vixenith calmed when she felt the emotions that her beloved mate sent to her. She found herself smiling and cuddling all the closer to him.

Gora frowned when T'nor said that she might mind staying with him for a bit and kissed his cheek softly. "How could I mind being with you?" she asked and then gasped when she saw a dragon rider and his dragon falling from the sky. She looked around wondering if anyone else saw this. "I think that we can go and be alone together." she said as she noticed a dark brick red dragon taking off high into the air with it's rider clinging to it for dear life...without a saddle.

K'leb grinned and let the world slip away and all emotion envelop him and his beloved as they let their hearts take over. Hethath looked up passively with some alarm in his mind as he watched another dragon. His mind was still hazy with the preoccupation and it didn't connect that the dragon may have been in trouble.

E'ran heard the shriek of alarm from the watch dragon and released Sesania reluctantly. "Looks like Cleo left at the wrong time." he said angrily as he looked out the weyr then his face became slightly pale. "Shards!" he exclaimed and saw Gleanixth sitting there waiting for his rider after licking the poor Emeroth. The rising was over, they could come out now. But E'ran, as senior researcher, had a job since K'leb was preoccupied and he had no idea where any of the other large bronzes were. Geanixth, call Xitith! He shouted to his dragon mentally and then watched as G'lor and Xitith took off into the air beside them. He flew to catch the dragon as easily as he could and watched as his almost disproportionally strong Blood dragon took a gentle hold of the dragon on one side and worked as a team with Xitith to get the dragon to safety.

Xitith flew into the air with G'lor on his back and allowed the dragon to rest safely on his side as he worked with Gleanixth to get the dragon to the ground. Luckily a few other dragons noticed what was going on and went without their riders. As soon as they touched the ground, Xitith bugled his call of need to the riders that were out there projecting it into their minds.

Xyliana jumped when she heard Xitith call. "NEVER a moments rest!" she complained loudly. Without Cleo, Xyliana and (I forgot her name!!!) were the two most qualified healers there. She ran to where she saw a seriously injured dragon and a rider that was gently being pulled off of his dragon. "T'ron! Get the weyrlings." she called out to her love. The weyrlings had to be trained with this kind of thing. There was already a table underneath the shredded wing and Xyliana already had the pieces starting to be pieced together.

Ezran walked out of where she had just been resting for a moment. T'lom hadn't been around for awhile (I'm assuming forgotten) and walked out to where she could see a dragon injured terribly and a rider scored. She hopped up on Jubilath and the two flew down and Ezran immediately took care of the rider. She grabbed numbweed and slathered it on after making sure that Thread hadn't burrowed into the man's back. His thread score was right where hers was... She smiled at the thought as she asked a few of the male drudges to set him on a table to be taken care of. She moved with deft fingers and peeled away the scorched shirt and jacket then picked out any pieces that had been seared into the skin and put more numbweed on.

S'ron grinned pleasantly. "I'm S'ron. We uh...kind of met earlier when I proposed to Heedana." There was nothing false about his smile. He wore his emotions on his sleeve, at least that's what Robinton had always told him. Even when being yelled out S'ron would simply smile and be his happy self. He'd had plenty of practice. "And I like to remember names." He was good at remembering names.

Retirrrith nudged past his rider to go to the gold. "I'm Retirrrith!" Retirrrith said happily, his riders good nature and happiness reflected in him. "S'rrron rrrememberrrs everrryone! 'e must 'ave met 'er while 'ith 'eedana" Retirrrith said in his odd way. "Mine can make anyone 'appy!" Retirrrith said confidently.

~~~~~~~~~~

Sesania sighed softly, her body relaxing as Emeroth relaxed. She felt through her dragon when the mating flight ended and she was glad for it. Sesania wasn't sure how much more Emeroth could have taken, even with Gleanixth calming her. After a few minutes of quiet contemplation, she too heard the alarm. She looked back towards the dragon's entrance to the weyr. Her eyes went wide as she saw the dragon falling from the sky. She stepped out of the way for E'ran and Gleanixth.

Even as they left Sesania turned to her dragon. "Come on Emeroth, we'll be needed." Even with her duties as the weyr harper, she was also a dragon rider. She had to be trained in the ways of thread scoring treatment. Almost as soon as they were heading down the stairs, Emeroth notified her rider that all weyrlings had been called. Sesania smiled ironically and nodded. She half ran through the weyr, heading to the ground level.

It didn't take the two long to get to the thread scored dragon and his rider. "What can I do?" Sesania asked Ezran as she approached the wounded rider. Sesania was unable to put a name to the rider, and she did try. S'ron was better at remembering names then her.

Emeroth went to the wounded dragon. Being small, even for a growing dragon, she was able to slip past those that were healing the dragon. Gently, carefully, the little gray slipped under the dragon's wing and close to his side. She was horribly worried for the bronze, and she didn't know what she could do to make him feel better. She ended up laying down against his side, watching him with wide swirling eyes. Maybe when she was bigger she might be able to do more then watch and wait.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Terin barked out a laugh at Lerin's blunt words. His eyes went wild for a moment with denial. As if he'd let his dragon's death bring him down. He was stronger then that, and more stubborn. He'd gone from being a powerful dragon rider with a promising future, to a member of the lower weyr in just a day. And he'd refused to give into what people expected of him. That aside, he was going to go on living and be strong. "Lerin, you know nothing of what is expected of me." He said coldly. Terin wasn't talking about what others expected of him, it's what he expected of himself.

"Anyway. Let's get moving. Aoi should have made something by now and I'd like to inspect her creations." For now that was the next thing on his agenda. "If you want to join me, that's fine. But for the sake of the first egg, don't anger her! We actually need this one." Terin warned with a low growl. He left his workshop then with orders to his servant to make sure no one entered. He also told the servant to get someone to take the chairs back up to the weyrleaders weyr.

Terin lead the way through the lower weyr, smiling slightly and giving acknowledging hellos when needed. It wasn't long until they reached Aoi's forge. "Wait here." Terin warned. He took one step inside and stopped. "Aoi? I'd rather not get impaled by your traps" Terin called out, the dragon rider not in his direct line of sight.

~~~~~~~~~~

Lessa looked off into the distance and Ramoth raised her head, looking in the direction of Benden as if she could see her home from the shores of Southern. "Atisith has finished rising. It's safe to head back now." Lessa said. She stood and dusted off her riding gear and waited for Ramoth to come out of the water. The giant gold walked out of the ocean and shook herself dry before kneeling so her rider could climb up. "I need to go to Southern Weyr for a moment. Head back to Benden F'lar and I will arrive shortly." With that Ramoth rose into the air and they blinked between to go back to the Southern Weyr.

Edited by Ethril Dragon

Aoi had been quick quenching some spear heads when a mildly familiar voice called down to her from the entrance of the smithy. Closing the door to the forge hearth, she waved a finger at Sedath to warn her to be careful as she headed for the entrance. Once there she confirmed his identity despite his guest and left their sight for a moment as she grabbed a lever and disengaged the traps, all of them becoming inert with a series of clinking, racheting, and thudding noises. Once she was sure thy were all undone, she headed up the tunnel to Terin and his guest. She still had her apron and gloves on and soot streaked her face and hair, but it failed to diminish her beauty as she spoke. "Please feel free to enter, but ask before you touch anything, some items are not safe." Her voice was bland and dispassionate at having been interrupted.

Cleo nodded to Lessa, then walked over to Neith's shoulder and climbed back up into the saddle. Maybe she could get some food when they got back to Benden. She waited for the Weyrwoman to go between, then gave her queen the signal to take to the air. Long practice let Cleo move with Neith, presenting less of a burden to the great dragonness, and allowed her to keep her balance without relying overmuch on the safety straps, which were getting old and definitely needed replacing. Once at an appropriate altitude, she said Let's go home, Neith. Atisith will be there, after her flight. The young queenrider focused on the view of the Bowl from above the Star Stones. The pair went between.

They blinked back into existence right where and when they wanted, with a new surprise. Which Cleo decided just figured with how her day had been going so far. She signaled Neith to land nearby. Once on the ground, Cleo ran over to the stricken bronze, evaluating his condition and the progress of treatment. Neith followed at a more sedate pace, settling nearby, waiting to exert her calming influence when the bronze awoke. The striped queen noticed the little gray she had met earlier. Move away, Emeroth. He might struggle when he wakes and do you harm unthinking. Come wait with me.

Cleo told the woman working on the dragon's wing, "Good job. Focus on putting the wing back together. We can slather him with numbweed when he starts to actually feel it." She watched for his chest to move, and sighed in relief when it did. She laid one hand on his shoulder, to keep track of how much pain he was feeling. Neith, does the rider breathe? she asked her dragon. After a moment, the queen responded, He breathes steadily. Cleo next followed the lines of bone that supported the bronze's wing membrane, looking for any breaks or scores. Those would be much less easy to deal with.

Terin recognized the disinterest in Aoi's voice. They'd interrupted her while she was working on something. Terin knew how annoying it was to be interrupted while doing something he loved, when he was working with his stone and his tools, it was like the world meant nothing. He had a moment of almost peace, like when his dragon had been alive and they used to fly alone over the mountains. "I apologize for interrupting you Aoi, I was just wondering how the aluminum was working out for you. Is there anything else you would like?" Terin asked as he followed the woman into her smithy.

He looked back at Lerin warningly. He was worried that she might try to do something now that she'd been warned not too. Lerin was like that, always doing what she was told not too. "This is Lerin, my associate." Terin said lightly, with an almost warm smile. "When I told her of your prowess she insisted on coming to see your work."

~~~~~~~~~~~

Edit:

Emeroth was hesitant to leave the Bronzes side. She wanted to be helpful, but Neith was right, she could get hurt if the unknown bronze were to struggle and squish her. Carefully, she crawled out from under the outstretched wing and away from the bronzes side. She went and laid down next to Neith. "I want to help." Emeroth told the striped queen shyly. "but...I don't know what to do." Emeroth looked over at the bronze worriedly. Even as young as she was, she knew she did not like to see others in pain.

Edited by Ethril Dragon

"The aluminum working is coming along quite well. You may cone and see what I have done so far, as may your associate. As for interupting me, I was in the middle of nothing important." Aoi replied before turning to head back in. She made a brief waving gesture telling the two of them to follow along behind her. She was a little worried, but also interested about the associate Terin was bringing along, she didn't know her, and that meant a lack of trust on her part. Edited by jaina

Vixenith calmly walked over to the bronze and sat in front of his nose. She looked to Emeroth and motioned with her wing for the little one to come over and sit by her. Emeroth, you will be able to help when he awakes. Because of our heritage and our new blood, we remember more, and are able to help control the minds of the dragons when they are in pain. Trust me, you will be able to help. She said easily as she looked at the dragons unconscious body. She already started to search his mind and started to block those sensors that allowed his mind to feel pain. She had done this so many times that it was starting to become a normal thing for her.

Xyliana smiled at the encouragement from Cleo and continued her work. "I'm not as experienced with things dealing with the dragon body Weyrwoman, but to me, this isn't looking that good." she said pesimistically which was rather odd for the usually optimistic Xyliana. She continued to work on the wing trying harder and harder to piece it together as fast as she could so that she could start sewing. In another few minutes she had half of the wing pieced together and sewed it together quickly with stitches that would hold, but wouldn't irritate. It was then that she had to work on the other side of the wing and she set her jaw to get to it.

Seventeen year old Ezran looked at Cleo then looked at Jubilath as the dragon nodded her head. Queen dragon? Jubilath asked the queen dragon. Is there anything that I may do? Jubilath only wanted to help. If there was anything that needed to be transported she could do it easily and swiftly. Ezran looked down at the rider and made sure that he would be able to breathe. To aide him in doing so, she propped up his arms beside his chest and kept her white blue eyes on the man watching for any signs of him waking up.

Heedana nodded to Lessa and walked over to Tilleth who reluctantly allowed her rider on and flew out of the water. Heedana asked her firelizards to get her clothes and they did so. Heedana appeared from between and changed in mid air into her clothes on her dragons back. She then noticed the commotion and landed near Neith. "Wow....this is what happens when we leave for a bit." she said with a sigh. When she noticed that no one was getting the weyrlings organized she started to call them around her and directed them to get fellis, wine and anything else that Weyrwoman Cleo needed.

*EDIT*

Ezran looked at Sesania and furrowed her brow slightly. She was still in her favorite outfit that was form fitting. She grimaced as she noticed that she wouldn't be able to wear it in another few weeks. "Uhm.....well, I think he may need some sort of wine when he awakes, so maybe a glass of that in a bit, but as for now, I am just trying to make sure I have all the threadscore covered in numbweed, you can help there." she said as she searched along the back of his legs.

Edited by LoveLost

(( hehe...avatar. No problem Love, I can totally understand the long week thing. On another note, I can't believe we're on page 82. I started back on page 41 I think. Oh how the pages fly ))

Sesania nodded and began helping Ezran to the best of her abilities. Where ever there was thread scoring, Sesania gently applied numbweed. She knew that much about healing someone, how to apply numbweed. She'd learned how back at the Harper Hall. Making instruments could be a dangerous hobby for a harper, especially if they were clumsy with a rather sharp blade. Sesania had had plenty of practice putting numbweed on her idiot brother.

As she applied numbweed, the man twitched slightly. Sesania looked at him worriedly. "I think he's coming around. I'll go get some wine." Quickly Sesania headed over to Heedana, who was organizing the weyrlings. "The rider is going to need wine soon." She said simply.

Emeroth paid close attention to what Vixenith was doing. If she could really help this dragon in the way Vixenith had said, then she could be very useful.

~~~~~~~~

edit: totally forgot Terin there.

Terin followed behind Aoi respectively. "I am glad it is working out for you. As I said before, it was just sitting around gathering dust until it was delivered to you." Of course it had been gathering dust because of the fact he had been hoarding it away for such a purpose as using it to bribe someone. By having it himself, it also ensured that the weyrleader would not get his hands on it. Terin didn't bother looking around as he followed after Aoi, he didn't want to seem like he was more curious then he already was. From what his messenger had told him, there were a great many things in Aoi's Smithy that would interest him.

Edited by Ethril Dragon

((nono, he came once after a messenger. I'll check I'm rereading all my old posts. ))

Edited by Ethril Dragon

((delete OOC when ya'll are done please!))

Heedanan looked at Sesania and quickly dashed to the kitchen to get some wine and brought it back to Sesania. "Here you are m'dear." she said to her future sister-in-law. "Working with Ezran is a good thing. I have a feeling she is going to be one of those stubborn aunties that we used to have at Fort don't you?" she said with a laugh trying to keep things light hearted even though there was a rider with threadscore right in front of them.

Much to his own surprise, V'nov's eyes opened. The last thing he remembered was panicking, having been between significantly longer than it took to cough three times. For a moment, he wondered if he'd dreamt it. Then, pricks of pain from his back told him that the Threadscore, at least, had been real. Maybe he'd blacked out on the flight between. Whatever had happened, V'nov was fairly sure he was back in the Weyr bowl. Blinking his eyes to clear his vision, V'nov glanced around. He didn't see anybody he recognized. There were also a number of dragons he didn't know. Maybe he'd accidentally gone to some other Weyr? No, this was definitely Benden, though there were a few slight differences. Of course, there was a good chance he wasn't thinking clearly. That was when something else caught his attention. There were dragons unlike any that he had ever seen. That was it then; his mind was playing tricks. "W-where..?" He managed to stammer. The single word took a lot out of him.

Ezran looked down at the rider and made sure he didn't move to much as she got down on his level and eye to eye. "Hey there. You're in Benden and you and your dragon recieved some serious scores. From your badge you're from here and a Wingleader, sir. May I ask your name?" she said as she glanced up at where Sesania was supposed to be coming. She stayed calm and grinned when Heedana saluted her for a job well done and encouraged her to keep working. Ezran made sure to hide her unusual paleness from Heedana with her hair when the Junior Weyrwoman took a second glance then looked back to the rider. "I'm sorry for my rudeness sir, I'm Wingsecond Ezran rider of green Jubilath." she said and then thought for a moment. She would have to talk to F'lar. There wasn't a Wingleader to her flight and thread was due in two days.

Edited by LoveLost

((Silly Love. Bitra tithes to Benden. He's a Benden wingleader from over 1,200 years ago.))

"V'nov." He muttered. She should know that. Maybe she just transferred here. That would explain why I don't recognize her. "Where's Tanistha? I need to talk to her." V'nov wondered how his Weyrmate would react to his current condition. I got sloppy and this is the result. By the First Egg, I am such a deadglow. Glancing over at Iotenth, he winced as he took in hs partner's injuries. The dragon hadn't fared well, but given the size of the crowd that was currently working on him, he was in the best possible hands.

((oh....OH! Now I get it!!!!! Gah I wondered at the differences!!!!!!.....*sighs* how would I edit?))

Ezran raised an eyebrow. V'nov? There aren't any Wingleaders named V'nov and shards....there isn't,,,doesn't... She stopped and looked around. She stood up more so and then called Heedana who came walking over. "He says his name is V'nov, Heedana, and he's a Wingleader. He's also asking for a woman named Tanistha." She said and took a step back to let her older leader take a handle on things.

Heedana was shocked at the name V'nov. It was a name recorded she was sure, but how could he have come so far ahead in time without guidance? She got down on his level her hair still slightly damp from her swim at Southern and her skin still slightly red from the sun and still warm. "Wingleader V'nov, I'm Junior Weyrwoman Lady Holder Journeywoman Heedana. You asked about a woman named Tanistha, is she Weyrwoman?" she asked him watching his reactions wondering at what he was going to say. She motioned for Sesania to come over and had her stay near the man while keeping the wine near and making sure that Ezran put fellis in it.

Edited by LoveLost